9, 7, 7, 9, 7

mikeybok

9, 7, 7, 9, 7

Post by mikeybok » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:35 am

Originally posted by jdobies64:
Mike, I have to disagree. I guess it will also depend on who "falls". I actually choose 8 as my draft spot for the Main (and obviously got it) planning (hoping) to draft Moss and a solid RB1 on the way back. Lo and behold I had my choice of Moss or Gore but stuck with my gut and drafted Moss. I was the surprised to get Ryan Mathews and the way back. I completed my trifecta with Desean Jackson in the third and was very happy with those three to start my Main draft.

Jeff I like your first two ... you had a WR you like drop to you in 3. Odds are ... the 8 7 6 picks were not so lucky. It's the 3rd round I hate in the middle and it's a bad round for WR's after Jennings in the second round. I am not a fan of Jackson BTW.
Hakuna Matata!

alan824

9, 7, 7, 9, 7

Post by alan824 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:44 am

I posted my team previously, but I agree with the others that the middle of the draft was pretty decent for me this year. I did get very fortunate with some of the players that dropped to me. I drafted from the 8 position in the Primetime Draft (NY1) and got the following:

1-Calvin Johnson
2-Brandon Marshall
3-DeAngelo Williams
4-Cedric Benson
5-Phillip Rivers

CC's Desperados

9, 7, 7, 9, 7

Post by CC's Desperados » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:52 am

Originally posted by Brutally Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
... were our draft spots in the 5 main/super events.

The middle of the draft really stunk this year and the Tomatoes really got the short end of the stick here. We really had no idea how bad the middle of the draft would be this bad this year until the drafts on Friday and Saturday.

It's true that the seven and nine picks were normally not in the top half of our KDS, nor were they at the very back end of our KDS either where they belonged. We were just late out of the bag in every 14 team league we were in this year.

I'm just saying we have weaker teams this year than most years because of this spot. It appears it will not be the year of the Tomato. Anyone think the middle of the draft was good this year? Is anyone excited about a 6 7 8 or 9 slot team this year? Feel free to post it here.

Big Mike I hated the middle. I usually don't touch the KDS, but this year I wanted to avoid 6,7,8. I started the 14 team at pick 9 with Moss, Marshall, P. Thomas, Forte, Bradshaw, Gonzalez, and Cutler. I thought the draft broke well for me.

mikeybok

9, 7, 7, 9, 7

Post by mikeybok » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:03 am

Originally posted by AG:
I posted my team previously, but I agree with the others that the middle of the draft was pretty decent for me this year. I did get very fortunate with some of the players that dropped to me. I drafted from the 8 position in the Primetime Draft (NY1) and got the following:

1-Calvin Johnson
2-Brandon Marshall
3-DeAngelo Williams
4-Cedric Benson
5-Phillip Rivers That's a nice start (very nice) ... but it's a 12 teamer ... 12's are not the problem.

1-Turner
2-Austin
3-Welker
4-Grant
5-Witten

I have zero problem with the middle in a 12. At first glance I couldn't believe Benson fell to you ... but we got Grant in the same place.
Hakuna Matata!

alan824

9, 7, 7, 9, 7

Post by alan824 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Wow, getting Grant in the 4th is awesome. Believe it or not, Grant went in the FIRST ROUND (1-9) of our Primetime Draft!

renman

9, 7, 7, 9, 7

Post by renman » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:05 pm

I agree and disagree with Ugly Yellow. I agree from the perspective I too wanted to avoid that part of the draft board as I had a different strategy (I ended up with 10).

Having said that, the KDS and 3RR thing gives us a SENSE of control over the proceeding when in reality once the ball gets kicked off Thursday night most of the pre season projections go out the window. It is amazing how many of the projected top 20 at RB and WR wont come close to being in the top 20.

Come week 6 drafting from the 8 hole may have given you access to some of the best producing players in football. The key is if you took the right ones that were available at that time. The other good thing about being in that spot is you are less vulnerable to positional runs.

Either way... best of luck!

[ September 07, 2010, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: Renman ]

mattjb

9, 7, 7, 9, 7

Post by mattjb » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:28 pm

Originally posted by AG:
Wow, getting Grant in the 4th is awesome. Believe it or not, Grant went in the FIRST ROUND (1-9) of our Primetime Draft! :confused:

Shrink Attack

9, 7, 7, 9, 7

Post by Shrink Attack » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:37 pm

I had 9th pick in the Ultimate.

I started Rodgers, Mendenhall, Best and was happy with that.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven