Who Wants To Be In An Auction?

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:53 pm

Ahman Green was the steal of the draft.

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:57 pm

ahman green is a real health risk and over 30.. if healthy he's a 50 dollar back, just a tough call w/ him, i'd like to see him in pre-season before making judgment on him.
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:58 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
One thing that I found interesting was how there were really no bargains at WR but there were great bargains at QB and RB - especially at QB. Wide receivers seemed to go for a higher price in my opinion while there were a lot of great values to be found at QB and RB. Tom, I noticed a few teams went WR/WR in the drafts last year, and not only did they fair well, but they won some cash. I don't suggest this method, but it has worked for some teams. This trickles down in to the auction values. I think it won't be uncommon to see top WR's going for $39-$40 this year. [/QUOTE]Do the Zwickel brothers post on the boards? As I recall, they went with a HEAVY emphasis on WRs in every league they were in last year (at least for the Main Event stuff, not sure about satellites) and they won a lot of prize money. I recall quite a few folks were surprised they went with that strategy but it definitely paid off.

I see your point about WRs Marc. But I did find it interesting that of the three primary positions that was the only one where there weren't any real values. Like I said, I sat back and waited because I anticipated some good WRs going for some cheaper prices. But that never happened. That may have been a mistake on my part.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:10 am

Originally posted by weber:
and Route C, you are absolutely right, looking back i should have chosen one of these 3 guys in the 30's for RB's

Caddy Williams
Cedric Benson
Thomas Jones.

i land one of those guys i 'd be best team, i should have used that extra money, i used it later on when there were no backs left to grab coles.. that was the only error i made i believe. Qbs.. tough to draft them now with the Vick thing Going on. i never spend more then 5 or 7 bucks on a QB.. although this year maybe i'lldraft manning or palmer to change it up..lol NOT>>> see you have something on me NY, i don't care, thats no secret..lol. I agree. I definately am envious of your WR's. My plan was to have a similar group but I got caught with my hands in the cookie jar. To your credit you didn't allow me to bully you into spending more on A.Green. This one move hurt both our teams simultaneously.

I should've let it go. With $35 on Edge and $20 on Deuce I already had 2 servicable RB's and should've beefed up 2 more WR positions. OH well...it was fun and I enjoyed drafting with you.

I expect you'll have good success in 2007 FF. Good luck and it was nice meeting you.

da bears

Post by da bears » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:26 am

Yeah I really enjoyed the auction the other night. That was my first auction draft ever and because of the good experience I signed up for Billy's DC/auction league. I'm thinking about joining an auction league along with the main event. Look forward to seeing the results in the magizine.
Bauler Shot Caller

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:31 am

Originally posted by da bears:
Yeah I really enjoyed the auction the other night. That was my first auction draft ever and because of the good experience I signed up for Billy's DC/auction league. I'm thinking about joining an auction league along with the main event. Look forward to seeing the results in the magizine. Hey Matt, the auctions are definitely a lot of fun - as long as you don't get into a bidding war with someone over Ladell Betts. :D
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich