Mathews same week one injury as Tomlinson...

renman

Post by renman » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:07 am

I remember people mocking a poster for saying that last years week one injury that happened to LT was something any RB of any age regularly gets and had nothing to do with his age or breaking down.

I guess Mathews is "done" too right?

Where are the posters who in a torch carrying message board mob attacked that lone isolated voice who later ended up being proven to be 100% right on every single point made on the topic? I wonder how many will have the guts/integrity to stand up and say not only were they wrong, but they were wrong to mock a guy who dared to have an opinion later proven accurate.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:27 am

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:33 am

This sounds like a fun football topic to discuss .

Snore.

renman

Post by renman » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:43 am

Bald,

I am aware it isn't an interesting topic to discuss. Mostly because few have the guts to discuss it. It is a bigger point about the abrasive nature some get on message boards. There is a need for some people to be hostile towards others who state an opinion or express a viewpoint. I see COUNTLESS fantasy football opinions that I not only completely disagree with but internally laugh at sometimes here. I never ever pis* on someone elses opinion. My football knowledge ego isn't that big.

There were a number of people here and in the industry in general who saw the former best fantasy player in the sport struggle over the last year and a half and immediately the "he is FINISHED!" and "he is done!" silliness starts without people being able to use their football knowledge to look a little deeper at the situation.

I disagreed with those saying LT was "done" and I outlined why in a friendly respectful manner. Not surprisingly a handful of people attacked my opinion (or distorted it by inventing things I never said) and me personally for daring to express it. I then (quite successfully) backed up my opinion with sound logic.

As the season went on my logic/viewpoint was proven to be 100% accurate on every single point (there were multiple points) that was made... My viewpoint has been further proven accurate into the 2010 season.

I find it interesting that those who get hostile and attack others for expressing opinions go silent when they are proven wrong.

I am fully aware this thread isn't interesting to many, if any. It is more of a message to those who feel this sad need to get hostile with someone for having an opinion. Maybe we can see less of that this season on the forum.

[ September 25, 2010, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: Renman ]

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:34 am

Renman...I do remember you being almost the lone voice on the MB last year saying LT was not done.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:02 pm

If your football knowledge ego isn't that big, why are you defending yourself one year later in a thread that you started AND saying on TWO separate occasions now that your viewpoint 'was proven to be 100% accurate on every single point"?

If your ego wasn't crying out, this thread wouldn't exist.

LT looks alot better this year, but he still is not the same player as he was in his prime.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:57 pm

Originally posted by Renman:
I am fully aware this thread isn't interesting to many, if any. I dunno. For some odd reason, I find it kinda entertaining. I may be mistaken, but I have a feeling it'll become even more entertaining before long.

Glenn

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:15 pm

Originally posted by Glenneration X:
quote:Originally posted by Renman:
I am fully aware this thread isn't interesting to many, if any. I dunno. For some odd reason, I find it kinda entertaining. I may be mistaken, but I have a feeling it'll become even more entertaining before long.

Glenn
[/QUOTE]oh yea. by the time i log on tomorrow morning it should be interesting. :eek:
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:50 pm

I know this topic is about LT but I can't get around the thoughts that the starter of this thread:

-Seems very sensitive about the subject matter at hand
-Cannot emotionally let go of events that transpired last year
-Feels attacked but then ironically and subsequently attacks others (stating they have "no guts." )
-Likes to repeat himself to make his points even though they are already crystal clear...

This unfortunately gets me to thinking....

... are you my wife posing as a Fantasy Football Guru ??