DHB

alanr824

DHB

Post by alanr824 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:45 pm

Has anyone heard anything legitimate regarding why Darius Heyward Bay was benched? Does it have anything to do with Carson Palmer and his opinion on the receivers? I have watched DHB play all year and have seen a lot of great things. I just don't get it. Jacoby Ford is a nice little receiver and I know they just signed TJ, but what is the deal moving forward?

Tom Kessenich

DHB

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:01 am

Nobody has reported anything that I've seen but it is really bizarre to say the least. The Raiders have always loved Ford so I'm not surprised he gained a more prominent role coming out of the bye. And Hue Jackson has often talked about Moore like he's his long-lost son so even that makes sense. But how does the team's leading WR go from being No. 1 to No. 5 on the depth chart?

There's no doubt something's going on here. There's absolutely no way a capable coaching staff decided to drop their top WR four spots on the depth chart unless something provoked them. Maybe we'll find out what really happened after the season but it's a killer for Heyward-Bey owners, that's for sure.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Fro

DHB

Post by Fro » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:14 am

This was a post from a poster on the FBG message board and while it is pure specualtion it is the most plausible explanation that I could conceive.

"I'm convinced DHB did or said something that pissed Hue off after the signing of Housh. It was widely noted that the WR corps was extremely tight knit and Hagan was the vet big brother to them all. My guess is that DHB vocalized frustration to the team and Hue put him in his place to make a point. No other reason why you go from #1 to #5 like he did this weekend."

Tom Kessenich

DHB

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:19 am

Originally posted by Fro:
This was a post from a poster on the FBG message board and while it is pure specualtion it is the most plausible explanation that I could conceive.

"I'm convinced DHB did or said something that pissed Hue off after the signing of Housh. It was widely noted that the WR corps was extremely tight knit and Hagan was the vet big brother to them all. My guess is that DHB vocalized frustration to the team and Hue put him in his place to make a point. No other reason why you go from #1 to #5 like he did this weekend." That definitely makes sense. There were clearly no performance reasons that would result in him being so significantly demoted. It had to be an off-the-field issue of some kind.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich