TOO MUCH LOVE for Jermichael Finley

Old School

Post by Old School » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:51 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Old School:
it's funny , people claiming to discover him this year as the "breakout" candidate in mags etc. Seems to me he "brokeout" last year He almost broke his leg against Cleveland. That was a vicious, vicious hit to the knee, which cost him four games. But he really looked good when he came back and Rodgers really started targeting him down the stretch and in the playoff game. Now when you watch those two together, you can see the connection really taking place. I think Rodgers has all the trust in the world in Finley catching whatever comes his way. That wasn't there a year ago at this time, that's for sure. Heck, Donald Lee was still the starting TE a year ago. [/QUOTE]Well, I know i won't get him in the 25th round of
the drafts like i did last year in the sat's and some DE lives. Gotta pay a steep price or find the next Finley

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:39 am

If he starts 16 games he will be the top scoring fantasy tight end this season.

twiggy92

Post by twiggy92 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:04 am

... because he's not proven.

David U. Kennedy

Post by David U. Kennedy » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:50 am

The guy who started this post also said stay away from the cowgirl skill players. Both make little to no sense. Gates is only TE who mite post better numbers. Snake you make sense to those who dont read between the lines. Save us your breath and start some well thought and valid points. Dont try to sway others with false ideas.

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:33 am

Originally posted by Old School:
it's funny , people claiming to discover him this year as the "breakout" candidate in mags etc. Seems to me he "brokeout" last year Exactly.

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:07 pm

Originally posted by GK:
...you see, as a self-admitted contrarian, it's CONSTANT & UNANIMOUS blurbs like these that simply scream a "buyer beware" tag on a player as sure as flies will be racing towards rotting rice...simply imho...GK

Jermichael Finley-TE- Packers Aug. 20 - 9:34 am et

Packers offensive coordinator Joe Philbin confirmed that Jermichael Finley will be used in the slot this season.

Donald Driver has been the Packers' primary slot receiver for awhile now, but Philbin is going to spread the work around this year. Getting Finley in the slot is a matchup nightmare for opposing secondaries and it's also one of Aaron Rodgers' favorite spots to throw to. The upside with Finley is limitless this year.

Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel It works both ways but I hear you on this...

I think it was 2 yrs ago, J Santana was traded to from the Twins to the Mets who were stacked with hitters and therefore run support. Johan was a first rd pick that year and the debate was could he win 25 games... maybe even 30?! Everything screamed the sky was the limit for Johan that year. Never happened.