Who's Coming To The 2010 NFFC In Chicago?

batoj

Post by batoj » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:55 am

Hey Greg,

For those of us with laptops, will we be able to plug them in during drafting?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:31 am

Originally posted by Bato:
Hey Greg,

For those of us with laptops, will we be able to plug them in during drafting? No, you won't be able to have a plug-in DURING the draft. I can't guarantee where the plug-ins will be for each league. Bring a strong battery and you can plug in during the break or before the draft or after the draft if you can find an outlet. But bring a strong battery to get you through the rest of the way.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

batoj

Post by batoj » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:43 am

I think this needs to be addressed in future drafts since many people bring laptops and battery's die in a couple hours no matter how strong the battery is.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:40 am

Originally posted by Bato:
I think this needs to be addressed in future drafts since many people bring laptops and battery's die in a couple hours no matter how strong the battery is. Bato, it's impossible to know where an outlet is for each league in each facility and to make that outlet available for every drafter in that league. A number of other things could happen technically to that power during the draft that would put us at fault. The NFFC drafts are usually done in two hours or less and you'll have plenty of time to charge your battery between the Classic and Primetime if you do both, so hopefully folks who need a laptop can make this happen.

I think this is pretty standard for live drafts in our industry because it's very hard to even know where the outlets are in some of these locations and if there would be enough for everyone.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

batoj

Post by batoj » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:49 am

I'll give it a shot. I thought I read somewhere that one day you would want pc's to be set up at every draft eventually

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:22 am

We're now at eight teams for the Chicago Auction Championship league at 4 pm CST on Friday, Sept. 3rd as Christopher Cosley of Rolling Meadows, Illinois has just jumped into the mix. Chris is also throwing his hat into the Super League the next day as we try for a third league there. Welcome aboard Chris and thanks for jumping into both leagues.

We have a few others inquiring about the Windy City Auction League, so things are looking better here. Let's keep it going. Thanks all.

chriseibl

Post by chriseibl » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:04 pm

Hi everyone, it's good to be back for a 2nd year! Getting excited for football season and already hoping my guys ACLs stay in tact.

I look forward to joining all of your talented selves September 4th. Should be some fun competition.

Sincerely
Good ol' Team Rex Grossman

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:15 pm

Originally posted by chriseibl:
Hi everyone, it's good to be back for a 2nd year! Getting excited for football season and already hoping my guys ACLs stay in tact.

I look forward to joining all of your talented selves September 4th. Should be some fun competition.

Sincerely
Good ol' Team Rex Grossman Welcome back Chris! :D

Hopefully you will be joining us on SEPTEMBER 3RD.... the auction is gonna be a blast!!! :D

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:10 pm

Originally posted by chriseibl:

Sincerely
Good ol' Team Rex Grossman I was wondering if you were going to be making it back this year Chris - that's awesome! One favor though, can you take it a bit easier on us this next year??? Your team may have been Rex Grossman but you played more like Peyton Manning!

Wayne

chriseibl

Post by chriseibl » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:41 pm

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
quote:Originally posted by chriseibl:

Sincerely
Good ol' Team Rex Grossman I was wondering if you were going to be making it back this year Chris - that's awesome! One favor though, can you take it a bit easier on us this next year??? Your team may have been Rex Grossman but you played more like Peyton Manning!

Wayne
[/QUOTE]Just hoping I don't have to sit by you and Billy at this year's draft again.

Would love to make the auction but it's looking more and more like I'll be out of town that Friday. If something changes with that I'll be in in a heartbeat. I am giving the primetime a try this year though.

Chris