The $1,250 Auction Has Been Cancelled

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:29 pm

Hey everyone, we wanted to let you know that we are not going to have this event on Saturday night. We tried like hell just to get to 10 teams so we could pull this off but ultimately we fell short of our goal as less than 10 owners said they would take part. We really appreciate your patience as we spent the last few days trying to figure out a way to make this work and we apologize to the guys who signed up and cannot take part. You obviously won't be charged for the event and I will be in touch with everyone tomorrow who doesn't respond on the boards to let them know about our decision.

Thanks again for your patience with all this. Any questions, feel free to e-mail me ([email protected]) or call me tomorrow (715 445-4612 ext. 653) before I leave for NY.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:37 pm

Sorry we weren't able to get this done guys, but I promise that next year we will schedule the $1,250 auction leagues on Saturday night and try to get individual leagues in each city. It just wasn't meant to be this year as we had as many as 12 owners at one time in all three cities, but then fell to 9 owners once we had to go with a teleconference. I certainly understand the trepidation with a phone auction as that wasn't ideal in our book either. We fell lower than 9 today and just couldn't save this league.

Again, we'll schedule this better for next year. Nobody was ever charged for this league, so thanks for your patience and working with us. We'll get it done next year, I promise.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:37 pm

I don't mind saying I had second thoughts about it. I called Tom today and even mentioned I wouldn't mind if it don't go. I know some really wanted to do this but there were enough who were going in dragging thier heels. I don't think it would have been much fun. I gotta say thanks to Tom and Greg for trying to make it work.

hammer

Post by hammer » Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:26 pm

Tom and Greg,

Thanks for going the extra mile(s) to try to make this happen... I wish we could have made it off the ground, but like Walla said, in the end it's probably for the best... we'll get it done right next year!

[ August 30, 2005, 09:27 PM: Message edited by: hammer ]

Sack

Post by Sack » Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:18 pm

Tom & Greg,

Thanks for the attempt, 10 wasn't ideal and actually moves away from the NFFC signature of 14 teams. No problem on this end. KM

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:29 am

Kind of an afterthought this year .... and you almost pulled it off anyway.

With a little up front press ... I think you can get this league filled at least once next year.

Thanks for trying.

UYT
Hakuna Matata!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:18 am

Yeah, you guys are right as this probably is for the best. We want to stick with the 14-team format and next year we'll advertise it more and create its own spot on that weekend, possibly Saturday night. I now know that there's enough interest in a $1,250 Auction League and will do what I can to make it happen next year. Each year we'll continue to expand and auctions is a natural next step.

You guys are the best. Good luck in the $650 auction leagues that you guys are in.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

superdac

Post by superdac » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:24 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
.... Good luck in the $650 auction leagues that you guys are in. ouch.....

Maybe next year everything can fall into place.

[ August 31, 2005, 01:28 PM: Message edited by: BMA ]

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:14 am

Sorry Phillip. I know, double blow for you. Next year we're getting you in the $650 right away and we won't look back!!