NFFC main pages not working on IPhone and IPad

Sebadiah23

Post by Sebadiah23 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:02 am

Not a dire emergency yet but just wanted to let you guys know that I couldn't even get to my league home page like I can with NFBC.

It sends you to a warped scaled-down mobile version of the pages but all of the links give you an error.

I haven't yet tried overriding where it takes you to try to circumvent to auto-redirect to the broken mobile version.

Just letting you guys know right away.

I'd prefer to be able to just viewing the full page and have a non-flash live scoring like NFBC has.

-Craig K.
-Durant/GWallace/Millsap/Ibaka ride it
http://kielinski.blogspot.com/

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:53 pm

It works on my iPhone, but it's incredibly SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

They really need an app, like FBG does.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Sebadiah23

Post by Sebadiah23 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:28 pm

I said "main pages" but specifically what I meant was the league main page and setting your line-up, etc. Its really working for you?

Can someone else confirm?

Still re-directs to a weird version of the site for me, says "Mobile Classic League etc." but the links don't work.

Thanks.

jjsegura78

Post by jjsegura78 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:20 pm

Originally posted by Sebadiah23:
I said "main pages" but specifically what I meant was the league main page and setting your line-up, etc. Its really working for you?

Can someone else confirm?

Still re-directs to a weird version of the site for me, says "Mobile Classic League etc." but the links don't work.

Thanks. I was getting the same message.
Projection 2010: Either winning my Classic LV/Chicago Dual League, or making it to the Catalina Wine Mixer.

JJ Segura

Mankind

Post by Mankind » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:32 pm

Greg,
Announced Saturday in Vegas, all rosters will be invalid for a day following the draft. These are dummy drafts that should be corrected Monday or Tuesday..

Chi_Town_FEW

Post by Chi_Town_FEW » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:44 pm

I can confirm. It is the flash on the website. IPhones and pads wont work like we want. I think they will get all the lineups in and then address it. If the NFBC has non flash scoring the fix will be quick. Otherwise that is how it goes for now:( But it is OK because they have come so far with the building of the site in the last six weeks and getting to where we are it wont be that long. Great job by the way:) Next week all the drafts for Fanball should be done and the programers will be all over it. Love my teams. Good luck all.

Sebadiah23

Post by Sebadiah23 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:20 pm

My roster is fine, I drafted online and can get to my lineup fine on a normal PC/Mac browser, and there's no flash on this weird page that it sends you to on the Iphone browser. Its just a completely botched mobile version that I shouldn't be sent to, or isn't complete, whatever. Without getting too technical, its a technique that major sites such as Amazon or Sportline use to make their site compatible on Blackberrys and Iphones and whatnot, by eliminating unnecessary graphics. But normally they have a "View Full Site" link that this botched one doesn't have, that tells the browser to render the page in the full way like you would on a PC. And secondly, the Amazon and CBS ones actually function.

I'm very familiar with the NFBC non-flash version of the live scoring page, as I was the person who reported that the NFBC version didn't work back in April due to flash and I'm in 11 leagues there, I've used it at least once a day for the last 5 months. Its extremely convenient, love it, and am very glad Fanball IT was accomodating with that change for the large and exponentially growing Smart phone user market.

Anyway, here is my football version of the shout-out that this attempt is "not yet operational", just like the Death Star before the rebels blew it up again, with the help of midgets in little bear costumes and Lando. But I digress.

Thanks in advance Fanball IT staff for this correction.

-CK

jjsegura78

Post by jjsegura78 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:54 am

I still can't see my league page on my iPhone, but can on PC. I didn't have any problems changing my lineups last minute with the old website. I hope that I don't have to carry a PC everywhere this season.
Projection 2010: Either winning my Classic LV/Chicago Dual League, or making it to the Catalina Wine Mixer.

JJ Segura

Sebadiah23

Post by Sebadiah23 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:16 am

Yes, hope to hear a word on this.

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:39 am

Bump

I really need iPhone access to my league pages.

Is this being addressed?
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven