NFFC Auction playoffs

Eddiejag

NFFC Auction playoffs

Post by Eddiejag » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:24 am

Guys just going through this thread and a couple things.First Webber is a very good auction player and Billy he does have the credentials to talk auction football.Im pretty sure he's one of the best wcoff auction players as he had a lot of success a few years back.I remember when Webber first came to the NFFC he was the guy from WCOFF that was very good at auctions.He was also in the WCOFF invitational's leagues were 24 of the best players are invited out of 900 players.Billy i realize the 9 out of 10 comment is crazy but he's just fired up.The other thing about spelling who cares i hate when guys bring that up.Webber also won the NEW YORK auction league this year hitting on players like Steve Smith [giants] Jon Stewart for 8 bucks and getting Ricky Williams for a dollar.Billy i realize like others your one of the best fantay football players around if not number one just seeing a lot of guys attacking Webber and he does have credentials. That's all.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

mikeybok

NFFC Auction playoffs

Post by mikeybok » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:05 am

Nice post Eddie ... I agree with it.

Just to be clear. I did not attack his credentials ... Only addressed what he is posting. Surely he is responsible for what he writes (fired up or not).

He also pimped his book and held himself out to be an expert (while giving clearly flawed advice).

Why should the response to his flawed advice be any less blunt then the way his advice was originally given. I was originally going to let it go ... but after the 9 out of 10 comment towards Billy ... why should I let him mislead others while holding himself out as an expert?

If your going to dish it ... you should be able to take it too. Right?

Mike ... sorry if this came down too hard on you. No ill will intended.

Big Mike
Hakuna Matata!

renman

NFFC Auction playoffs

Post by renman » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:17 am

To get back to the initial point of the topic.

I could not agree more with Ugly Yellow with regard to the first post starting the thread.

If we want to have a 6 team playoff crap shoot maybe it should be in the smaller satellite leagues. The auction is the purest form of assembling a team and removes more luck than any other format. Maybe we should apply a playoff format that matches that?

mikeybok

NFFC Auction playoffs

Post by mikeybok » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:54 am

Originally posted by Renman:
The auction is the purest form of assembling a team and removes more luck than any other format. Maybe we should apply a playoff format that matches that? Exactly ... Better way of putting it ... that really is the point of this thread. Well said Renman.
Hakuna Matata!

BillyWaz

NFFC Auction playoffs

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:42 am

Originally posted by Eddiejag:
Guys just going through this thread and a couple things.First Webber is a very good auction player and Billy he does have the credentials to talk auction football.Im pretty sure he's one of the best wcoff auction players as he had a lot of success a few years back.I remember when Webber first came to the NFFC he was the guy from WCOFF that was very good at auctions.He was also in the WCOFF invitational's leagues were 24 of the best players are invited out of 900 players.Billy i realize the 9 out of 10 comment is crazy but he's just fired up.The other thing about spelling who cares i hate when guys bring that up.Webber also won the NEW YORK auction league this year hitting on players like Steve Smith [giants] Jon Stewart for 8 bucks and getting Ricky Williams for a dollar.Billy i realize like others your one of the best fantay football players around if not number one just seeing a lot of guys attacking Webber and he does have credentials. That's all. Eddie,

I said he is a good player, and I do respect his "game".

However for him to come on and pretty much say he is the best is a bit pretentious.

I won the $650 auction in Vegas last year, and finished ahead of Weber in the $650 NY Auction in 2007, and he hasn't qualified for the playoffs in 2 of 3 tries in live NFFC auctions. Now, I don't consider myself an "auction expert" by any stretch......just wondering why he does??? :confused:

If you are gonna proclaim yourself as an "expert", then you better have something that other's also don't have (not less). Don't you agree?

[ January 13, 2010, 02:56 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

sportsbettingman

NFFC Auction playoffs

Post by sportsbettingman » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:58 am

Even though I suspect it would be as boring as hell...having a higher than ME stakes auction draft that went 16 weeks points-only and LIVE BIDDING on free agents each Friday through the entire 16 weeks, would be the truest tale of the King of Auctions...at least for that year.
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

mikeybok

NFFC Auction playoffs

Post by mikeybok » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:53 am

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
Even though I suspect it would be as boring as hell...having a higher than ME stakes auction draft that went 16 weeks points-only and LIVE BIDDING on free agents each Friday through the entire 16 weeks, would be the truest tale of the King of Auctions...at least for that year. It's funny you put it that way. But your correct. If your the best at something ... you want boring ... you want to do so well that you lock it up with 3 weeks left. You don't want excitement ... you want to win convincingly.
Hakuna Matata!

sportsbettingman

NFFC Auction playoffs

Post by sportsbettingman » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:07 pm

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
quote:Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
Even though I suspect it would be as boring as hell...having a higher than ME stakes auction draft that went 16 weeks points-only and LIVE BIDDING on free agents each Friday through the entire 16 weeks, would be the truest tale of the King of Auctions...at least for that year. It's funny you put it that way. But your correct. If your the best at something ... you want boring ... you want to do so well that you lock it up with 3 weeks left. You don't want excitement ... you want to win convincingly. [/QUOTE]I agree with you, you want as little "luck of schedule", be it regular season or playoffs factoring into a game that was based around skill...but expecting that to fly in a main event is a stretch, due to entertainment value, yada ya. For sure in a satellite.
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

weber7777

NFFC Auction playoffs

Post by weber7777 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:35 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by weber:
quote:Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
quote:Originally posted by weber:
as long as the top 2 teams get money for reg season i have no problem allowing 6 in the playoffs. it's a fun system.. this year i got into playoffs with record not points but i knew my team was good.. just had some bad luck early on... i ended up winning league title in playoffs and i know i deserved it..

i like the system, you can leave it the way it is and implement a 10k overall award.. im sure they will do a good job.. i'll be there with bells on

Mike- Auction Man! :D This post is very funny ... you won with head to head record not points and overcame bad luck early on. Was the bad luck ... you were winning H2H matches even though you good players were unlucky by not scoring very many points?

I'm sure it was fun ... winning with a crappy team that was very lucky at H2H and got hot for three weeks. That would be very fun for me too. You did deserve it ... under the current rules.

That is why they need to be changed IMO ... and your right Greg and Tom will figure it out. Maybe they could offer both types of contests and cancel the one that doesn't fill. Maybe they could also extend your playoff format to 8 or 12 teams ... More fun for you guys!

Big Mike
[/QUOTE]im sure your just jealous of my awesome skill.. go read my book , get some tips on auction drafting..
[/QUOTE]Mike,

No disrespect, but just because you wrote a chapter in a book doesn't mean you are an expert.

To say you start this guy instead of that, and consider that part of your strategy..... well let's just say maybe it explains why I have been in 2 auctions with you, and you didn't get into the playoffs in either. :eek:

Last I checked, you put the guy in your lineup who you think will score the most points. Not come up with some "hokie" strategy, and then take credit when things luckily break your way. :rolleyes:
[/QUOTE]dude never have i ever claimed to be the best and if i said that you know dam well it was in jest.

i claim to be good, and to compete in every league.. thats all i can do.

anyway, no bad thoughts today, i found out im going to be dad for 4th x today.. 3 girls, going for the boy, praying to the football Gods..

due in september.. wife said she would induce early for the draft or wait till after vegas! wow, wat a girl! Mike
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com