Should We Include Individual ST Points In 2010?

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:31 am

Originally posted by Just Russ:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Just Russ:
We need Obama to make change happen around here.

No harm intended Greg, just poking fun. I get every one of your pokes Russ. I'm not sure why you think we're just a contest that follows others when we have constantly added innovations to the NFFC. And I was the one who started this discussion, so it's obvious I'm looking for feedback on this subject.

I just don't see an overwhelming consensus on this one. In fact, it's probably been one of our most civil discussions we've ever had on the NFFC boards about a rules change. It's kind of refreshing. :D
[/QUOTE]Greg, maybe I've just missed the changes that have happened over the last 3+ years I've been here. I don't follow as closely as I should. I just read the rules each year. I'm getting old so my memory fails me quite often.

I do appreciate you asking for feedback, that in itself is refreshing!

I'm having a hard time remembering a consensus on any proposed rule change in my time with the NFFC. Has there really been some? That would be unusual for this group of misfits, including myself. :D
[/QUOTE]In 14 team League 3rd team in every League makes playoffs. 19 man roster from 18 the following year, this one seems to have hurt me, for now. ;)
2010 changing DT scoring and going to Victory Points, Russ I say Greg has and will change things if it's Good for the Contest.

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:35 am

quote:Originally posted by RedRyder:
Okay, so since the landscape of Special Teams is changing, ie. WR returning more kick-offs and punts, thus prompting this discussion...when are we have a full point per reception for RBs discussion???? :D
Surely that landscape has changed as well. Jules, I'll save you the aggrivation here. I heard loud and clear that 1PPR for RBs was NOT going to happen. This discussion took place less than a month ago.
[/QUOTE]Bummer. Not even a 10 page discussion on the topic :(

As far as changes made the last few years, I can't name them all. But one I really liked that was made in-season was giving the Regular Season Points Champ a Free Entry. BillyWaz made the suggestion and Greg was receptive. Didn't the NFFC change the 3rd place pay-out structure a few years back?

My last note, I, like Jeff, live in a cave sometimes. In this day and age, it's real simple to create a survey and e-mail to all us players. That way everyone gets a chance for input. Not just the folks that frequent the MB.
@RedRyder

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:41 am

Originally posted by RedRyder:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RedRyder:
[qb] Okay, so since the landscape of Special Teams is changing, ie. WR returning more kick-offs and punts, thus prompting this discussion...when are we have a full point per reception for RBs discussion???? :D
Surely that landscape has changed as well. My last note, I, like Jeff, live in a cave sometimes. In this day and age, it's real simple to create a survey and e-mail to all us players. That way everyone gets a chance for input. Not just the folks that frequent the MB.
[/QUOTE]EXCELLENT suggestion Jules!

I think sometimes there are people that perceive that some people "have Greg's ear more than most".

Whether that is true or not, ONE person should certainly not have anymore weight than another. That is why the e-mail idea is excellent! We all are paying customers, we all should have a say. :D

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:57 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by RedRyder:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RedRyder:
[qb] Okay, so since the landscape of Special Teams is changing, ie. WR returning more kick-offs and punts, thus prompting this discussion...when are we have a full point per reception for RBs discussion???? :D
Surely that landscape has changed as well. My last note, I, like Jeff, live in a cave sometimes. In this day and age, it's real simple to create a survey and e-mail to all us players. That way everyone gets a chance for input. Not just the folks that frequent the MB.
[/QUOTE]EXCELLENT suggestion Jules!

I think sometimes there are people that perceive that some people "have Greg's ear more than most".

Whether that is true or not, ONE person should certainly not have anymore weight than another. That is why the e-mail idea is excellent! We all are paying customers, we all should have a say. :D
[/QUOTE]I agree. This is a suggestion I've made previously as well.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

jjsegura78

Post by jjsegura78 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:07 am

Dante Hall
Devin Hester
Darren Sproles
Josh Cribbs
Eddie Royal

These are skilled returners who risk injury returning kicks. They should be rewarded for doing their jobs.

If everyone knows the rules, it's fair for all.

It adds strategy to the draft/FA.

And, like Billy said, I don't want my own player beating me with a ST TD!!! You can also include Jacoby Jones in this mix as well as others like Ahmad Bradshaw and several more. I say YES to this next year if I have a vote. Just my 2 cents.
Projection 2010: Either winning my Classic LV/Chicago Dual League, or making it to the Catalina Wine Mixer.

JJ Segura

renman

Post by renman » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:10 am

One question.

I hope to get a clear answer as opposed to the "I don't like it cause I just dont like it!" answer...

What is the downside to having the individual player awarded 6 points when he returns a kickoff or punt for a TD?

What is the downside to this?

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:21 am

Originally posted by RedRyder:
Okay, so since the landscape of Special Teams is changing, ie. WR returning more kick-offs and punts, thus prompting this discussion...when are we have a full point per reception for RBs discussion???? :D
Surely that landscape has changed as well. :D :D :D :D
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

bobsgym13

Post by bobsgym13 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:23 am

Originally posted by Renman:
One question.

I hope to get a clear answer as opposed to the "I don't like it cause I just dont like it!" answer...

What is the downside to having the individual player awarded 6 points when he returns a kickoff or punt for a TD?

What is the downside to this? The downside is that it is the least predictable event in football and is already covered in the DST; however, I love the idea of changing DST to just D and making the D pts more reflective of true performance. If giving the ST TD's to individuals is what it takes to get this done, then I'm for it.

Bob
Luck in FF is like a game of Russian Roulette. The BWaz's of the world only have one bullet to spin - the rest of us have two. It's still mostly luck, but ...
-By Bob (For Gekko)

bobsgym13

Post by bobsgym13 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:29 am

Bob, whenever a proposed rule change hits these boards, there are usually 20 (or less)distinct opinions expressed. Yet, Greg usually references these opinions or others that are not seen by us as to the masses (herd).

He usually goes off of the majority opinion on the board. He has even checked back in here when a total of 8 (eight) distinct voices have been heard.

I'm not trying to be superior or whatever you're trying to allege. I'm saying that based on my (and others) observations on here that the herd rules when it comes to most changes.

It makes sense to go that way. I don't have to agree with it, as I think the game could be enhanced otherwise. Sorry Russ,

I took your use of the 'herd' as anybody replying to keep it the same.

Bob
Luck in FF is like a game of Russian Roulette. The BWaz's of the world only have one bullet to spin - the rest of us have two. It's still mostly luck, but ...
-By Bob (For Gekko)

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:48 am

Originally posted by Bob Squad:
quote:Originally posted by Renman:
One question.

What is the downside to this? The downside is that it is the least predictable event in football and is already covered in the DST; however, I love the idea of changing DST to just D and making the D pts more reflective of true performance. If giving the ST TD's to individuals is what it takes to get this done, then I'm for it.

Bob
[/QUOTE]Safetys are less predictable or less frequent than return TDs. :D
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.