Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:50 am

I'm game if you guys are.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Gordon Gekko

Anybody Wanna Chat Today?

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:24 am

tom - my wife suggested we watch titanic tonight...in memory of my season. what movie should i be watching...hoosiers?
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:29 am

Hoosiers has the more compelling story. Titantic has Kate Winslett. :D Are there any benefits involved with making your wife happy? That could be the factor that would sway me.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:52 am

Tom
Could an NFL team have a worse season with injuries than the Pack this year!

So where do you see the franchise heading. Word on the street is Green has played his last game there. Will they do anything to lure Favre back for another season or are we witnessing a new era in Green Bay?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:06 am

I think when I watch the 49ers play I'm seeing the Packers without Brett Favre. That's the reality most of us have understood for some time -- when Favre retires (almost certainly after this season) the team is going to be in big trouble. That's what makes it such a disappointment that Sherman bungled the final years of Favre's career so badly with his bad drafts and poor personnel decisions.

I don't think Green will be back. The Packers would be smart to draft a RB on the first day of next year's draft and load up on defense and the offensive line to protect Aaron Rodgers as much as possible. If Rodgers can develop under the new head coach (and there will be a new head coach) the Packers could return to the playoffs in a few years.

But it's not going to be a lot of fun in Packerland for awhile.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

lumpy463

Post by lumpy463 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:24 am

Hey Tom,

How long will Ferguson be out?
Derek "Lumpy" Anderson

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:25 am

Any chance that Favre will decide to leave Wisconsin for "Greener" pastures in the NFL?

Could he possible go to another team that might be on the cusp of greatness for another shot at glory before he calls it quits?
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:38 am

Nope. Favre will retire a Packer. Count on it.

Ferguson will probably be out at least a month. Maybe he returns sooner but I wouldn't count on it.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greenlight30

Post by Greenlight30 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:02 pm

Tom a couple quick questions....
when do you expect D Jax back and who would you start this week Bledsoe(ARZ) or Brooks (MIA)?

Superpion

Post by Superpion » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:54 pm

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
I think when I watch the 49ers play I'm seeing the Packers without Brett Favre. That's the reality most of us have understood for some time -- when Favre retires (almost certainly after this season) the team is going to be in big trouble. That's what makes it such a disappointment that Sherman bungled the final years of Favre's career so badly with his bad drafts and poor personnel decisions.

I don't think Green will be back. The Packers would be smart to draft a RB on the first day of next year's draft and load up on defense and the offensive line to protect Aaron Rodgers as much as possible. If Rodgers can develop under the new head coach (and there will be a new head coach) the Packers could return to the playoffs in a few years.

But it's not going to be a lot of fun in Packerland for awhile. Tom has missed the mark on his assessment of Favre. First off, this is not Favre's last season. If I were to guess, I would say that he will call it quits following the 2007 season but I acknowledge that 2006 could be his last year.

The Packers have never had a sub .500 season under Favre's leadership and they're not about to start now. How quickly we have forgotten about Favre's ability to find ways to win with Sanjay Beach, Kitrick Taylor and Anthony Morgan in the lineup. Bill Schroeder was a 1000 yard receiver with Favre throwing him the ball...The Packers will win 8 of their last 10 to finish 9-7 and once again take down the NFC North title.

Also, don't underestimate Jim Bates. Though the personnel could use some upgrades, the Packers defense is just starting to come around under
Bates' defensive schemes.

Just because everyone else and the entire media are saying that Favre is done, I don't see the signs from him that he is ready to call it a career. Remember last offseason when there was all that speculation that it was already over after the postseason loss to the Vikings? Wrong.

When you talk about Favre, you are not just talking about a talented QB. You are talking about a leader of men and a winner. The team is young enough that they don't know what can't be done.....

I will agree that some of the personnel moves the past few years have been ill advised and have contributed to many of the challenges that the Packers now face: paying big $ to Joe Johnson and Cletidus Hunt, mismanaging the relationship with Mike McKenzie and drafting a punter in the 3rd round (who apparently can't perfect the art of holding for field goals/extra points OR punting!) but they still have enough talent to win games in the NFL with Favre at the helm.....They are also positioned well to continue managing the roster they way that they want under the salary cap.

Time will tell but you now know my stance on the matter.
"We see you've been missing a lot of work lately".

"I wouldnt say I've been missing it Bob". ---OFFICE SPACE