Your Thoughts On Drafting In The Doubleheader

TOMDOG

Post by TOMDOG » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:47 am

Originally posted by Quahogs:
Yeah well all I know is that you're only giving us 2 hours between drafts which means this is what dinner is going to look like at Tom Yates NY League 6 Congratulatory Thanks For Allowing Me To Draft a MONSTER Team All You Can Eat Hot Dog Dinner !

thanks Greg :mad:

and Thanks Tom :D

I was one of the guys that urged less time between drafts last year,little did i know that it would become SO packed with activity.
Our dinner will be a little rushed but should be alot of fun.The restraunt is right in the middle of the theater district,they are used to getting the FOOD ON THE TABLE FAST,so people can make the broadway shows that these type of places cater to.And its close enough to walk from our draft venue.AND i already have mini menus that i will pass out to our gang at the first draft so you wont waste time pickig your meal at the restraunt.The most important thing of course is that the food taste good,and i must say i loved it when i ate there back in June.
Food,fun,and fantasy football fellowship,should be a BLAST. :D

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:43 am

My thoughts on the double header - I hate it but only because I have to leave after the first draft to attend a family wedding.

Otherwise I love it and echo the honorable Mr. Moyer's sentiments.

It is a great day of drafting and the different formats always make it a tad more interesting.

I would likely set my KDS's similar and shoot for the same core in both leagues. I think a healthy and productive core could carry one owner to the top of the heap in both events some day. If I played in both, that is what I would be shooting for. All or nothing. If you suffer injuries you are done across the board but if you don't and they come through for you, the Glory is all yours!
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:59 am

1. What's the most appealing aspect of the NFFC doubleheader (bonus, two different formats, live drafts on the same day, comraderie, etc.)?

Not having to do second half on the phone in my room after Tinker has just exited.

2. What was your draft strategy last year as far as selecting similar teams compared to what it will be this year? Do you need similar players to win both overall titles?

bad idea. Just pick the best player to fit the plan for each league

3. Can someone actually win both overall titles? Last year we had 11 teams (almost one-fourth of the teams) in both Championship Rounds and Dave Gerczak finished first in the Primetime and 10th in the Classic. So can it be done?

yes. It will take someone having teams like Jules did a few years back that wipe all others

4. Will your KDS preferences be similar for both events? What changes if you don't get similar draft spots?

KDS for each will be based on what's best for each league. "similar" is not part of the equation at all.

[ July 11, 2009, 04:04 PM: Message edited by: JohnZ ]
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Ry's Guys

Post by Ry's Guys » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:12 am

Last year I had to work and could only make the primetime event...I felt that the people who drafted in the earlier draft had a slight advantage. As we all know when there's real money on the table you draft a little different. You may take a flier in a $125 WTA but when your plunking down $1,300 people tend to play tighter. So no matter how much prep you do its not the real thing. The people that were there for both IMO were already through the war once.

I like the 2 drafts in one day because you can look at your deficiencies from your first draft and immediately correct those. I prepare so much for this draft so its good to use all the knowledge twice. Draft twice, study once...its like 2x odds on the craps table!

I won't be trying to get the same players in both drafts. You can't reach and if you attempt to get the same guys you will have to reach. Honestly, no two drafts are the same so as always it is adjust and take the player that best fits your team.

As far as KDS haven't figured that out yet, but I usually like the back end with 3RR. We'll see.

Looking forward to seeing the guys in Chicago this year.
Pat Sorge