QB - WR Tandum

renman

QB - WR Tandum

Post by renman » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:31 am

I personally don't have strong feelings about the QB-WR tandem. I sometimes get it.. sometimes not. They key for me is never to reach for someone just to secure the tandem. I would not take Romo early just because I took Owens... When total points gets rewarded properly (as it does in the NFFC) the need or advantage of having your QB-WR going off together gets minimized.

However, I do not think it is a bad strategy. It may hurt you if the Cowboys are playing in a bad weather game where both Romo and Owens numbers are hurt. However, when they both go off... Look out.

[ September 06, 2008, 09:50 AM: Message edited by: renman ]

wayne123

QB - WR Tandum

Post by wayne123 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:42 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
...simply curious but do any of the comrades here know how to properly spell "tandem"?...SNAKE I "perfer" old English prose when acceptable. Perhaps you "prefer" the new standardization of language. Seems to me that I smacked you down about this last year...LOL! Something about Japanese stadium roofing? You should select your battles more wisely my friend...ya can't fight about everything...can ya? Hang loose Snake and good luck this year! You know I'm just teasing you.
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

stevop24

QB - WR Tandum

Post by stevop24 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:03 pm

I agree that as long as you don't have to reach to grab half of your tandem it's not such a bad thing.

I think a better way to go is a QB/RB combo from the same team. Obviously it only works for high powered offense. The idea being is that you will get EVERY TD accounted for from that team since the QB will throw all of em and the stud RB will run all of em in. Once in awhile you will get the double whammy of a QB-RB TD Pass.

This could work for the following combos: Manning-Addai, Romo-Barber, to a lesser extent Rivers-Tomlinson (since Rivers doesn't throw enough).

Thoughts?
"When I walk down the street they'll say there goes Roy Hobbs...The greatest that ever was."

pizzatyme

QB - WR Tandum

Post by pizzatyme » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:09 am

Originally posted by Wonder Boy:
I agree that as long as you don't have to reach to grab half of your tandem it's not such a bad thing.

I think a better way to go is a QB/RB combo from the same team. Obviously it only works for high powered offense. The idea being is that you will get EVERY TD accounted for from that team since the QB will throw all of em and the stud RB will run all of em in. Once in awhile you will get the double whammy of a QB-RB TD Pass.

This could work for the following combos: Manning-Addai, Romo-Barber, to a lesser extent Rivers-Tomlinson (since Rivers doesn't throw enough).

Thoughts? I think you might be my new favorite poster... :D

I just secured Addai/Manning in the FFPC and was happy to do so.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

stevop24

QB - WR Tandum

Post by stevop24 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:38 pm

Nice---Manning and Addai.

I did that last year in an auction league and it worked out pretty well until the rest of my team took a crap.

regards,

Steve P
"When I walk down the street they'll say there goes Roy Hobbs...The greatest that ever was."