Looking for honest feedback on my teams...

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:12 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
...well done here Comrade Cheat...it certainly looks good enough for 2ND Place in both of your leagues!...hehehe...SNAKE I'll take that! ;)
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

slack90

Post by slack90 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:05 am

I really like the 14 team alot. Burress and Jennings are a little weaker in PPR than in standard vs other top WR but still a VERY good team.

danimal10

Post by danimal10 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:14 am

Any body else concerned with the absolute monster of a schedule that Cleveland has this year, that there could be a big drop off from a guy like Anderson, which would then translate down to worse than expected performances from Winslow/Braylon, etc?

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:14 am

Originally posted by danimal10:
Any body else concerned with the absolute monster of a schedule that Cleveland has this year, that there could be a big drop off from a guy like Anderson, which would then translate down to worse than expected performances from Winslow/Braylon, etc? Tough schedule doesn't necessarily translate to poor passing #s.

Not that Anderson is close to Manning, but Peyton and the Colts have been playing tough schedules for years now.

renman

Post by renman » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:32 am

Originally posted by UltimateFFCheatsheets:
I'd like to see what everyone thinks. Please be honest in your assessment.

Thanks,

Russ

14 team NFFC Classic roster Pick 1.08:

QB- Derek Anderson/ Schaub

RB- MB III/ MJD/ Fragile Freddy/ Norwood/ A. Bradshaw

WR- Burress/ Jennings/ Roddy White/ Hank Baskett/ Kevin Curtis/ S. Smtih (NYG)/ Andre Davis

TE- Heap/ Marcedes Lewis

K- Scobee

Def- Bills

12 team NFFC/NBC Primetime roster Pick 1.04:

QB- Cutler/ Derek Anderson

RB- SJax/ J. Lewis/ Maroney/ Ricky Williams/ Pierre Thomas/ Tatum Bell

WR- Braylon/ Boldin/ Burleson/ D. Branch/ Engram/ K. Curtis/ Rashied Davis/ Andre Davis

TE- Vernon Davis/ Olsen

K- Vinatieri

Def- Steelers

TIA I am not too too high on the 14 teamer but like the 12 teamer.

I am down on Anderson for a number of reasons (though I really like Schaub). I am also personally down on MB3. The guy runs with a ferocity that is unusual and he does not make many people miss. He takes a lot of hits and I worry about his production and health this year. Factor in a 1st round pick in Felix Jones who has been incredible in camp and the pre season. So he definately will get balls. The WR's are solid but not off the charts incredible. This is not a bad team by any means. It just counts on a few players I am down on this year.

The 12 teamer in my eyes is strong. Cutler is one of the 4 QBs I like after the big 4. Sjax is my favorite player in the entire 1st round (after LT) and you have two more strong upside RB's behind him. The 4 B's in braylon, burleson, boldin and branch are going to give you production at WR. Add to that great tight ends (love Olsen now with Orton at QB). You can also throw in a Steeler defense that just got more athletic at LB that plays 2 games against the Ravens offense (flacco) and 2 games against a young Brown QB (anderson or quinn) and you can see good results. Can you tell I think the Browns are going to implode this year?

I think this 12 teamer is strong.

[ September 04, 2008, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: renman ]

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:05 pm

Originally posted by renman:
quote:Originally posted by UltimateFFCheatsheets:
I'd like to see what everyone thinks. Please be honest in your assessment.

Thanks,

Russ

14 team NFFC Classic roster Pick 1.08:

QB- Derek Anderson/ Schaub

RB- MB III/ MJD/ Fragile Freddy/ Norwood/ A. Bradshaw

WR- Burress / Jennings/ Roddy White/ Hank Baskett/ Kevin Curtis/ S. Smtih (NYG)/ Andre Davis

TE- Heap/ Marcedes Lewis

K- Scobee

Def- Bills

12 team NFFC/NBC Primetime roster Pick 1.04:

QB- Cutler/ Derek Anderson

RB- SJax/ J. Lewis/ Maroney/ Ricky Williams/ Pierre Thomas/ Tatum Bell

WR- Braylon/ Boldin/ Burleson/ D. Branch/ Engram/ K. Curtis/ Rashied Davis/ Andre Davis

TE- Vernon Davis/ Olsen

K- Vinatieri

Def- Steelers

TIA
I am not too too high on the 14 teamer but like the 12 teamer.

I am down on Anderson for a number of reasons (though I really like Schaub). I am also personally down on MB3. The guy runs with a ferocity that is unusual and he does not make many people miss. He takes a lot of hits and I worry about his production and health this year. Factor in a 1st round pick in Felix Jones who has been incredible in camp and the pre season. So he definately will get balls. The WR's are solid but not off the charts incredible. This is not a bad team by any means. It just counts on a few players I am down on this year.

The 12 teamer in my eyes is strong. Cutler is one of the 4 QBs I like after the big 4. Sjax is my favorite player in the entire 1st round (after LT) and you have two more strong upside RB's behind him. The 4 B's in braylon, burleson, boldin and branch are going to give you production at WR. Add to that great tight ends (love Olsen now with Orton at QB). You can also throw in a Steeler defense that just got more athletic at LB that plays 2 games against the Ravens offense (flacco) and 2 games against a young Brown QB (anderson or quinn) and you can see good results. Can you tell I think the Browns are going to implode this year?

I think this 12 teamer is strong.
[/QUOTE]Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback. I like the 14-teamer a little more after Burress went off. :D

Hard heads

Post by Hard heads » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:02 pm

I am really wishing we had taken Burress at 3.2 instead of Ryan Grant right about now. Your welcome BWaz for letting him fall.

danimal10

Post by danimal10 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:00 am

Agree that tough sched can sometimes lead to good passing numbers, that said, but it's not like Anderson has a long track record (ie: Manning/Colts) and it seemed as though either the book was out on him or he doesn't handle pressure well at the end of last year.....not trying to be critical of your picks, just offering commentary - food for thought...in my own opinion I really believe the Browns will struggle this year and have stayed away from their players in all of my drafts, FWLIW, was simply curious if anybody else had done/thought the same...D