Peter Schoenke Live Chat, Tuesday, 2 PM ET

schoenke

Post by schoenke » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:37 am

If I have #1 in KDS this year, I'd go No. 1 overall and then #14. But I'd really want 14. Every study I've seen shows you really just can't turn down the top pick. Too many monster seasons come from it. I know AP isn't in the same class yet as Emmitt Smith, Faulk or LT .. but could he be? I think so. I can see up side of 2,000+ yards. Let's say Favre is healthy and limits his picks. 2,000+ yards with 20+ TDs? It's not that unrealistic. And that probably wins you your league. So you have to take that shot. Or maybe you think MJD or Forte has that potential. Too much to turn down.

But otherwise, put me at the back of the first round because I'm happy with most of the top 10-14 backs and ones I'm higher on may fall to me. And I'm more than happy to go with 2 of the top WRs if there there (and I prefer that based on my math).

Only problem is if every gets WR happy and you're sitting there with the top 5 WR off the board at spot 14. Then you have think hard. I may go RB-RB in that scenario if the value is there.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:37 am

Predictions for worst 5 teams in 2009?

schoenke

Post by schoenke » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:41 am

King of Queens - Not sure what you mean by the question. Just all time? How about Otto Graham - http://databasefootball.com/players/pla ... GRAHAOTT01 - wins the championship every year. [And yes I'm a biased NU grad].

Fantasy all time .. how about the running QBs. Kordell Stewart that one year was so much fun.

Anyone notice the running QB is no more? What QB is going to get more than 3 rush TDs? Isn't the spread offense trend in college supposed to produce a flood of running QBs? Where have you gone Alex Smith?

schoenke

Post by schoenke » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:46 am

King of Queens - Worst 5 teams in the NFL. How about this .. what odds would you give me the Lions won't be one of them. I may take that bet. They sucked last year of course, but I just never thought "this is the worst team ever" when I watched them.

I guess it did take the 0-14 '76 Bucs two more seasons to crack 5 wins. Maybe I'm just delirious with Calvin Johnson's upside.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:52 am

Percy Harvin - Reggie Bush lite or too much hype?
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

D-Day Heroes

Post by D-Day Heroes » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:53 am

Hi Peter ,

Can u Give me your Top 3 Fantasy Footbal Handicappers in the Bussines ?

Mike Sheets gave me Rick Hawes yesterday , who do u have ?

Thanks
" When you are in any contest you should work as if there were - to the very last minute - a chance to lose it. "
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

schoenke

Post by schoenke » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:56 am

Here's my team of "Guys I won't have in any drafts" list. Sure I'd take them, but I have the much lower than most.

QB - Kurt Warner - You're paying for last year's stats even though he's 38 and coming off hip surgery.

RB - DeAngelo Williams - I loved the guy for years and he finally paid off for me big time. I won several leagues due to him. But I think the 20 TDs are kind of fluky. If he runs for more yards but 12 or so TDs .. he's just not top 5 stuff. Sure Stewart's injury may change things, but he's still a guy in a time share and people are paying for last year's stats.

WR - Brandon Marshall - He's dropping like a rock with recent news so I'm probably stating the obvious, but I wasn't high on him before that. Too much chaos in Denver. I really like the top 12 WRs this year .. I can't pick out one who screams bust. Marshall does. Another guy I owned in a lot of leagues last year I won't have this year.

schoenke

Post by schoenke » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:59 am

Percy Harvin - I just don't draft rookie WRs. Their track record is very poor. Harvin could be better that most if he becomes a player like he was at Florida where he gets some rushing yards too. But so many times that preseason hype about a guy being used "all over the field." Just never pans out. So he's nothing but an end-of-the-draft pick for me.

I still would have rather seen the Vikings taken Michael Oher in that spot. Sign skill, draft bulk. That's my philosophy if I'm GM. Let someone else train my skill players and I'll pay the dividends (like Berrian).

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:59 am

Hey Peter, you can answer the next few questions but I wanted to thank you for taking an hour out of your schedule to join us here today. Don't forget folks - Peter will be drafting in Chicago for the doubleheader next weekend so if you want to meet him and, better yet, match your fantasy wits against his, this is a great chance to do so.

Thanks again Pete and good luck in the NFFC next weekend.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:00 am

Peter, the question on QBs referred to current players. One play, one game, one season -- who is your man or would you pick a different QB for each circumstance?