Peter Schoenke Live Chat, Tuesday, 2 PM ET

schoenke

Post by schoenke » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:05 am

D-Day Heroes - Considering I do business with most everyone in fantasy football .. hard for me to call out guys over others for posterity in a public forum. It's also very hard to judge fantasy analysts because the sample size of fantasy football is so small. And what cheat sheet do you judge them from? The preseason mag, the Aug. 15 updates? So maybe just how they've done in leagues. In that regard, Mike Doria, who works for us as our one of our top football editors, won the $50,000 Fantasy Jungle prize 2 years ago. To me he's always the one "expert" who can put his money where his mouth is. Hopefully I can add to that in Chicago.

schoenke

Post by schoenke » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:07 am

I'd take Peyton Manning as my QB in almost any scenario. Especially in fantasy where consistency and the ability to play all 16 games is vastly underrated.

Thanks for the questions folks. I'm looking forward to seeing some of you in Chicago and hopefully others in the playoffs.

schoenke

Post by schoenke » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:20 am

Diesel - I missed your questions. Answers below:

Do you think its possible that Edgerrin James takes the starting spot from the under-achieving Julius Jones?

*** Definitely. But odds are low he does much with it. If I'm gambling on a guy there it's Justin Forsett. He's probably not draft-able in most leagues, but I have my eye on him as an early waiver wire pick. He was great in college, is in a backfield with lots of mediocre veterans. If only they had a younger back with more upside. That was the situation Steve Slaton was in last year .. it's the perfect scenario (ok, other than the part about the rest of the offense being good).

Without giving names, how many WR's would you take from the back end of a 12 team draft, over a runningback?

** I'll name names. If L Fitz, Calvin Johnson, Randy Moss are there .. I'm taking them over most any RB.

Finally. I count as many as NINE TE's that can be a atrong contributor to a fantasy lineup every week. Do you think I'm overly optimistic, or do you see the same thing? To me, it ALMOST makes me want to drop Witten/Gates/Gonzo/Dallas Clark from my lists, so I don't have to use such an early pick, qwhen I may be able to get comparable value a few rounds later with one of the other 5 or so TE's that are sure to go later?

** I'd either take Gates/Witten or bottom fish. I'm with you on depth. I'd have no problem just picking up free agents all season if you don't get a top one. I like Witten/Gates the best just because they have the highest ceiling. Gonzo is old and on a new team. Clark I love, but he hasn't had the production of those two.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:25 pm

Have you set your KDS preferences yet?? Well, take a look at this very interesting article from Peter Schoenke of Rotowire.com for some help there. Thanks Peter for the link and the article:

http://rotosynthesis.rotowire.com/Picki ... BD1324.htm
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius