New Draft Order - From What # to What #?

Mike Costaglio

Post by Mike Costaglio » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:52 am

Went from #4 to #14. I am surprised that there was no explanation offered. I skipped WCOFF this year as an sole owner because of the way Lenny handled last years waiver wire. My move down is significant. Seems strange to me. My rookie season at NFFC has lost some luster.

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:02 am

I totally understand why some people will definitely be upset with this change.

Last year, the WCOFF had a problem, and from what I heard, Emil did nothing about it, and let it go. A LOT of people lost all respect for that league and either stopped playing high stakes fantasy, or went to a different contest.

Agreed, that it is a MAJOR TEASE if you have your draft slot sent to you, and you think you have a GREAT spot, and then it's changed a day later to what you feel isn't such a great spot.

But try and look at the big picture here. The draft slots now, are exactly how they should be. The draft slots are now how everyone sent in their preferences. Instead of leaving it the way it was, and telling everybody that he(Greg) thinks it's best to just let it ride, and have all KDS choices thrown out the door, he(greg) decided to re-do them, so that all KDS preparation wasn't all for nothing.

If anyone feels like they don't think anything is right here, I suggest you ask Greg or Tom for your complete league's KDS preferences. If you see those, I feel you'll understand that what they did was make everything right.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:07 am

Originally posted by Mike Costaglio:
Went from #4 to #14. I am surprised that there was no explanation offered. I skipped WCOFF this year as an sole owner because of the way Lenny handled last years waiver wire. My move down is significant. Seems strange to me. My rookie season at NFFC has lost some luster. Mike, I just looked at your KDS and I can explain this one. You were picked fifth out of the hat/computer in LV 7 and your KDS preferences were 1,2,3,4,14,13,12, etc. On Sunday when we ran this inaccurately, one of the other owners apparently moved down, thus giving you your fourth preference and the 4th pick. Last night when we ran the KDS preferences correctly, the top four teams in LV7 stayed put and took the top four spots. You got your fifth preference, which was No. 14.

Does this make sense? Picked fifth out of the hat and got your fifth preference. Everything looks right from what I can see. But it is a big jump and looks like we did something wrong on the surface. Feel free to contact me if I missed anything on this one.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:20 am

hell YA 12 to friggin 4
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:22 am

THANK YOU GREG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

Mike Costaglio

Post by Mike Costaglio » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:40 am

First, let me say that I understand. I am not happy going from LJ/Gore to McGahee but it is what it is. I am surprised that an event of this size, importance and reputation does not have better system of quality control (especially after WCOFF/06). I am also concerned that this is not the first piece of important NFFC information that I have had to mine from the message boards. The email that busted my pick should have included the explanation that I found latter on the boards. "Play on"

Mike

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:45 am

Mike, I'm sure Greg will have more info to share but as far as contacting everyone there was no way we could contact everyone before posting on the message boards last night. We started re-doing things at 9:30 CT and I finished at 1 AM. We don't have the capability to send out an e-mail at that time of the evening. However, we did send one out first thing this morning when we got into work. So the people on the boards did have 7-8 hours of advance notice but we also e-mailed everyone in our event to let them know what happened.

If there is a vital piece of information we do everything we can within the resources we have to get it out to our entire NFFC community as quickly as we can.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:47 am

One owner fell from 11 to 12 and is REALLY upset over this, to the point where he won't return next year. But all we could do is right the wrong and make it just. Still, this is our fault for the first announcement of picks. [/QB][/quote]

Greg,

Honestly if somebody is being that petty about this then the nffc is probably better off without them. The 12th pick has potentially much better matchups and you still get either Maroney or Rudi (which I view as equal) so there isn't much difference. Some folks just look for something to complain about.

The bottom line is that everyone got the exact pick that the should have as a result of having kds. Therefore nobody lost anything - it's exactly the way it was supposed to be.

Wayne

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:55 am

i know you guys are focusing on football today, but any chance the baseball guys can get some love. STATS has not updated the baseball overall standings yet.

i talked to tom and he said to be patient...which i'm trying to be :D
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:58 am

I contacted STATS again about the NFBC issue. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich