RotoWorld's Gregg Rosenthal Will Chat Here On Friday At 2 PM EST

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:36 am

How concerned are you about McGahee's surgery? Where do you have him currently ranked?

greggr

Post by greggr » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:42 am

Originally posted by rkulaski:
Greg,

Two questions:

1)I heard J Stewart's toe is still bothering him? Does he get the majority of carries this year in Carolina?

2)Last year, guys like Grant, Graham, and B Edwards emerged to be fantasy stars. Who are a couple of names at RB and WR who could do the same this year if the opportunity is there?? Thanks, Rich 1) Vegas would probably bet on Williams right now. I think it will be Stewart, even if Williams starts the year. They didn't draft a power back #13 in the draft to bench him. As for the toe, he played last night. That's a huge step. The numbers were ugly but I saw decent speed. He looked a little tentative.

2) Some sleepers at RB/WR: Chris Johnson, Pierre Thomas, Chris Perry, Andre Hall, Tim Hightower.

WR: Jerry Porter, Curry, Drew Bennett, Antonio Bryant, and my man Courtney Taylor

greggr

Post by greggr » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:43 am

Originally posted by RiFF:
How concerned are you about McGahee's surgery? Where do you have him currently ranked? I'm more concerned with his offensive line and Ray Rice. The offense has a ways to go. Cam Cameron will help - I have him mid-third round.

greggr

Post by greggr » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:45 am

Originally posted by bmiller:
What do you see happening in the Denver RB situation and where would you draft those backs? Selvin Young has EVERY chance to be a top-15 guy. If he can hold up, I think he will be. I expect him to be like Brandon Jacobs last year - a starter when healthy, not healthy fo long. There just isn't much behind him. Andre Hall is worth a late-round pick because he's next in line. Alridge and Hillis are a long shots and Pittman is going to be a role player.

greggr

Post by greggr » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:47 am

Originally posted by Hman83:
Which of these players, who were injured last year, should outperform their ADP?

Heap
Fast Willie
Ronnie Brown
Reggie Bush

thx, HMan83 Heap I like. Bush I like in a PPR, and maybe he'll outperform it in a regular league, but not by much.

Brown's ADP is about right. Fast Willie ... I don't have much hope for.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:52 am

Gregg, at what pick would you stop caring about Steven Jackson's holdout and consider him too good to pass up?
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

greggr

Post by greggr » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:54 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Gregg, at what pick would you stop caring about Steven Jackson's holdout and consider him too good to pass up? I wrote about this in my blog this. I really am NOT worried about him for another week. I bet they will get it handled now that the camp portion of the month is over. I would not take him out of any top-five. He is not going to miss his paydays. And if he gets in within the next week, he'll be ready for the season.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:58 am

Thanks to Gregg for taking the time to answer some questions today. For those of you coming to New York or thinking about it - what are you waiting for? You'll get to meet Gregg in person and chat about football and anything else within reason.

Thanks again Gregg and I'll see you in a couple of weeks.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

greggr

Post by greggr » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:59 am

Thanks Tom, Greg and everyone else for stopping by.