WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

sportsbettingman

WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

Post by sportsbettingman » Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:43 pm

So do you believe say 120 people out of 840 are burnt because they didn't have a shot at week 9 scraps...yet had a shot at the leftover scraps to shore up his/her team.

You feel giving these 120 teams the shot at the first plate of scraps is more important than screwing 720 people who placed a secure blind bid...you want to allow their opponents to see these bids and bid accordingly.

I feel the sacrifice of the "first plate of scraps" to a few was more important than the entire week of waivers being in turmoil.

There would have been WAY WAY WAY more pissed off people.

Damage control

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

sportsbettingman

WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

Post by sportsbettingman » Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:55 pm

Another problem is this...

These teams were screwed out of a shot at the "first plate of scraps"...because they had faith that they could wait until the deadline to bid.

Every team that bid from Tuesday through Friday morning did so with the same faith that the bids they bid would be secret.

To expose them kills the entire process...unacceptable...period.

Say you still go ahead and expose them...now you add the problem of contacting every one of these folks and wait for all of them to alter their bids accordingly. They would all be at a severe disadvantage and the inside information could far more corrupt the bidding/blocking/stealing of players than the resolution WCOFF decided on could ever have.

I think they did the right thing...but failed to walk everyone through the process.

~Lance

[ November 04, 2006, 11:57 PM: Message edited by: sportsbettingman ]
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

dcc1973

WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

Post by dcc1973 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:27 pm

To imply that only scraps are out there is incorrect. Here are some guys that I saw picked up this week in WCOFF leagues: Steve McNair, Byron Leftwich, Reche Caldwell, Kevin Curtis, Owen Daniels, Jeremy Stevens, Michael Jenkins, Ben Roethlisberger, Damon Huard, Jake Plummer, Tony Romo, Jerry Porter, David Givens, Joey Harrington, Chad Jackson, Trent Green, Chralie Frye, Alex Smith (QB), David Garrard, Najeh Davenport, David Carr, LenDale White, Wes Welker, Marty Booker, Eric Parker, Santonio Holmes

At guarantee that least a few of these players are going to play a key role for the teams that acquired them down the stretch.

That's a much different picture that the "most guys are looking for a bye week fill in at kicker or defense" that the WCOFF presented.

[ November 05, 2006, 12:31 AM: Message edited by: David Comings ]

TradeStar28

WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

Post by TradeStar28 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:44 pm

Here is my Week 9 FA Starting Roster from the "Scraps Bunch"

QB - Tony Romo
RB - Lendale White
RB - N. Davenpoop
WR - M. Booker
WR - K. Curtis
WR - R. Caldwell
TE - O. Daniels
K - Morton Anderson
D - Packers Defense
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

ultimatefs

WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

Post by ultimatefs » Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:14 pm

Originally posted by David Comings:
To imply that only scraps are out there is incorrect. Here are some guys that I saw picked up this week in WCOFF leagues: Steve McNair, Byron Leftwich, Reche Caldwell, Kevin Curtis, Owen Daniels, Jeremy Stevens, Michael Jenkins, Ben Roethlisberger, Damon Huard, Jake Plummer, Tony Romo, Jerry Porter, David Givens, Joey Harrington, Chad Jackson, Trent Green, Chralie Frye, Alex Smith (QB), David Garrard, Najeh Davenport, David Carr, LenDale White, Wes Welker, Marty Booker, Eric Parker, Santonio Holmes

At guarantee that least a few of these players are going to play a key role for the teams that acquired them down the stretch.

That's a much different picture that the "most guys are looking for a bye week fill in at kicker or defense" that the WCOFF presented. Another thing on this.... If some late guy wound up bidding more than an 8am bid, he'd really have to show a dire need or he'd be crucified the rest of his wcoff life.

Kinda like a baseball scab after a strike.

Of those 120 lance, I doubt more than 5 would attempt it.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

bald is beautiful

WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

Post by bald is beautiful » Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:36 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
but I almost feel like admitting your mistake and still keeping the FAAB deadline as the rules state would have legally been the right move.There is one of Lenny's problems. HE CANNOT ADMIT A MISTAKE. A simple sorry would have helped at least diffuse a bit of the anger. Instead, he deletes threads and then defends all actions. He simply cannot take criticism.

Greg, having now been in WCOFF for five years and in your NFBC and NFFC, I can easily see that your customer service is vastly superior.

[ November 05, 2006, 08:41 AM: Message edited by: bald is beautiful ]

nostradamross

WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

Post by nostradamross » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:20 am

the people that had their bid exposed could have re-bid with another amount. they still would have had a chance to put in a blind bid.

Captain Hook

WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

Post by Captain Hook » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:17 am

Originally posted by nostradamross:
the people that had their bid exposed could have re-bid with another amount. they still would have had a chance to put in a blind bid. Only if they knew they had to and were in a position to do so - I was at a conference without access and didn't arrive home until Saturday evening, so even if they had been able to reach me or get a message to me, I would have had to guess whether to rebid or not and then found a way to do it.

sportsbettingman

WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

Post by sportsbettingman » Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:21 pm

Originally posted by FISHER:
Here is my Week 9 FA Starting Roster from the "Scraps Bunch"

QB - Tony Romo
RB - Lendale White
RB - N. Davenpoop
WR - M. Booker
WR - K. Curtis
WR - R. Caldwell
TE - O. Daniels
K - Morton Anderson
D - Packers Defense I guarantee that if you sift through all of the WCOFF leagues this week..you will find these same "scraps" available.

~Lance

~Long John Silver

Hard heads

WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

Post by Hard heads » Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:28 pm

to call romo, daniels and curtis scraps is just idiotic lance.....one good season in wcoff and now you can judge whats good and whats not?