Sandman62

Cutler + NO Denver = Bad for EVERYBODY!

Post by Sandman62 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:30 pm

Yes, NOT happy w/ Rodgers right now. C'mon! BIG finish! :D

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:37 pm

On the fantasy side of things,

E Bennett 6 catches now. Looking like a great value in drafts this year. Cutler should be looking for him all year- they have a good repoire already from their days at Vanderbilt.

da bears

Post by da bears » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:39 pm

Cutler looking good now I'll have to admit. GO BEARS!!
Bauler Shot Caller

BONGIZMO

Post by BONGIZMO » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:44 pm

I will be the first to admit that historically I have believed in you play your top picks regardless of match ups. The few times I have gone against that I have often paid the price. It is also why I have seen many a less than 5 points from players.

That being said and in an effort to change things up after a miserable year in 08, I actually benched Cutler and started Hass in the NFFC. Even benched Hixon for Bruce at the last minute. Now if I only had the stones and the personel to do something about LJ...lol.

Maybe an ole dog can learn some new tricks... ;) However none of you will ever see me with anything but pens and paper at a draft, have to stay old schoool in some respects.
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

D-Day Heroes

Post by D-Day Heroes » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:44 pm

NEWS FLASH ...CUTLER AIN'T NO RODGERS :D
" When you are in any contest you should work as if there were - to the very last minute - a chance to lose it. "
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Team Canada

Post by Team Canada » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:09 am

The bronco recievers and offense will be fine... As soon as they bench Orton
I always liked Simms maybe its just because of his dad but he HAS to be better then Orton, it seems like Orton tries to throw it at the d line his release point is so low...

It was great watching that baby Cutler cry all night and throw 4 picks :D Not one catch for Forte? Is the little suck calling the plays??
Chi = 3rd in there divisons an no chance of a wild card....

I really hope Green bay will be fine because it will cost me if not :mad:
If this Barbre guy doesn't pick it up they should just go in 12 personnel all day and throw to driver and jennings with time they will get open :D
2008 double playoffs!!

TURBOUGH

Post by TURBOUGH » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:41 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
I realize Green Bay's defense is pretty solid, but Jay Cutler is REALLY missing quality WR's, and it is obvious that Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal are REALLY missing Jay.

Jay and the Broncos went together like "peas and carrots", Jay and the Bears, and the Bronco's WR's without Cutler appear to go together like "spaghetti and tuna fish".

Thanks a lot Josh McDaniel!!! Lets not blame the the Bears receivers for Cutlers woes. He simply sucked last night. He threw four interceptions and there should have been 6 or 7. He was horrible. Has a guy suppose to catch those passes.

Orton will do better next week. Marshall will still get his 80 catches this season. I just hope he gets his yardage while doing it.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:45 am

I was at this game on Sunday night and it was an INCREDIBLE atmosphere. The Bears' fans came in full force and really made a lot of noise inside Lambeau. It was a fun rivalry game that was very physical and well played if you like a defensive battle.

The Bears manhandled the Packers up front and even offensively they started to wear the Packers down. I was surprised they didn't keep running Forte because you could see it was starting to work. He was a beast in those second half drives and it set up the play action pass nicely.

But Cutler was just AWFUL. The key with him is to get pressure on him. Any pressure. Just get him away from dropping back, setting up and throwing comfortably. Any pressure gets those feet moving and the next thing you know he's throwing off his back foot or rolling right and throwing across his body to the middle of the field. He threw four interceptions but he easily could have had 5 or 6. His mistakes were rookie mistakes that never should happen to a guy of his stature. He gave the Packers that win.

His problem is that he doesn't realize he has a championship D that just needs him to avoid turnovers and keep the chains moving. Obviously the injury to Brian Urlacher (what a monster he is; he is just a blast to watch play) and Mike Brown will hurt this D, but Cutler still needs to cut back on his risk taking and just manage this offense better. He can't get any worse than he was on Sunday night. If he does, the Bears' QB jinx will continue for years to come.

Rodgers missed a lot of open receivers and didn't look as sharp as we've seen him. The Packers' offensive line has three new starters on the right side and it showed. I'm not sure they can win with that line, but defensively they were extremely aggressive and Dom Capers did a great job of neutralizing Greg Olsen and keeping pressure on Cutler. What a difference from a year ago.

They call it the Black 'n Blue Division for a reason. It was a great game and fortunately it was a great finish. It wasn't great from a fantasy perspective, but still fun to watch. And if I'm a Cutler owner, I'm a bit worried. This kid thinks he's better than he is. Time to scale him back a bit if the Bears know what's good for them and ride Forte to the playoffs.

Just my two cents.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

botherk

Post by botherk » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:26 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
This kid thinks he's better than he is. THAT says it all.
Alge? Braylon? Knowshon?
C'mon parents!

Here are some names for football players.
Ouch, Hitcha, Juke, Blitz

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:08 am

No question Cutler is a tool and he's quite fond of himself. That said, if you can survive the INTs or are in a league which doesn't penalize for them, then what we saw Sunday (277/1) is likely to be his floor when it comes to poor performances. I think the Steelers will be all over him on Sunday but I could see him finishing with 250+ yards and 1-2 TDs again. What fantasy owners need to decide with Cutler is how costly are the INTs going to be.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich