Las Vegas Second Weekend Draft Details

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:04 pm

The first weekend of NFFC drafts in Las Vegas is coming to an end with the conclusion of tonight's NFFC Super League. This was one TOUGH DRAFT!!! Wow, what tough competition. I know a few owners in our suite at the Bellagio weren't happy with players being taken just before their picks each time. Good fun.

Now it's time to start planning for the second weekend. We have a lot of new NFFC members for this second weekend and I want to make things easy for them. Here's a quick look at the details:

** Most of our NFFC drafts are going to be in the Tower Ballroom at the far south end of the Convention Center. Just follow the signs to the Convention Center and keep on walking until you run out of room. You'll go past the Wedding Chapel and continue to the end of that hall. That's where the Tower Ballroom is. We're in Tower Ballroom 3, 5 and 8 next weekend.

For NFBC members, we're in the ballroom next to where we drafted in March second weekend. This weekend we were in the adjacent ballrooms: DaVinci and Raphael.

** Give yourself plenty of time to get to the draft room because it's a long walk. We'll have a registration booth, but your badge and draft materials will be right inside at the draft tables. Find your league table and have a seat. It's time to draft.

** We start every draft on time, so don't be late. We don't have any national anthem or color guard or anything like that. A brief speech from me or Tom will do it. Then we start right at the top of the hour. We do have some drinks and food for each draft, so you won't go home with an empty stomach. Maybe an empty team, but not an empty stomach.

If you need anything, contact me at 715-254-5553 or Tom at 715-254-5559. Or email me at [email protected].

Good luck everyone. We'll see you at the Bellagio. Safe travels this week.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:30 pm

Okay, everything is set up for Las Vegas this weekend except two final leagues. We still need to announce draft picks tomorrow morning for the Las Vegas Primetime League 2, which drafts at 4 pm PT. We have two owners mulling over those final spots and I know we'll be able to announce draft picks in the morning. Look for those.

We have three spots left for the 9 am 12-Team Draft Champions League. All 9 owners currently signed up understand that this could fill last minute. I have a couple of owners interested and will know more in the morning. If we pushed it back to 10 am, I think we'd fill at least one spot, so stay tuned. Hopefully that's not a problem with anyone. I originally set it up for 9 am so that some folks could also do the 2 pm Super League, but that event didn't fill. So now we could do the DC a little later and still give folks plenty of time to draft at 2 pm for the Primetime.

One small change: If you're in Vegas and need help, contact Tom at 715-254-5559 or Dennis at 920-850-1061. They will be your contacts in Las Vegas this weekend. Thanks all and good luck. This should be great fun this weekend.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

hankstr56

Post by hankstr56 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:50 am

Hi Greg,
How will we handle this Sunday's lineup changes for this weekend's Vegas drafters? Will there be enough time to input the results of Saturday's drafts into the teams? If not, and we need to make a change before Sunday's games start, how do we go about that?
Thanks!
Hank

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:57 am

Originally posted by hankstr:
Hi Greg,
How will we handle this Sunday's lineup changes for this weekend's Vegas drafters? Will there be enough time to input the results of Saturday's drafts into the teams? If not, and we need to make a change before Sunday's games start, how do we go about that?
Thanks!
Hank All leagues will be entered on the spot in Las Vegas. When you are done drafting the rosters will be on your team sites immediately. It's possible two of the Saturday 10 am leagues will need to be entered by hand after the drafts, but we will get those done immediately. Everyone is responsible for getting their lineups set after the draft. If you don't have any email access to do that, you can tell Tom out in Las Vegas who you want to start and he can help set your starting lineup, but hopefully everyone out there has a computer or access to do that on their own.

Again, all rosters will be loaded right there, so we should be good to go. Thanks all.