Live Chat With Tom & Greg: Wednesday At 3 PM ET

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:40 am

Among the many frustrating things about the entire situation with the other event is having participants making posts about what may or may not be happening. Glenn Lowy is a great guy and there's no question he has a huge personal stake at that situation being resolved but he should not be the one making posts about the status of the alleged transaction. Neither should Shawn Childs or Nelson Sousa or anyone else who isn't either currently in charge or part of the alleged new group taking over.

I'm not ripping on those guys for posting what they have been told; just saying that there is no excuse for people in charge to not be making updates. There is FAR too much at stake here for continued silence to be the preferred method of doing business. It's amazing to me that this continues to take place. When Greg and I moved from Fanball to STATS, we posted as much info as often as we could. We couldn't reveal everything obviously but we didn't leave people hanging - and that transaction occurred smack in the middle of NFBC signups. I simply cannot fathom how anyone could believe that ignoring the legitimate demands from players is the proper way to be conducting business.

[ August 10, 2011, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:42 am

Originally posted by kapefear:
Greg or Tom.... My BINKY is sick, but everyone is tight lipped... What the hell is going on with MACLIN.. Mono? Shall i enjoy him falling in the ADP's or is this a RED flag? Nobody has a clue what's going on with Maclin right now and that's another huge concern. Like Colston, he's a guy I really liked in the WR2 range. But also like Colston, he's someone I'm backing off of until we find out more about the illness he's had. If the value is great I wouldn't pass on him but he's not someone I'm currently aggressively targeting. Too much unknown there.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

kapefear

Post by kapefear » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:51 am

Tom, Ive followed you guys for 6 years and counting... I truely love your insight and feelings towards players. I know You guy;'s have been down on BRANDON JACKSON forever... With that said, with him #2 in Cleveland, because of HARDESTY'S injuries again, isn't it time to pounce on HILLIS seeing his current ADP? Thank GOD for the NFFC... Without you guy's Id take permanent residence @ BETTY FORD clinic..

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:52 am

Originally posted by RC Techies:
Just reading the Wcoff message board. Glenneration x makes it sound like the deal with Emil and Ian has fallen through. He states,

"We're not necessarily at that point yet. From what I understand there will be efforts made to revisit a prior option. Hopefully there will be enough time and enough support to make it work. It isn't for me to say if there will be."

Wow, that sucks. I really felt like the Wcoff was going to pull through. I was even trying to figure out how to come up with enough cash to play the Wcoff this year once I saw the new business plan.

I know this isn't football but I sure hope he is wrong and the deal goes through. It seems like it is the only way most of the players are going to get paid.

Maybe this is why we havn't seen any new announcement. Agreed John, at this point it looks like the only way the players get paid is if Ian's investment group strikes a deal ASAP. I know he did contact some past players this weekend and told them the deal was done, yet nothing has been announced publicly since his post last Thursday. Silence is deafening right now and you can see how this is affecting the players and the entire industry. It's not good for anyone for this to fall through.

That being said, this is not an easy deal to complete and it's obvious that something is holding it up. You had multiple owners before and it's possible there are more than one owner now. So maybe not everyone is on the same page. Unfortunately, time is running out with so much to do. Nobody has even answered if the MGM Grand is still holding space and rooms yet or if the stat service is paid and ready to go. There have been no satellite leagues or side events, which definitely hurts the profitability of any event. We all love the live events and can see the profit potential if we sell out all of those events, but the online contests and high-dollar private leagues help the final numbers even more. Without a pre-season to generate those signups, it makes the bottom line tougher.

I have no insight on what is going to happen, but it's hard to see each day go by without ANY response from everyone involved. I know folks want to see this work out, but someone has to step up and at least say SOMETHING about what is happening, don't they? Doesn't everyone who is owed money deserve at least some update now? Isn't that the least they could do for the players now so they can plan accordingly?
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:52 am

LOVE Hillis right now. I worry about him being able to hold up the entire season after clearly declining in the second half of 2010. But Hardesty looks like a wreck and Jackson sucks. Jackson could take some third-down snaps but Hillis looks to be the unquestioned man in the Browns' backfield. He's a strong RB2 with RB1 upside in PPR leagues.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:45 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Max Factor:
Two quickies here:

Was there any enhancement for the D/C league scoring system?

Has there been any decision made on how to handle no show owners in either live or on line games? We have not developed anything new for the DC outside of what we had with STATS two years ago. We are making sure everything with the back-end game system is good to go and adding the new PPR for RBs in the Primetime is a bit of a programming addition that we're doing now. We have so much on our plate that I don't think the DC will be any different than it was in the past with STATS. I'm not sure how that compared to last year's DC live scoring. As I stated on another thread, we will have a live scoring app for cell phones coming soon, but I don't think it's going to solve how DC owners want those totals displayed.

No show owners?? The rules clearly state that we'll use the STATS Top 300 list until that owner shows up. If we know that owner has failed to show despite being paid we do all we can to replace him or have a staff member fill in and pick that team according to our list. Nothing has changed there.
[/QUOTE]This is really disappointing news Greg! This just isn't that difficult to do this so I don't understand why it isn't being done. I wrote an excel program that does this and it didn't take me much more than an hour. I just don't have access to the live scoring and I know that Stats already had this. I guess I just assumed this might be a priority this year.... :mad:

Wayne

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:49 pm

I'll call you tomorrow to discuss. If it's that easy to do, then we'll look at it. The priority right now is getting everything improved from 2009, getting last year's data transferred from Fanball, changing the Primetime scoring rules and making sure this back-end is fully tested and ready to go. But we'll look into it. Show me the way.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius