Fanball's Rick Hawes Will Be Here To Chat At 2 p.m. EST

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:09 am

Rick, you and I have disagreed on Knowshon Moreno which is fine of course. Assuming he's 100% by the start of the season why do you believe he should be drafted as a RB2?
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Geoffrey Stein

Post by Geoffrey Stein » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:14 am

Rick-

Do you think Chael Sonnen can back up the talk and upset Anderson Silva this weekend? Is it worth putting a little money down on the challenger at +350?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:17 am

Rick, you're not being texted by Brett Favre are you?

If so, don't open the text.

Just trust me on that.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Dirty Deeds

Post by Dirty Deeds » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:21 am

Hi Rick !

I was ahead of the curve I feel starting in 2007 by taking 3 WR'S in the first 3 rounds and enjoyed success with this draft format as I have made the playoffs in 5 straight NFFC Classic and Primetime leagues and positive cash 3 years in a row.

Now with all the buzz about drafting WR's early and often...is it time for me to buck the trend and focus on RB/QB/TE in the early rounds.

Its draft day in a 3RR NFFC 14 Team Classic league and you have the 12th pick Rick. What is your target draft format ?

Thanks In Advance !

Sincerely Dirty,
Deeds

Rick Hawes

Post by Rick Hawes » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:27 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Rick, you and I have disagreed on Knowshon Moreno which is fine of course. Assuming he's 100% by the start of the season why do you believe he should be drafted as a RB2? Moreno wasn't a COMPLETE dud in his rookie season, as he compiled 1,160 scrimmage yards and nine touchdowns, despite being slowed by a groin injury early in the season and an ankle ailment during the final quarter of the campaign.

I also like the fact that the Broncos are transitioning away from the zone-blocking scheme and towards a more power oriented approach. Whether they have the horses in the trenches to pull this off is definitely in question.

Also, I consider Moreno far more talented than Correll Buckhalter, and Knowshon is one of the few backs in the NFL with a shot at getting the lion's share of the carries in his NFL city.

On the flip side, I do agree with you that he doesn't appear to be a "special" back at this stage of his career.
NFL Content Manager
ownersedge.fanball.com

Rick Hawes

Post by Rick Hawes » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:29 am

Originally posted by Geoffrey Stein:
Rick-

Do you think Chael Sonnen can back up the talk and upset Anderson Silva this weekend? Is it worth putting a little money down on the challenger at +350? I like Sonnen, he is a tough SOB. But Anderson Silva is on a different level. If the "Spider" brings his A-game, then Sonnen is going to get his ass kicked.

P.S. I'm not a big time gambling man, so I will let you make the decision on the bet.

[ August 04, 2010, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: Rick Hawes ]
NFL Content Manager
ownersedge.fanball.com

Rick Hawes

Post by Rick Hawes » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:30 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Rick, you're not being texted by Brett Favre are you?

If so, don't open the text.

Just trust me on that. No sir, I haven't received any text messages from Brett Favre. As a matter of fact, I knew yesterday's media reports were BS, because I don't think Favre knows how to text.
NFL Content Manager
ownersedge.fanball.com

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:32 am

Rick, I like Miles Austin a lot. Maybe more than Kim Kardashian does - in a fantasy football way of course. Am I right to like him as much as I do. Will Dez Bryant hinder him or help him in terms of allowing Austin to see more single coverage?
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Rick Hawes

Post by Rick Hawes » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:35 am

Originally posted by Dirty Deeds:
Hi Rick !

I was ahead of the curve I feel starting in 2007 by taking 3 WR'S in the first 3 rounds and enjoyed success with this draft format as I have made the playoffs in 5 straight NFFC Classic and Primetime leagues and positive cash 3 years in a row.

Now with all the buzz about drafting WR's early and often...is it time for me to buck the trend and focus on RB/QB/TE in the early rounds.

Its draft day in a 3RR NFFC 14 Team Classic league and you have the 12th pick Rick. What is your target draft format ?

Thanks In Advance !

Sincerely Dirty,
Deeds First off congratulations on your past success in the NFFC.

Obviously, I think you have to be flexible and go with the flow in all drafts. From the looks of things, CJ2K, All Day, MJD, and Ray Rice are likely to go in the top four picks. In most mocks I've been involved in Frank Gore is in the mix at five and Andre Johnson at six. So it really depends on what happens between picks 7-11. I personally like the idea of going with two elite receivers that know the way to the end zone at the turn with the 12/13 picks, especially since you also have the 25th pick in the third round due to 3RR.

Good luck man!

[ August 04, 2010, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: Rick Hawes ]
NFL Content Manager
ownersedge.fanball.com

Money

Post by Money » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:48 am

Hi Rick,

How about your take on the Lions Fantasy options. Stafford, Best, Johnson, Burleson, Sheffler....

Also, how about your preferred KDS order in a 14 team 3RR league and why?

Thanks.
Joe