Should We Include Individual ST Points In 2010?

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:43 am

Originally posted by Renman:
ugly,

This is about PERCEPTION. KDS and 3RR give we fantasy players the PERCEPTION we have more control over things when in reality we do not. This is such a fail.

The reality is players will pine for any advantage when given to them. A fact proven over and over again, especially in 14-team leagues where every point is so precious.

Also one CAN predict it. My son has been to three NFL games and seen FIVE return TD's. He predicted Sproles would return one at the game Monday night. ;) :D

Just because you won't (stubbornly try it) or can't (see it be predictable), doesn't mean it can't happen.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:52 am

This might be the most boring, most repeating thread in the history of this message board.

Edit - not most repeating. That would be Renman in the Titans/Pats thread.

[ October 22, 2009, 04:55 PM: Message edited by: Bald is Beautiful ]

bobsgym13

Post by bobsgym13 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:55 am

Originally posted by Bald is Beautiful:
This might be the most boring, most repeating thread in the history of this message board. I have found a home.

Bob
Luck in FF is like a game of Russian Roulette. The BWaz's of the world only have one bullet to spin - the rest of us have two. It's still mostly luck, but ...
-By Bob (For Gekko)

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:10 am

I will say I don't want every Contest to have the same rules. That being said.

1. Change DT scoring, add yards allowed and no credit for Punt and kick returns for TD's. Player get's the credit.

2. Victory Points.

3. Change RB's to 1 point per catch.

But I would like to see a Poll started. Some don't want to post on here, for what ever reason. Or as Jules said send out a email, every person has a say.

Again Thanks Greg for starting this up and listening.

Thanks again,

John

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:22 am

Wow, I can 't believe I just spent 15 minutes reading through this nonsense. (And another 30 secs. writing this)
I'm going to spend the next 15 minutes more productively....maybe by banging my head against the wall. :rolleyes:

For what it's worth, (which admittedly is very little) I'd vote for giving the TD to both the player and the Def. (But have absolutely zero problems with the status quo) And I find it difficult to believe anyone would draft or through FAAB obtain both players (Kick returner and Def) solely to try to take advantage of this possible change. No question, most would add a TD or 2 to their projections for players like Sproles or Royal or Hester or Bush and then draft them accordingly. But I'd find it hard to believe that someone would draft Bush just because they had the N.O def, ahead of a RB they had scoring more points than Bush.

Carry on...

renman

Post by renman » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:31 am

Originally posted by RiFF:
Wow, I can 't believe I just spent 15 minutes reading through this nonsense. (And another 30 secs. writing this)
I'm going to spend the next 15 minutes more productively....maybe by banging my head against the wall. :rolleyes:

For what it's worth, (which admittedly is very little) I'd vote for giving the TD to both the player and the Def. (But have absolutely zero problems with the status quo) And I find it difficult to believe anyone would draft or through FAAB obtain both players (Kick returner and Def) solely to try to take advantage of this possible change. No question, most would add a TD or 2 to their projections for players like Sproles or Royal or Hester or Bush and then draft them accordingly. But I'd find it hard to believe that someone would draft Bush just because they had the N.O def, ahead of a RB they had scoring more points than Bush.

Carry on... I believe this is word for word where I stand on the topic.

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:47 am

Originally posted by RiFF:
But I'd find it hard to believe that someone would draft Bush just because they had the N.O def, ahead of a RB they had scoring more points than Bush.

Carry on... When does a D/ST ever go before Bush? :eek: :rolleyes:

If I drafted Bush, DJax, Sproles, Royal, etc... I would consider their D/ST when it came time to make that pick in the draft, and I would EASILY take the one to couple if my projections were REMOTELY close to the other D/ST considerations at that pick.

That ALREADY is considered by some within the CURRENT RULES.

I've lost SIX games this year by less than 1.5 in four leagues and would welcome ANY chance to get another six points, but as a game operator, I hurl at thought that one player can earn 12 points when another one can not (except when noted by Billy once every four leap years)

[ October 22, 2009, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: FantasyFactor ]
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Gordon Gekko II

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:55 am

Originally posted by Bald is Beautiful:
This might be the most boring, most repeating thread in the history of this message board.

Edit - not most repeating. That would be Renman in the Titans/Pats thread. agreed jack!

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:59 am

Originally posted by FantasyFactor:
quote:Originally posted by RiFF:
If I drafted Bush, DJax, Sproles, Royal, etc... I would consider their D/ST when it came time to make that pick in the draft, and I would EASILY take the one to couple if my projections were REMOTELY close to the other D/ST considerations at that pick.

[/QUOTE]You'd be in a real pickle if you drafted Bush, D Jax and Sproles... :eek:

And it's good to hear that some players (well at least one) would be influenced to draft inferior options based on this possible change. Maybe I'm more in favor of it than I first thought.

renman

Post by renman » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:04 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko II:
quote:Originally posted by Bald is Beautiful:

Edit - not most repeating. That would be Renman in the Titans/Pats thread. agreed jack!
[/QUOTE]I actually agree... It would be a treat if others would not INVENT positions I don't have which require me continue to state my viewpoint and position on the incredibly basic point.

Or I could ignore people like I have in the past... I just prefer to think we have high quality football minds here who are open to reasonable, rational, friendly debate.