WCOFF bankruptcy

DoubleG

WCOFF bankruptcy

Post by DoubleG » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:09 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Another lawsuit according to KSDK Channel 5 in St. Louis. It seems like the heat is being turned up on this case and at the very least for players it's not just going away. We'll try to stay on top of all these lawsuits as best we can:

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/290796 ... umer-fraud The lawsuit also alleged that the defendants used some of the entrance fee money for non-contest purposes, such as paying off loans.

Koster is seeking preliminary and permanent injunctions prohibiting further violations of the law, as well as a civil penalty and an amount equal to 10 percent of total restitution ordered. Koster is also asking that the court require the defendants to provide full restitution to victims and pay all court costs.

KenGill

WCOFF bankruptcy

Post by KenGill » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:44 pm

Looks like this one is going to turn out differently than the AFFL or Fantasy Jungle. The heat is being turned up from every angle on these jerks!
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne

fflmaster

WCOFF bankruptcy

Post by fflmaster » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:53 am

Originally posted by Cocktails and Dreams:
quote:Originally posted by fflmaster:
I didn't see Outside the lines today, but if they didn't have time to do a story on ryan braun then I wouldn't be surprised to see the HSFF story pushed back or cancelled altogether. Why would they cancel it altogether? That makes even less sense than some of your other takes, like them saying all high stakes fantasy sports is bad and that the ffpc and NFFC would be mentioned in a negative light. And those things made hardly and sense. [/QUOTE]I am not saying IT WILL BE CANCELLED.

I was just saying that it could be pushed back or cancelled IF other stories like Ryan Braun PED and somthing else comes in that is more selling.

I will be glued like everyone else and then we can talk more about what the story is/was and how ESPN did.

Of course it make absolutely no sense at all for ESPN to have a story like Ryan Braun or something else bump the WCOFF story.

I forgot the world cares more about the WCOFF and that story is WAY MORE IMPORTANT.
its nice to be the master

fflmaster

WCOFF bankruptcy

Post by fflmaster » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:59 am

I spoke with Ian today and he said he did mention the FFPC and the NFFC on his interviews. Both mentioned more than once specifically by name, and both mentioned as being very stable and solid with a history of paying every penny. Again we don't know how ESPN will edit it, but the potential does exist at least to have the names mentioned in a positive manner. He said he left the negative stuff(AFFL, Jungle etc) on the shelf, aside from the WCOFF obviously. So hopefully there is a a little positive light flickered on the subject and this becomes about what a bunch of slimy crooks the WCOFF people are in an industry that other companies are doing well in. That would be the best case scenario, as people would be warned that they need to do their diligence, yet know that there are respectable options. I hope the editing people leave in the good comments about the NFFC and FFPC.

HSFF is going to get bashed enough because of the criminal actions of the WCOFF. It would be good if they mention the other companies in a good light.

My worry is that they will edit anything good out and make the piece about how bad the whole industry of HSFF is. This would cause the average player (not already in the HSFF market) to think poorly of entering next year.

This sunday can't get here quick enough.

[ December 13, 2011, 12:01 PM: Message edited by: fflmaster ]
its nice to be the master

Tom Kessenich

WCOFF bankruptcy

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:05 am

Originally posted by fflmaster:

My worry is that they will edit anything good out and make the piece about how bad the whole industry of HSFF is.
Again, though, this would be a factually inaccurate story that could be easily disproven. I can't think of a reason why ESPN would want to air a story that people within their own company know is false. As I said earlier, two of their top fantasy people (Matthew Berry and Nate Ravitz) have played high-stakes games with us. Ravitz has played NFBC for years and is an NFFC event this year. Both of them know WCOFF isn't representative of the entire high-stakes arena. It makes no sense that ESPN would knowingly air a story that could be easily contradicted by its own employees.

Again, I think there is very little reason to believe our event or FFPC or the entire high-stakes arena will be trashed in this piece. My guess is the story will focus on how WCOFF was the king of this space for years, had a great event and then turned around and screwed a lot of good people out of a lot of money.

[ December 13, 2011, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Cocktails and Dreams

WCOFF bankruptcy

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:39 am

Originally posted by fflmaster:
quote:Originally posted by Cocktails and Dreams:
I didn't see Outside the lines today, but if they didn't have time to do a story on ryan braun then I wouldn't be surprised to see the HSFF story pushed back or cancelled altogether. Why would they cancel it altogether? That makes even less sense than some of your other takes, like them saying all high stakes fantasy sports is bad and that the ffpc and NFFC would be mentioned in a negative light. And those things made hardly and sense. [/QUOTE]I am not saying IT WILL BE CANCELLED.

