Red vs. Blue Live Draft Results

Chi_Town_FEW

Post by Chi_Town_FEW » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:28 am

Looks good everyone. The back of the draft doesn't look as favorable as other years. I prefer the back of the draft but 6-7 backs and 3-4 receivers looks like the norm for the first 10 picks. I will be doing my first DCs this year and a different draft strategy is in order. Wayne and I think way to much alike.

Team Legacy

Post by Team Legacy » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:47 am

That was alot of fun guys. Here's my recap:

Drafters: What a great group of guys. Very knowledgable and overall very effective, no complaining, no issues whatsoever, top notch! I'll break down all the teams later tonight when I have more time.

Draft software: Very good, solid platform. I think my internet connection caused it to reset about 2 or 3 times, but I'm not ready to blame that on the software. One thing that bothered me, after the 14th pick of every round, the draft board on the left hand side would drop down to the next round and slide the previous round up and out of view, so every round, I'd have to slide it back up to find out who was picked last.

Draft que: Liked the draft que, however there are many times where the first initial last name is not a good enough identifier of the player. D Williams S Smith, with no other identifier in the que, this spells trouble. Can we make room for first names?

Draft picks: There actually is a way Wayne to draft not involving the que. Simply highlight the player on the list and above the player list is a button called DRAFT PLAYER. There it details which player you have selected. Granted, if you hit the draft button below the que, you'll get the player in your que, but it worked well for me, I did make the mistake one time with Gerhart however, but I considered it user error. Can it be prevented? Maybe not. I like the flexibility it gives you, maybe you could put up a popup, "are you sure you want to draft Peyton HIllis button yes/no ??

The Draft: I had to constantly remind myself this is draftmaster. Its not your typical draft where I have to trot out X amount of starters every week. In my opinion, it totally changes the way I need to draft. I'm not so concerned with my starting lineup being "consistent" as with 30 rounds, I'll have plenty of depth. You just need big time weeks, not necesarily big time players. I also knew I wouldn't like my draft on paper if I took Vick in the first, but when Rodgers went, I knew I was going to do it anyway. I just feel like he is the perfect guy in this format. I also feel its very important to lock down your QB and TE positions early and back them up early. Injuries happen, and even Mr. Gridiron Peyton Manning has a slight question in my mind this year. For that reason Due to no free agency, I feel very strongly about backing up your QB and TE early, so I spent an additional pick on each position early, again, taking away the look on paper.

QB - Vick, Stafford
RB - Best, Blount, Ronnie, Delone, McCluster, Gerhart, Jacquizz, Bradford, Royster
WR - Wallace, Holmes, Ocho (c'mon NE), Julio, Benn, Simpson, Avery, Pettis, Salas, Edelman
TE - Jimmy Graham, Tony Gonzo, Hoomanawanui, Cameron
PK - Folk, Dawson, Kasay
DST - Bucs, Rams

Yeah, not too happy with it, but I think I took alot of guys that can have those "big games", that I look for in this format. All in all, probably a team lucky to be middle of the pack with this group, but maybe having Vick puts me in the discussion. His 30-40 point games sure do help.

Thanks for the time guys! Let's do it again in about a month after the CBA is done!

[ June 11, 2011, 10:56 AM: Message edited by: FPA - Scott Atkins ]
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

Team Legacy

Post by Team Legacy » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:53 am

Mike dude, take a kicker! Did anybody else see that we left Indy Colts starting kicker undrafted? Brett Swenson I thought for sure MIke was gonna pull this on us and leave us all saying.. Who the heck??

[ June 11, 2011, 10:54 AM: Message edited by: FPA - Scott Atkins ]

Team Legacy

Post by Team Legacy » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:01 am

Thanks go out to Greg for posting picks in the thread and Wayne for hosting the live draft board.

What did I tell you Wayne, you had about 15-20 on at one point and the error message popped up about Google Chrome running low on memory! Ha! Thought we were going to have to shut it down. Thanks again Wayne for coming through on that!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:34 am

Awesome feedback guys on the software. There is no doubt the big draft board is in the plans with players colored by position. We certainly had that for baseball and will have it for football. It's a fantastic look of the overall draft colored by position. You can keep that screen popped out separate from the draft room and it's everything you need. I'll get a date on when that is ready.

Yeah, we'll look at the que on what Wayne mentioned and the first name like Scott mentioned. Thanks.

Bye weeks is a great suggestion GG. We'll ask to get that added. Very important, I agree, for football.

Again, great kickoff to the season and enhancements are coming, but this is a great start. And to think we didn't get the satellite season tested until the first week of August last year and then we bombed out of the gate!! :D Oh man, what a difference a year makes. Great job IT guys and great job drafters!!
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Henry Muto

Post by Henry Muto » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:42 am

One more thing bye weeks would have been nice to have next to the players names. That is a pretty important thing to have especially in a draft masters format so you don't grab 2 kickers, defenses or QBs from the same bye week if possible. Or do what I did find out after the draft your loaded at RB during week 6 bye.
2023 NFFC Cutline Champion and 4th place ($90,000) (1720 teams)
2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion ($200,000) (2460 teams)
2012 NFFC Online National Champion and 4th place ($110,000 winner) (1872 teams)
2014 DFWC National Champion (288 teams)

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:56 am

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
quote:Originally posted by Glenneration X:
quote:Originally posted by Diesel:
I say we pay Scott and Mike to do the play by play for every draft. Are you sure you want to pay for analysis from someone who forgets to draft a K and/or Defense in a DC league with no FAAB? [/QUOTE]I hear Derek Anderson has been working out at PK..... :eek:

Wayne
[/QUOTE]I heard Mike say during the broadcast that he intended to draft 4 K'ers......what he failed to mention is that none of those K'ers would be on an NFL roster. :eek:

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:06 am

A couple of observationsx about the draft software. Is it possible to have the team that the player is on be displayed in the draft queue. For instance I had both S Smith's in my queue and didn't know who was who.
At times players disappeared from my queue.....yeah, yeah I know some of them were drafted ....but some weren't. I lost connection a couple times... but that might have been problems at my end.
I agree, with what someone else mentioned, when the last player is drafted in a round you have to reopen that round to see which player got drafted.....that was annoying.

As someone mentioned....need a draft gird.

Many times when I hit draft player another 10-15 seconds ran off the clock before the player actually was shown as drafted.

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:31 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Round 2:
15. Darren McFadden
16. Frank Gore
17. Mike Wallace
18. Rashard Mendenhall
19. Matt Forte
20. Greg Jennings
21. Wes Welker
22. Miles Austin
23. Reggie Wayne
24. Peyton Hillis
25. Drew Brees
26. Philip Rivers
27. Ahmad Bradshaw
28. Tom Brady

Thoughts?
Can I PLEASE have the five drafters who took a quarterback in the first two rounds in my league in September?

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:43 am

Originally posted by Captain Hook:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Round 2:
15. Darren McFadden
16. Frank Gore
17. Mike Wallace
18. Rashard Mendenhall
19. Matt Forte
20. Greg Jennings
21. Wes Welker
22. Miles Austin
23. Reggie Wayne
24. Peyton Hillis
25. Drew Brees
26. Philip Rivers
27. Ahmad Bradshaw
28. Tom Brady

Thoughts?
Can I PLEASE have the five drafters who took a quarterback in the first two rounds in my league in September?
[/QUOTE]This is a DC, Perry. Totally different animal.