Need Advice

Shrink Attack

Need Advice

Post by Shrink Attack » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:53 am

I haven't posted a "Who to Start" question all season, but this one is tough and it could decide my fate this year.

I have the following Flex options:

1) Domenik Hixon vs. Dallas--normally I would start him here, but he's been hurt all week, has hardly practiced, listed as questionable, and is a Sunday Night :mad: game time decision. All other options play in earlier games. Taking a zero here would be huge.

2) Mark Clayton vs. Steelers--could get some long balls, but the matchup is bad in what should be a low scoring game. Could really come up small.

3) Brandon Jones vs. Texans--actually a good matchup, but relying on a Titan WR feels weak and unmanly.

4) Marcedes Lewis vs. Packers--excellent matchup, plus with Matt Jones gone he could get a lot of looks. This feels like it's loaded with both upside and downside.

Any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

bill

Need Advice

Post by bill » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:43 am

Last 6 weeks (from CBS, no point per reception):
Clayton 17 4 2 15 32 3
Jones 5 11 8 5 3 2
Hixon 0 0 3 8 8 3
Lewis 4 7 1 5 4 5

Hate to start Clayton against Steelers D and maybe bad weather but he has shown the biggest upside.
If you prefer a great chance of a 5 to 10 point score maybe Lewis. As you said, no Matt Jones, and probably good weather, Packers secondary giving up a lot yards lately.

Hixon will probably be the most targeted WR on the Giants (IF HE PLAYS) where Clayton, Jones and Lewis will all probably be the 2nd or 3rd most targeted receivers on their teams.

Below is some news about Hixon that came out within the last few hours. Good luck! You definitely have a tough call.

Giants WR Domenik Hixon, who has replaced suspended receiver Plaxico Burress in the starting lineup, said he would be ready to go Sunday against the Cowboys despite practicing on a limited basis Friday because of foot and ankle injuries. Hixon also missed practice Wednesday and Thursday. He has been listed as questionable for Week 15.
(Updated 12/12/2008).
Fantasy Analysis
Hixon sustained the foot injury Week 12 against the Cardinals, but has played through the injury ever since. He looked good against Philly Week 14 despite the injury and almost had a 85-yard touchdown had he not dropped a wide open pass. Hixon is expected to dress Week 15, but still remains more of a No. 3 Fantasy WR or 'flex' option.

Diesel

Need Advice

Post by Diesel » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:31 pm

Hey guys...Can I jump in here? Gates or Shinacoe? I can't believe I'm asking this, but Gates hasn't scored double digits in awhile and he got a GOOSE EGG last week.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

kapefear

Need Advice

Post by kapefear » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:52 pm

Diesel I've been suffering all year with San diego players. L.T. in the Main event and then Gates and Vjax in the NBC.If you go deep into the TE rankings Arizona does very well against the TE's and only average 4 catches a week,add Tavaris Jackson to the mix and you could be in for a long day. Now with Gates coming off the GOOSE egg you would think your in for a bounce back game.I rally dispise Norv Turner as a head coach.He really should be throwing more to then set up the run and L.T."LIMITED TALENT".The only down side I can give you about that game is the weather report is saying steady winds of 25 mph throughout the game.I'm still going to ride with Gates,but did think about BOSS this week...Good Luck.

Shrink Attack

Need Advice

Post by Shrink Attack » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:56 pm

Originally posted by bill:
Last 6 weeks (from CBS, no point per reception):
Clayton 17 4 2 15 32 3
Jones 5 11 8 5 3 2
Hixon 0 0 3 8 8 3
Lewis 4 7 1 5 4 5

Hate to start Clayton against Steelers D and maybe bad weather but he has shown the biggest upside.
If you prefer a great chance of a 5 to 10 point score maybe Lewis. As you said, no Matt Jones, and probably good weather, Packers secondary giving up a lot yards lately.

Hixon will probably be the most targeted WR on the Giants (IF HE PLAYS) where Clayton, Jones and Lewis will all probably be the 2nd or 3rd most targeted receivers on their teams.

Below is some news about Hixon that came out within the last few hours. Good luck! You definitely have a tough call.

Giants WR Domenik Hixon, who has replaced suspended receiver Plaxico Burress in the starting lineup, said he would be ready to go Sunday against the Cowboys despite practicing on a limited basis Friday because of foot and ankle injuries. Hixon also missed practice Wednesday and Thursday. He has been listed as questionable for Week 15.
(Updated 12/12/2008).
Fantasy Analysis
Hixon sustained the foot injury Week 12 against the Cardinals, but has played through the injury ever since. He looked good against Philly Week 14 despite the injury and almost had a 85-yard touchdown had he not dropped a wide open pass. Hixon is expected to dress Week 15, but still remains more of a No. 3 Fantasy WR or 'flex' option. bill...thanks for the feedback. It's much appreciated.

I've been following Hixon's status very closely, but I haven't read anything anywhere that was this definitive. Do you mind telling me the source of this info? Thanks!

Eddiejag

Need Advice

Post by Eddiejag » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:45 pm

Shrink , i would go Hixon if it looks like a close go.His upside with no plax is huge.If he catches that ball last week he's over 20 points,not to mention no Jacobs either you would think this might be a game where Eli will have to put the ball up a lot.Also good weather in Dallas is alway's big this late in the season.If you dont go Hixon i think Lewis is a verg good snaky play this week and thinking 10 points and maybe a little more if he can find the end zone. good luck
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

bill

Need Advice

Post by bill » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:55 pm

[/qb][/QUOTE]bill...thanks for the feedback. It's much appreciated.

I've been following Hixon's status very closely, but I haven't read anything anywhere that was this definitive. Do you mind telling me the source of this info? Thanks! [/QB][/quote]

cbssports.com You may have to be in a league at that site to get this type of news.

Shrink Attack

Need Advice

Post by Shrink Attack » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:40 pm

Originally posted by Eddiejag:
Shrink , i would go Hixon if it looks like a close go.His upside with no plax is huge.If he catches that ball last week he's over 20 points,not to mention no Jacobs either you would think this might be a game where Eli will have to put the ball up a lot.Also good weather in Dallas is alway's big this late in the season.If you dont go Hixon i think Lewis is a verg good snaky play this week and thinking 10 points and maybe a little more if he can find the end zone. good luck My thinking exactly, Eddie. My only issue was whether Hixon was going to be a go or not, and a Sunday night GTD makes this guess work. I thought more definitive info would emerge after the Friday practice, but I couldn't really find anything that would lead me one way or another until bill posted his piece. Now that I'm comfortable that Hixon will most likely play, I plan on starting him without hesitation.

Thanks for all the feedback, guys.

Jim Wiseheart

Need Advice

Post by Jim Wiseheart » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:40 pm

Shink, here is the Hixon post on Yahoo Sports as well.

Fri, Dec 12 Ralph Vacchiano, of the New York Daily News, reports New York Giants WR Domenik Hixon (ankle, foot) fully participated in practice Friday, Dec. 12. He is listed as questionable for the team's Week 15 game but said he will play.

(KFFL)

Shrink Attack

Need Advice

Post by Shrink Attack » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:59 pm

Originally posted by FF Addict:
Shink, here is the Hixon post on Yahoo Sports as well.

Fri, Dec 12 Ralph Vacchiano, of the New York Daily News, reports New York Giants WR Domenik Hixon (ankle, foot) fully participated in practice Friday, Dec. 12. He is listed as questionable for the team's Week 15 game but said he will play.

(KFFL) Excellent...thanks.

The local beat reporters are usually more reliable than the national media, who reported that Hixon only partially or lightly participated in practice.