I was just saying that it could be pushed back or cancelled IF other stories like Ryan Braun PED and somthing else comes in that is more selling.

I will be glued like everyone else and then we can talk more about what the story is/was and how ESPN did.

Of course it make absolutely no sense at all for ESPN to have a story like Ryan Braun or something else bump the WCOFF story.

I forgot the world cares more about the WCOFF and that story is WAY MORE IMPORTANT.
[/QUOTE]You can continue to make rather foolish posts if you like. I don't care. What I do care about though is when your stupid posts involve spinning my words and making assumptions about what I think is more or less important. That won't work and will not sit well so don't ever do that again please.

As for your ignorant post, you said you wouldn't be surprised if it was cancelled altogether. I said you are wrong to feel that way and you are. Simple as that. Only way it will be cancelled altogether is if WCOFF pays people before it airs, not because of Ryan Braun like you are insinuating. Sure, it is possible Braun or if another creepy coach gets exposed the story could be pushed back. Any story can always be pushed back. You were talking like there is a good chance of it getting cancelled and were and still are very much incorrect about that.

thegambler

WCOFF bankruptcy

Post by thegambler » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:41 am

[/QUOTE]You can continue to make rather foolish posts if you like. I don't care. What I do care about though is when your stupid posts involve spinning my words and making assumptions about what I think is more or less important. That won't work and will not sit well so don't ever do that again please.

As for your ignorant post, you said you wouldn't be surprised if it was cancelled altogether. I said you are wrong to feel that way and you are. Simple as that. Only way it will be cancelled altogether is if WCOFF pays people before it airs, not because of Ryan Braun like you are insinuating. Sure, it is possible Braun or if another creepy coach gets exposed the story could be pushed back. Any story can always be pushed back. You were talking like there is a good chance of it getting cancelled and were and still are very much incorrect about that.
[/QUOTE]its funny how you didn't post how he said "it might be pushed back" instead you dcecided to only post about it being cancelled altogether....funny how you warn/threaten him about "What I do care about though is when your stupid posts involve spinning my words and making assumptions about what I think is more or less important. That won't work and will not sit well so don't ever do that again please. " but it is ok if you leave out a rather important part of his post. so who is spinning who's words.

we will all find out what happens sunday...everything right now is people's opinions and speculation nothing else. unless you have a copy of the espn report then you and everyone else is just guessing....hoping that it turns out good for HSFF.

lets all take a step back and see what happens sunday

thegambler

WCOFF bankruptcy

Post by thegambler » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:21 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
Interesting post. I was made out to be the bad guy. Time always makes it All Good! [/QB]john, i am not trying to make anyone out to be the bad guy or even right or wrong.

lets just see what happens sunday. hopefully it is all good things or maybe no mention at all for the other HSFF sites.

Tom Kessenich

WCOFF bankruptcy

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:25 am

None of the players should be viewed as bad guys. The antagonists in this story should be clearly identified.

Once again, it serves no purpose for anyone to come here and talk about how smart they were, how right they were etc. The damage has been done. The only thing left now is retribution for those who have been wronged. We'll see if the ESPN story provides an impetus for that to be done.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

The Franchise

WCOFF bankruptcy

Post by The Franchise » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:57 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
quote:Originally posted by thegambler:

[/QUOTE]its funny how you didn't post how he said "it might be pushed back" instead you dcecided to only post about it being cancelled altogether....funny how you warn/threaten him about "What I do care about though is when your stupid posts involve spinning my words and making assumptions about what I think is more or less important. That won't work and will not sit well so don't ever do that again please. " but it is ok if you leave out a rather important part of his post. so who is spinning who's words.

we will all find out what happens sunday...everything right now is people's opinions and speculation nothing else. unless you have a copy of the espn report then you and everyone else is just guessing....hoping that it turns out good for HSFF.

lets all take a step back and see what happens sunday
[/QUOTE]Interesting post. I was made out to be the bad guy. Time always makes it All Good!
[/QUOTE]Please STFU about how smart you were. Anyone owed money doesn't want to hear about how you were smart enough not to play their contest. The only reason you didn't play was because you didn't have money to play.

Great job, you are smarter than the hundreds that are owed thousands of dollars and even smarter than Lakeside who lent them money and now needs to try to get it back. Funny thing is your like the pot calling the kettle black when condemning WCOFF for their shady business practices when your no better.
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.