robert meachem

mikeybok

robert meachem

Post by mikeybok » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:56 am

The NFFC rules are CLEAR.

Rick ... it is not "like you" to try to change the rules mid stream to fit your needs. What gives?

Mike
Hakuna Matata!

edcnp

robert meachem

Post by edcnp » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:09 am

The NFL rules have nothing to do with the NFFC and it's written rules.

Coltsfan

robert meachem

Post by Coltsfan » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:12 am

If Meachem was to get the TD then he should also get the yardage in which he rushed the ball to score the TD. :confused:

I think that it makes sense the way they scored it. If you went by the nfl definition then there never would be a defensive touchdown because everytime there was a turnover then that player would become an offensive player and therefore impossible for the defense to score.

Wayne

mikeybok

robert meachem

Post by mikeybok » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:18 am

Originally posted by edcnp:
The NFL rules have nothing to do with the NFFC and it's written rules. I agree the NFL rules do not apply ... The NFFC implicitly omits TD's resulting from fumbles by a Defensive player scored by Offensive players from individual scoring. How can you argue with that? Why should we change the rules for YOU?

[ December 07, 2009, 05:27 PM: Message edited by: Ugly Yellow Tomatoes ]
Hakuna Matata!

boutrous11

robert meachem

Post by boutrous11 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:52 am

BLACKHAND

robert meachem

Post by BLACKHAND » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:03 pm

if mike vick was at qb and throws a int then recovers a fumble and runs it in then you are telling me he gets the running yards and TD. no way !! it would be the eagles def that gets the pts. once wasington had the ball meacham was on the def and trying to make a tackle. ball comes out and he gets the saints a def td.seems simple to me.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

bobsgym13

robert meachem

Post by bobsgym13 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:21 pm

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
quote:Originally posted by edcnp:

"6 points for a recovered offensive fumble for a touchdown (RB, QB, WR, TE)"
If you are assuming Meachem is still an offensive player (WR) ... than he clearly a recovered Defensive players fumble for a touchdown.

It seems like the rules would say "recovered fumble for a touchdown" if it meant any players fumble. The explicit use of "offensive fumble" makes this crystal clear that defensive fumbles were NOT to be included in individual scoring.

Big Mike
[/QUOTE]Exactly right.

An offensive fumble recovery is a continuation of an offensive play and credits the yardage as rushing yards.

Bob
Luck in FF is like a game of Russian Roulette. The BWaz's of the world only have one bullet to spin - the rest of us have two. It's still mostly luck, but ...
-By Bob (For Gekko)

TamuScarecrow

robert meachem

Post by TamuScarecrow » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:34 pm

The NFL rules have nothing to do with the NFFC and it's written rules.You're not serious, are you? EVERY NFL rule effects the fantasy rules and how they get interpreted or you end up playing in a league like your little local league for $40.

The NFFC rules are CLEAR.

Rick ... it is not "like you" to try to change the rules mid stream to fit your needs. What gives?

MikeRead NFL Rule 3, Section 35 as posted in this thread on page 2 or 3 and then see if you want to retract this statement. Fact is, based on the rule, Meacham was an offensive player when he scored on his fumble return and not a defensive player. Therefore, his 6 points shouldn't count for the Saints D and in fact, if you want to be consistent with NFL rules, should count for Meacham. Period, end of discussion. I'm not trying to change anything except the scoring of the play because the NFFC currently has it wrong, not according to me, but according to the NFL.

Is the problem that you folks can't grasp the concept of Meacham turning back into an offensive player after the second change of possession on that play? The rule states "Team A is the offense when the down starts, but becomes the defense if and when Team B secures possession during the down, AND VICE VERSA FOR EACH CHANGE OF POSSESSION". The last 8 words in the rule change Meacham from a defensive player at the time of his takeaway back to an offensive player at the time of his td. Seems pretty simple and cut and dry to me.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

bobsgym13

robert meachem

Post by bobsgym13 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:17 pm

Is the problem that you folks can't grasp the concept of Meacham turning back into an offensive player after the second change of possession on that play? The rule states "Team A is the offense when the down starts, but becomes the defense if and when Team B secures possession during the down, AND VICE VERSA FOR EACH CHANGE OF POSSESSION". The last 8 words in the rule change Meacham from a defensive player at the time of his takeaway back to an offensive player at the time of his td. Seems pretty simple and cut and dry to me. I can grasp the concept. In fact, I think you are having trouble grasping that Meachem becomes a positionless member of this 'offense' and is no different than a member of a return team moving in an 'offensive' direction.

Bob

[ December 07, 2009, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: Bob Squad ]
Luck in FF is like a game of Russian Roulette. The BWaz's of the world only have one bullet to spin - the rest of us have two. It's still mostly luck, but ...
-By Bob (For Gekko)

gerardsambola

robert meachem

Post by gerardsambola » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:28 pm

greg and tom your problem here is your rules do not cover this and you two do not want to admit this
bottom line is you have a judgement call here and you two are taking the easy way out
i will be honest with you i started this topic because i do have meachem but i will probably lose my game even if you do give me the points for meachem but i am playing for 2500 tonight

my take on this topic is very simple if you do not have a rule for this spelled out in the rules which you don't then everyone should get the points was. def.=2 saints def.=2 and meachem=6 this way no one gets hurt

gerard