Tom & Greg Live Chat Today At 3 p.m. ET

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:26 am

Tom and I have meetings in St. Louis the next three days at the Fanball offices. What should we tell them from you folks?

a) more drink tickets on Draft Day??
b) scantily-clad facilitators of the female persuasion??
c) raises for Greg and Tom and a refrigerator always stocked with Corona's
d) basketball and hockey contests with live events??
e) all of the above
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

renman

Post by renman » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:30 am

Tom/greg,

-Did you hear the latest buzz about Favre today? Think there is any truth to it? Are you guys tires of the Favre soap too?

-Do you watch and enjoy Hard Knocks on HBO? I saw enough on that to avoid Ocho Cinco last night.

-I know Tom is high on Sammy Morris. Do you expect him to generate the best numbers from the Pats backfield?

-Do you expect TJ housh to be a reception machine in Seattle the way we was in Cinn?

-I see a drop down menu about NFFC players and a half of fame. Any time frame for that?

-Have any other larger fantasy contests embraced the idea of KDS for draft postions? I think that is one of the best things the NFFC does to stand out in the market.

da bears

Post by da bears » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:31 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Tom and I have meetings in St. Louis the next three days at the Fanball offices. What should we tell them from you folks?

a) more drink tickets on Draft Day??
b) scantily-clad facilitators of the female persuasion??
c) raises for Greg and Tom and a refrigerator always stocked with Corona's
d) basketball and hockey contests with live events??
e) all of the above Definitely a,b and c.

[ August 17, 2009, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: da bears ]
Bauler Shot Caller

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:34 am

Originally posted by Renman:
-Have any other larger fantasy contests embraced the idea of KDS for draft postions? I think that is one of the best things the NFFC does to stand out in the market. No because most of the other contests want to get their draft spots out early to participants. Once you have that as part of your history, I think it's tough to ever embrace KDS because you need to wait until each league is formed before actually assigning KDS. And if you do that too early, you may end up with a worse draft pick than you had wanted closer to Draft Day.

Again, the combination of KDS and 3RR is what I like so much. Without 3RR, KDS picks aren't as varied as they are now.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:36 am

-I see a drop down menu about NFFC players and a half of fame. Any time frame for that?In baseball, you need to play at least 10 years to make the Hall of Fame. I think we need to have 10 years of NFFC history before picking a Hall of Fame. Maybe I'll change my mind in the next few years, but I think that makes sense. Let's see how many great owners can sustain their success in our different formats for an extended period of time. The fact that nobody has won more than two league titles in five years says that we need more data before nominating anyone soon.

renman

Post by renman » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:38 am

Greg,

I agree and hate the idea of a fantasy league without KDS now.

I wonder if any leagues have had problems with people signing up for leagues... getting a draft position they did not like, and then trying to get out of the league.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:39 am

Tom/greg,

-Did you hear the latest buzz about Favre today? Think there is any truth to it? Are you guys tires of the Favre soap too?

-Do you watch and enjoy Hard Knocks on HBO? I saw enough on that to avoid Ocho Cinco last night.

-I know Tom is high on Sammy Morris. Do you expect him to generate the best numbers from the Pats backfield?

-Do you expect TJ housh to be a reception machine in Seattle the way we was in Cinn?

-I see a drop down menu about NFFC players and a half of fame. Any time frame for that?

-Have any other larger fantasy contests embraced the idea of KDS for draft postions? I think that is one of the best things the NFFC does to stand out in the market. 1. Tired of the Favre drama. Hopefully he stays retired.

2. I haven't seen it this year. Just can't get fired up to watch something about the Bengals.

3. I think Morris and Faulk are the guys to target in the NE backfield.

4. Yup. I think Housh is going to get fed a lot as long as Hasslebeck stays healthy.

5. Not sure. We have a lot we have to work on now that we've switched companies.

6. Not that I'm aware of. We seem to be the only one who uses KDS - and that's just fine with us. :D
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

mgk2004

Post by mgk2004 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:42 am

I apologize for asking this (as I could probably look it up), but might there be a FAAB period before Week #1 of the NFL season for those satellite leagues that drafted early and might need to tweak their rosters before the season starts?

Thanks!

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:56 am

The first FAAB deadline for the satellite leagues will be the Friday before Week 1.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

TURBOUGH

Post by TURBOUGH » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:00 am

What are your thoughts on Joseph Addai? I've taken him in multiple leagues in the 5th rounds.