WCOFF bankruptcy

bald is beautiful

WCOFF bankruptcy

Post by bald is beautiful » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:56 am

[ December 09, 2011, 12:03 PM: Message edited by: Bald is Beautiful ]

bald is beautiful

WCOFF bankruptcy

Post by bald is beautiful » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:00 am

If Pinto failed to meet obligations owed to Gridiron, and causes of action exist by Gridiron against Pinto for significant sums, then you should alert the US Trustee assigned to the BK case. The Trustee has obligations to collect assets for the BK estate, so the possibility exists that the Trustee will pursue Pinto.

Also, Chad, you should strongly consider making sure your lawyer attends the Creditors Meeting on 1/3. If the Trustee does not, but he should, I would absolutely explore the facts of what Pinto did at that meeting.

King of Queens

WCOFF bankruptcy

Post by King of Queens » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:01 am

Very interesting take on the online poker. It's an angle I considered, but didn't realize how much their business likely depended on it.

fflmaster

WCOFF bankruptcy

Post by fflmaster » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:19 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by felixflamingo:
You know it isn't representative of the entire industry. We (kinda) know it isn't. But with 5-6 major contests pulling this crap in 6 years and how many left? 3-4 reputable ones? FFPC, NFFC, the new CDM maybe?
It's possible the media won't see it that way. That's definitely a concern. Hopefully, those not owed money who were interviewed by ESPN stressed exactly what Greg posted - that this is not an example of an industry gone bad, but rather an example of poor business dooming a great entity.
[/QUOTE]Tom and Greg, my guess is that since you haven't mentioned anything about being interviewed that you were not.

This story is GOING to paint a very bad picture on fantasty sports and most importantly an even WORSE picture on hsff.

ESPN isn't going to just simply put on a show about one or a few default leagues. They are going to trash the entire prospect of hsff.

They are most likely going to show how big fantasy sports is and that even ESPN has a show and a web site for fantasy football. However, they are going to blast the hsff and I don't think the FFPC or the NFFC will be mentioned in any kind of good light.

This show is just going to be bad news.
its nice to be the master

Tom Kessenich

WCOFF bankruptcy

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:24 am

Originally posted by fflmaster:
I don't think the FFPC or the NFFC will be mentioned in any kind of good light. I'm not expecting either of our events to be mentioned (perhaps in passing). Should they be mentioned, there certainly is no reason to believe the context would be negative. There are no negative lights that I can conceive of that can be cast upon our event or FFPC.

[ December 09, 2011, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

thegambler

WCOFF bankruptcy

Post by thegambler » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:32 am

quote:Originally posted by fflmaster:
I don't think the FFPC or the NFFC will be mentioned in any kind of good light. I'm not expecting either of our events to be mentioned (perhaps in passing). Should they be mentioned, there certainly is no reason to believe the context would be negative. There are no negative lights that I can conceive of that can be cast upon our event or FFPC. [/QUOTE]you don't think they are going to mentioned the two biggest HSFF events after the biggest one went under? i definitely think they will....

i don't see how this will be good for the nffc or the ffpc. guess we will all see

Tom Kessenich

WCOFF bankruptcy

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:40 am

Originally posted by thegambler:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
I don't think the FFPC or the NFFC will be mentioned in any kind of good light. I'm not expecting either of our events to be mentioned (perhaps in passing). Should they be mentioned, there certainly is no reason to believe the context would be negative. There are no negative lights that I can conceive of that can be cast upon our event or FFPC. [/QUOTE]you don't think they are going to mentioned the two biggest HSFF events after the biggest one went under? i definitely think they will....
[/QUOTE]I think it's possible but honestly I'm not expecting it. But if they do, what negative things do you believe they can say about our event or FFPC? There's nothing negative about either event that I can see being used in a way to lump us in with what transpired with WCOFF. I'd say both of our events have proven to be 180 degrees removed from how WCOFF operated. Should that be mentioned, it absolutely would be something positive.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

thegambler

WCOFF bankruptcy

Post by thegambler » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:46 am

quote:Originally posted by thegambler:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
[/QUOTE]I think it's possible but honestly I'm not expecting it. But if they do, what negative things do you believe they can say about our event or FFPC? There's nothing negative about either event that I can see being used in a way to lump us in with what transpired with WCOFF. I'd say both of our events have proven to be 180 degrees removed from how WCOFF operated. Should that be mentioned, it absolutely would be something positive.
[/QUOTE]i didn't say that if you and the ffpc are mentioned it would be negative....i just said that you will be montioned

Team Legacy

WCOFF bankruptcy

Post by Team Legacy » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:47 am

Originally posted by Cocktails and Dreams:

The one positive is that people that watch will know they need to be careful. I think this can be looked at however you want. Is it good for the NFFC and FFPC? No, certainly not. Is it good that people are aware so they don't get screwed like me and so many others have? Probably so. So I do see that as a positive. As for goverment intervention and possible changing of laws. Quite frankly, who could argue that should happen with so many people getting money stolen.? Obviously I don't want that to happen, but I certainly couldn't argue them doing that with all that has taken place over the years.
This is a lightbulb post for me Chad. At the end of the day, sure we want good things to happen for these contests and the industry, but I think most here and myself included, have a first priority to the players, their families and their pocketbooks. We need to keep that the center of attention. Players were burned and ESPN and the rest of the world have the right to know. Hiding it isn't doing us any good. We didn't hide it when WCOFF started stalling and good we didn't. Had we done nothing, and people googled WCOFF to learn more, how many more players would have been burned only to find out later the boards were blocked and this mess was going on.

I believe with the options we have, we're all in good hands, great hands... even if the contests never grew any bigger. I can't play all the leagues I want to play as it is and that's with just two options!

Heck, I hear complaints about it being a "lottery" at the end as it is, so honestly, where we're at with HSFF is a great place to be.

Now, if you still feel hungry for even more and more contest options, then sure, maybe new customers won't enter the space, because of WCOFF and fears of other Ponzi schemes being devised right now, but I don't think we're going to go backwards after this great season from the contests this year, I think we're only moving forward.

[ December 09, 2011, 01:48 PM: Message edited by: Scott Atkins ]
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

wiljiro2

WCOFF bankruptcy

Post by wiljiro2 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:06 am

I'll use myself as an example

My older brother is on the "List" - he's not owed a ton, but he is owed enough to be "Rankled"

The moment we found out Wcoff had gone down, we immediately started research to find a replacement - a few inquires, message board searches, and conversations with the owners later, we found our new home here -

As long as the government keeps this legal, HSFF is not going anywhere - too much demand -

I look forward to the day we are competing for a million dollar grand prize -

W
The Magic Man...> Now you see 'em, Now you don't! - "Ohhhhhhh, it's a PROFIT deal!"