Scoring question regarding the "Wildcat" formation.

bobsgym13

Post by bobsgym13 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:35 am

Originally posted by Moonlight Graham:
quote:Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:
Only if Brown attempts a pass.
Designed running plays even by a qb are recorded as tackles, not sacks. So the only way he can be "sacked" is if he is tackled in the process of making the throwing motion? Of maybe if he fakes the pass and then runs and is tackled for a loss?

This is just another reason I hate the wildcat! ;)
[/QUOTE]ANY play deemed a designed run by the player receiving the snap resulting in negative yardage is never ruled a sack regardless of the players official position.

This has always been the case. The most common example is the QB sneak.

This is one of the few areas of football stats where the statisticians must sometimes make a judgement call. If a QB rolls out it is sometimes hard to tell if it purely a designed run with decoys or a run with the option to throw.

Bob
Luck in FF is like a game of Russian Roulette. The BWaz's of the world only have one bullet to spin - the rest of us have two. It's still mostly luck, but ...
-By Bob (For Gekko)

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:56 am

Originally posted by flex:
quote:Originally posted by Raiders:
"On Play means, Nothing" he's a RB on Stats. Don't make it too hard. Or don't over think it. [/QUOTE]With regards to scoring for the defense he is a qb. If he tucks the ball and runs it's a tackle for a loss, if he attempts to pass and gets tackled it's a sack. [/QB][/quote]

Go thru the Miami Box scores and report back. That would be the best way.

flex

Post by flex » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:27 pm

Originally posted by Raiders:

Go thru the Miami Box scores and report back. That would be the best way. [/QB]Not unless brown was tackled for a loss when trying to pass. Of the miami games I've seen since they've been running the wildcat I've never seen that occurrence therefore he's never been sacked in the boxscores.

I remember back in 2002 michael strahan was awarded a sack 3-4 days after a game because STATS decided that Michael Wiley(former dallas rb) was attempting to pass on a toss play.

[ October 30, 2009, 06:29 PM: Message edited by: flex ]