Is There Any Interest In A $5K NFFC League?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:25 pm

Originally posted by Derek Anderson:
You can count Lumpy's Losers in on an NFFC Ultimate!!!!

Would even be willing to challenge the Best of the Best and limit to only owners from this years Final 32. At that high stakes I would only be hesitant if I did not know the organizers, but Greg and Tom have done a wonderful job.

Derek "Lumpy" Anderson don't abuse me like you guys did in the auction ;) :D ;)
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:36 pm

Gordon, as you know in baseball I didn't propose the idea; one of our NFBC owners did on the Message Boards. I just said that if there was enough interest and if guys wanted to play in an auction or a draft with a $5K entry fee, they could feel secure knowing that I'd run it and that STATS would support it. Next thing you know, we have 14 commitments between the auction and the draft.

I would leave this open to anyone who is interested and they can say "count me in for the auction" or for the draft. We'll keep a running tally and see where the interest lies. I'd do both at the same time on Sunday, Sept. 4th and we'd combine cities if needed.

The playoff format is open for discussion. I asked Tom what he thought five minutes before we both left work and we just threw this together. Nothing is in stone. Hell, I'm not sure why Dyv pounced on the payout structure since I didn't even figure that out yet. This was just throwing out the idea and seeing what lies out there. I know I've been surprised by the response in baseball, so why not open it up for football.

Anyone who is interested, just say so here and state whether you want it to be an auction or a draft, or either. Obviously no official signups will take place until there appears to be enough for a full league. I'm nowhere near that point, just getting a temperature of these waters.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:39 pm

GG, Dyv is just cranky because he knows I'm going to be at Lambeau Field on Sunday to watch his sorry-ass Lions get the snot beaten out of them by my beloved Packers, on national TV no less. He's either envious or feeling the pain five days in advance. Joey Harrington vs. Brett Favre at Lambeau. Can you say "MISMATCH."

I have a good mind to keep $1,000 of his $5,000 and buy a round of beers for my section in the south end zone. :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:39 pm

looks like you have three interested in only a couple hours...
King of Queens
Derek Anderson
Gekko

i'm showing interest in the auction, but again it's only interest at this point. thanks for starting the thread.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

What's the rumpus?

Post by What's the rumpus? » Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:45 pm

I'm not sure it's fair of you Greg, to mention a possible contest and not have everything in place. I suppose they could complain about the format/rules/pay structure they think you might use, but it's hard to get fully worked up. Oh wait, it's already happening. Carry on.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:53 pm

Emmett, it's hard to please everyone anyway! Dyv's making me drink tonight, but that's not such a bad thing since I'm home and all the little ones are fast asleep!!!

Trust me, if we get a few more people interested I'll get the format in place big-time. I just asked because I wanted to know if I should think about adding it to the registration page later on or not. That's all.

Hey, you didn't buy me a beer at the AFL game like you promised. I get two in March from you now!!! You and Gene were too busy yapping.

What's the rumpus?

Post by What's the rumpus? » Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:01 pm

hehe, true. Good thing I saved my MVP cupons;)

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:14 pm

MVP Sports will be back in March, I'm pretty sure of that, so hang onto those coupons! But you're not getting away with that. I'm watching you reach for the greenbacks and pay for my drinks!!!

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:07 pm

Err, didn't mean to be so grumpy - just wanted to make sure/suggest/hope that the payout was a little higher given the increase in stakes. I'm interested in playing at a solid payout. You know full well I understand the costs and expenses behind the scenes perhaps better than most ;)

My apologies if that came across as cold water on the concept... I'm totally FOR the concept and would very likely play. I'm totally FOR KP making money for doing all this work and to pay your big salary... lol

Now, picking on my Lions that was just downright mean-spirited. Especially after what your Packers did this past week. Sheesh!

Alright, in all honesty.. the Lions do suck and I can't deny that. Don't take it out on me!!!!

Just do me a favor? Blow Harrington's doors off so we can get a new QB in here. Brees or Kitna... gotta be someone better than Joey. He's shown ZERO improvement from game 1 as a Lion. It's not like his ratings are inching up - they're flat. Enough is enough, eh?

Dyv
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

joeyliner

Post by joeyliner » Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:00 pm

Greg-
I think I would be in for this type of league. My preference is Draft.
I would need a couple months to give you a final yes or no.

Jones Falls Terrace