TradeStar28

New York In 2007: Need Feedback

Post by TradeStar28 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:08 am

I vote for having it at the Marriott in Uniondale on Long Island. Check it out
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

Nutty Scrat

Post by Nutty Scrat » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:48 am

Greg, as a first year participant in the NFBC and NFFC and being from Massachusetts New York City was a great place to hold each draft. Easy access and many hotels. Atlantic City is excellent but much more difficult to get to for some. I personally think if the events were move to Atlantic City the people from Massachusetts and north may rethink the participation in the events. I know I would. But that's just one man's humble opinion.
Ed

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:44 am

I hope we stay right at the HILTON, its home now , and easy to get in too , and out.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:16 pm

Originally posted by Dr. FI$HER:
Greg-

Most south floridians would not drive to Tampa for a draft imo. So they would rather fly to another city :confused: Wouldn't it make more sense to have it in central Florida, if indeed a Florida city was added, opposed to the southern part of the state? I would imagine Orlando would be the best, but figure the cost for a facility is highly expensive. Same goes with hotels and everything else there.

I guess I am a little biased, but Tampa seems quite logical. The hotels are relatively cheap and are conviently located 5-10 mins from the airport, as is downtown. Plenty of things to do here, both adult themed, as well as family. Orlando is an hour away for those wanting to go to Disney or Universal Studios. There's plenty of minor league baseball here and I think Tampa still has a major league team. :D

Ultimately I could care less, but find it amusing that you think people wouldn't drive 4-5 hours when they would be willing to spend just as much time flying to another city, paying for a flight, cabs/car rentals, lodging, and food. If the draft was held in Tampa, they could drive up and drive back the same day, if they chose to.

Florida cities were discussed on the NFBC MB's and not once was the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area mentioned. I know a lot of this had to do with spring training, but is it still "says something" that no one mentioned Southern Florida. I really think the turnout would be less if the draft was held in Miami, but what do I know!
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:17 am

Just an FYI on New York for 2007: The New York Hilton does have that same ballroom available for us and I think we will lock this down. We can fit 10 leagues in that room (140 teams) and they do have additional space on another level of the hotel. At the very least, we could expand beyond this ballroom. I'll let you know when we finalize this, but I'm leaning towards staying in Manhattan over Labor Day weekend 2007 if that works for you East Coast crazies! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

renman

Post by renman » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:21 am

Greg,

Just curious, what made you lean against the Meadowlands? For reasons I stated in an above post, I thought it was a good idea.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:25 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Just an FYI on New York for 2007: The New York Hilton does have that same ballroom available for us and I think we will lock this down. We can fit 10 leagues in that room (140 teams) and they do have additional space on another level of the hotel. At the very least, we could expand beyond this ballroom. I'll let you know when we finalize this, but I'm leaning towards staying in Manhattan over Labor Day weekend 2007 if that works for you East Coast crazies! :D Great news, Greg. Manhattan is the best place to have this event for many, many reasons.

Only 9 months away! Where's that updated countdown thread? :D

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:18 am

Originally posted by renman:
Greg,

Just curious, what made you lean against the Meadowlands? For reasons I stated in an above post, I thought it was a good idea. I prefer Manhattan if the price is right and the Hilton has been fabulous to work with. They are doing all they can to make this work for us this year and it's appreciated by me, who as some of you know is a pretty loyal guy! ;)
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:18 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Just an FYI on New York for 2007: The New York Hilton does have that same ballroom available for us and I think we will lock this down. We can fit 10 leagues in that room (140 teams) and they do have additional space on another level of the hotel. At the very least, we could expand beyond this ballroom. I'll let you know when we finalize this, but I'm leaning towards staying in Manhattan over Labor Day weekend 2007 if that works for you East Coast crazies! :D Great news, Greg. Manhattan is the best place to have this event for many, many reasons.

Only 9 months away! Where's that updated countdown thread? :D
[/QUOTE]The countdown thread starts right after the 2006 NFFC season ends. And once I have the 2007 draft format figured out!! :D

edcnp

Post by edcnp » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:57 am

I live in Tampa and have gone to NY last two years... I would love Tampa , but if not then NYC is the best option for me so I can add a visit to my family...let me know if you choose Tampa, I would be able get a few more people to enter.

Ed Killmer of the EdCouch New Potatoes