Super Bowl Thread

Shrink Attack

Super Bowl Thread

Post by Shrink Attack » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:35 am

Here is the early line for the Super Bowl:

Date & Time Favorite Line Underdog Total
2/5 6:30 ET New England -3 NY Giants 55

Seems about right to me at this early juncture. The Patriots have the better Offense, but the Giants are a much more balanced team with a solid Offense and Defense.

It'll probably come down to QB play. Brady looked very mortal in the AFC Championship Game. His accuracy and touch just weren't there. Eli can look elite one game and then look like a rookie the next.

This is gonna be a fun two weeks, followed by the inevitable depression that always comes with the realization that the season is over and a long off season awaits.

At least there's no looming specter of a holdout this year...
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Jersey Dawg

Super Bowl Thread

Post by Jersey Dawg » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:45 am

It should be a great game. The talk will center around the Pats and how they want to seek revenge for 2007 and for the Giants breaking their home winning streak earlier this season.

As a Giant fan, I say good things happen in 3's. Brady and the Pats take their 3rd consecutive loss at the hands of future HOF QB Eli Manning.

Giants 31 Pats 23

Keep an eye on Gronk's ankle. I think it might actually be broken.

TR

Super Bowl Thread

Post by TR » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:32 am

I figured pats would be favored by more..how much will the line move...

Ted's Cracked Head

Super Bowl Thread

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:23 am

Take the Giants and the money line. I agree that the Giants are the most balanced team, coupled with how well the Eli Quartet is playing make them a tough matchup for the Pats D.

Giants could be double digit victors.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Ry's Guys

Super Bowl Thread

Post by Ry's Guys » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:41 am

Brady/Belechik have been to the Super Bowl four previous times. Each time the game was decided by a field goal. Some low scoring, intermediate scoring and a high scoring game but all by a field goal. That's a trend my friends! I say Pat's win 27-24 in OT!
Pat Sorge

thegambler

Super Bowl Thread

Post by thegambler » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:49 am

giants def is playing very well but brady is just too good. i like the pats big.....sucks since i am a eli fan.

pats will shut down an already crappy giants running game and as good as eli is playing he won't be enough to keep up with brady.

pats 34
nyg 23

Diesel

Super Bowl Thread

Post by Diesel » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:38 am

Giants win 34-20...Brady flips out during the post game show and says, "I can't do it all!", and demands a running game next year or he will retire...Madonna does something outrageous at halftime to show that Lady Gaga is a cheap imitation of her...After winning the Superbowl, Victor Cruz goes on to win Dancing with the Stars, and finally, TMZ shows a photo of Peyton Manning wearing a Dolphins polo shirt at his brother Eli's after-party in NYC.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Jersey Dawg

Super Bowl Thread

Post by Jersey Dawg » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:06 am

My wife saw a news broadcast today about a zoo animal (she might have said it was a camel) that has been predicting NFL winners this year. He has been offered a cracker in each hand. Under each cracker is one of two teams playing each other that week, On 14 of the past 20 NFL weeks the camel(?) has eaten the cracker from the hand of the winning team. Based on the cracker he ate for the Super Bowl prediction, the Giants have a great chance to win.

Hey, you never know...

TamuScarecrow

Super Bowl Thread

Post by TamuScarecrow » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:47 am

Have to take the Patriots as I can't take a team my Saints beat by 25 7-8 weeks ago. Come to think of it, the last time we played the Patriots we beat them by 21. Just goes to show the best team doesn't always go to the Super Bowl. Should be a pretty sorry game that I won't watch.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

thegambler

Super Bowl Thread

Post by thegambler » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:03 am

Originally posted by Tamuscarecrow:
Have to take the Patriots as I can't take a team my Saints beat by 25 7-8 weeks ago. Come to think of it, the last time we played the Patriots we beat them by 21. Just goes to show the best team doesn't always go to the Super Bowl. Should be a pretty sorry game that I won't watch. sorry bud but the saints are definitely not the best team....i have another guy telling me everyday how if the eagles made the playoffs they would have won it all. well guess what, they weren't good enough to even make the playoffs.

i think it will be a very good superbowl and a lot of fun to watch. my team didn't make it either but i will have a good time watching the game with family and friends