Draft Order For NFFC Magazine II League

slam

Post by slam » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:26 am

Interesting. Definitely hard to go against LT as #1 RB this year. My hat is off to those who rank him otherwise though. Difference makes this such a great game.

PS I hope you are in my league this year.

KDS preference 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1
Author, Fantasy Football Guidebook: Your Comprehensive Guide to Playing Fantasy Football and Fantasy Football Tips: 201 Ways to Win through Player Rankings, Cheat Sheets and Better Drafting (Available at www.fantasyfootballguidebook.com )

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:37 am

I should clarify my earlier position. I don't have to have #1 overall in a 3RR league. With 3RR, if I can get SJax and better value in the 2nd and 3rd round, then I'm good with that.

If SJax pops to #1 and supplants LT, which is my hunch, then I am even better off.

Actually, my preference this year is 1.05 in 3RR. For the value reasons stated above.

To each his own and I understand the thoughts with LT. But if he falters, then the value of 1.01 goes out the window in 3RR.

Just my $0.02
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Purple Helmets

Post by Purple Helmets » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:43 am

Greg, quick question...just wanted to make sure I understand the league format. I assume it's total points for the first fourteen weeks with the top four making the playoffs in weeks 15 and 16. Is that assumption correct or do we follow the head-to-head model of the main NFFC draft?
Living the dream!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:55 am

Originally posted by Purple Helmets:
Greg, quick question...just wanted to make sure I understand the league format. I assume it's total points for the first fourteen weeks with the top four making the playoffs in weeks 15 and 16. Is that assumption correct or do we follow the head-to-head model of the main NFFC draft? It's a good question and one Tom can address. Unfortunately, he's not here today. I honestly can't remember how we played those last year and I want to make sure we have the format that we used for the first magazine draft. I think it was just the NFFC main event, where we played for 13 weeks and then had six playoff teams. But I'll ask Tom to address that on Monday when he returns.

Sorry I don't know the playoff format for this, but it's tough for me to keep track of all these different leagues. Like a good manager, I've delegated that to Tom!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Geoffrey Stein

Post by Geoffrey Stein » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:09 am

This draft has been created and invites have been sent. Check those e-mail boxes.

mgk2004

Post by mgk2004 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:25 am

Okay ... I may be a little dense here, but I thought in the other thread it indicated that this would be a "Draft Champions" league (that is, 26 rounds with no playoffs). But in this thread the first post indicates that it is an 18 round draft (which I guess would mean it is a "regular" league with playoffs?). The Mock Draft Central site has it as an 18 round draft. I just want to confirm which it is before going through preparations this weekend!

Thanks ...

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:41 am

Originally posted by Captain Hook:
I want to hear the rationale from the two participants who did NOT want LT2 on their team! What bothers me Capt. is that there were only 2 not wanting pick #1; this is down from 3 in the 1st couple drafts held. A concerning trend, is it possible all will be enlightened by Sept.? ;)

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:47 am

Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
Actually, my preference this year is 1.05 in 3RR.
Just my $0.02 You put the right value on that opinion!!! :eek: (JK)

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:01 am

I'm more than happy to play in every one of your leagues. I'll give you the #1 in every one of them. If you promise to take LT in every one of them. We must use 3RR and KDS. All 12 or 14 team leagues.

My guess is that I'd fare just fine in these leagues.

I want to bookmark this thread or one like it where everyone makes their projections. It seems to me you have LT so far ahead of the field that all you have to do is get him and you win.

I'm curiuos what you project out his stats to be this year?

Also, is it remotely possible in your mind that he be very good and not great this year and finish #1 but by less of a margin that it is outweighed by 3RR?

Just curious?

And JK on everything ofcourse. ;) :D :eek:
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:02 am

Originally posted by RiFF:
quote:Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
Actually, my preference this year is 1.05 in 3RR.
Just my $0.02 You put the right value on that opinion!!! :eek: (JK)
[/QUOTE]price still a little too high