Combined Standings

pizzatyme

Combined Standings

Post by pizzatyme » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:25 am

I think this could be easily fixed going forward. I'd make people declare what teams are to be coupled for Combined Standings purposes. This eliminates the "best ball" opportunity that apparently exists today.

Good luck to everyone!
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

kennorred

Combined Standings

Post by kennorred » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:04 pm

I dont get it. Your saying that because he has 2 teams that one should not be allowed to compete for prizes that all other teams are allowed to compete for, dont really make no sense to me. some people just want to find every little thing to bitch about and beat it into the ground.

King of Queens

Combined Standings

Post by King of Queens » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:15 pm

Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
What also makes it unfair is that if an Owner wants to draft two teams in one Main Event, then realistically this is an option open only to phone drafters. Live drafters probably couldn't do this unless they literally run back and forth between draft tables or, in an even worse scenario, an Owner "bankrolls" multiple other people to draft live for him under his own name, allowing him to enter 5, 10 or even 20 teams in one Main Event. 2009 Primetime Standings (through Week 1)

178. Harlem Forever NFFC Primetime New York League 2 0-1-0 115.95 12 Julian Curry

229. Fantasy Poet NFFC Primetime New York League 1 0-1-0 101.90 4 Julian Curry

233. Harlem NFFC Primetime New York League 3 0-1-0 100.95 5 Julian Curry

I can assure you that Mr. Curry himself was, in fact, running between three draft tables during the NFFC Primetime in New York.

Impressive. Most impressive.

Raiders

Combined Standings

Post by Raiders » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:21 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
What also makes it unfair is that if an Owner wants to draft two teams in one Main Event, then realistically this is an option open only to phone drafters. Live drafters probably couldn't do this unless they literally run back and forth between draft tables or, in an even worse scenario, an Owner "bankrolls" multiple other people to draft live for him under his own name, allowing him to enter 5, 10 or even 20 teams in one Main Event. 2009 Primetime Standings (through Week 1)

178. Harlem Forever NFFC Primetime New York League 2 0-1-0 115.95 12 Julian Curry

I can assure you that Mr. Curry himself was, in fact, running between three draft tables during the NFFC Primetime in New York.

[/QUOTE]I'm not sure how he did it? Going between each League and drafting three solid teams, and not once repeating a player that was already drafted, unreal.

John

kjduke

Combined Standings

Post by kjduke » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:26 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Shrink Attack:

[/QUOTE]0-3, best score 115 among 12-teamers. Less impressive. :eek:

kjduke

Combined Standings

Post by kjduke » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:28 pm

Originally posted by Bama:
I dont get it. Your saying that because he has 2 teams that one should not be allowed to compete for prizes that all other teams are allowed to compete for, dont really make no sense to me. some people just want to find every little thing to bitch about and beat it into the ground. If I'm playing golf and the guy I'm playing against is playing best ball with a partner (or taking two swings himself from every spot), I'm pretty sure I'm at disadvantage.

[ September 19, 2009, 10:32 PM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

King of Queens

Combined Standings

Post by King of Queens » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:38 pm

Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
...or, in an even worse scenario, an Owner "bankrolls" multiple other people to draft live for him under his own name, allowing him to enter 5, 10 or even 20 teams in one Main Event. When the $1 million bonus was offered last year, I proposed a scenario in which one person could bankroll EVERY TEAM in the NFFC -- thereby guaranteeing the bonus would be paid.

Without the bonus, such an arrangement would result in a huge loss.

BONGIZMO

Combined Standings

Post by BONGIZMO » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:20 pm

Personally, I don't have aproblem with teams withmultiple entries as they don't have an advantage that isn't open to any of us. We all have the ability to have extra teams if we want to risk the cash.
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

kennorred

Combined Standings

Post by kennorred » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:02 pm

The lack of common sense on these boards is amazing at times. I was being a little sarcastic with my earlier post but if a person pays to compete he should be allowed to compete for the same prize money as everyone else no if, ands or butts.

pizzatyme

Combined Standings

Post by pizzatyme » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:52 pm

No need to be so harsh.

I think it potentially has a greater negative impact if allowed to stay as is for next season.

Like I said before and was confirmed by KJ, allowing best-ball from entries puts most at a disadvantage.

It's like the Indy 500 setup currently. There are 3 major owners with deep pockets and then everyone else. The difference being, every entrant on race day gets paid. There's no guarantee of that here.

It makes for a very boring race for most of the field as they go into it with a big disadvantage. I feel the same will happen here. This would possibly limit participation on the whole and ultimately make the bonus extinct.

We'll see.

All we have to do is require the multiple team owners to state which teams they want to pair to compete for the prize. And have them do it before the season starts. We could even let them do it after the drafts are held so they could choose their "best" teams.

Even that would be better than a rolling best ball entry. IMO

[ September 20, 2009, 05:55 AM: Message edited by: Just Russ ]
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.