Is It Twue???

Tom Kessenich

Is It Twue???

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:49 pm

Glenn, I can't speak for the owner in question. But as I posted just because someone has an approach that you don't agree with doesn't make it wrong. You are in no position to act as judge and jury over how anyone runs their team. Neither am I nor is anyone else here. I can appreciate the fact that some may not believe MSW should have been dropped. That's why Greg and I will confer and make a decision.

And yes, there are a lot of people who are playing in the Online Championship. None of them should feel the least bit bothered that the integrity of the event is being compromised because a wildly inconsistent wide receiver has been dropped after a horrible Week 1. So please do me a favor and refrain from making implications about a league you're not in and an event you have never competed in. You have brought this matter to our attention and Greg and I will take it from here. You've made your points about this and there's no reason for you to continue to belabor them.

Thank you.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

boutrous11

Is It Twue???

Post by boutrous11 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:57 pm

MSW's not good enough to be undropable.

BillyWaz

Is It Twue???

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:22 pm

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by GK:
...I'm simply VERY happy that I am NOT competing in ANY OC leagues this season or I would be quite pi$$ed, as others rightfully are here...GK That's good to know. I appreciate the fact that once again you've expressed your opinion about something that does not concern you. [/QUOTE]I'm sorry, but Tom's sense of humor has me rolling some times!

Probably because he is absolutely correct. ;)

ImTheScientist

Is It Twue???

Post by ImTheScientist » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:30 pm

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Glenn, I can't speak for the owner in question. But as I posted just because someone has an approach that you don't agree with doesn't make it wrong. You are in no position to act as judge and jury over how anyone runs their team. Neither am I nor is anyone else here. I can appreciate the fact that some may not believe MSW should have been dropped. That's why Greg and I will confer and make a decision.

And yes, there are a lot of people who are playing in the Online Championship. None of them should feel the least bit bothered that the integrity of the event is being compromised because a wildly inconsistent wide receiver has been dropped after a horrible Week 1. So please do me a favor and refrain from making implications about a league you're not in and an event you have never competed in. You have brought this matter to our attention and Greg and I will take it from here. You've made your points about this and there's no reason for you to continue to belabor them.

Thank you. 1oo% spot on! I hate when people think they should have the right to run someone else's team. They paid the money, and its their team...they can do as they wish.

Max Factor

Is It Twue???

Post by Max Factor » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:39 pm

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
[QB] I appreciate your advice, Glenn. I promise to give it all the consideration it deserves.

More humor!!!!!!!!!

Maybe now that your IT guys have less to do, maybe they can work on an "IGNORE POSTER #......." button. We would all appreciate it and use it.
Jeff Potok

Ted's Cracked Head

Is It Twue???

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:22 pm

My 2c.

1) I personally do not think that MSW needs to be protected or pulled from the pool and I am in the Online Championship a few times.

Having said that, players I respect greatly agree with Glenn in thinking that MSW should be pulled from the players pool. Based on responses in this thread, they appear to be in the minority.

2) Tom, No need to belittle Glenn for raising an issue regarding who will or will not be removed from the player pool if dropped simply because he is NOT playing in the league that is in question. This situation and how it is handled could have an effect on a game in which he is a participant if it arises again.

You should also stay clear of any form of personal response like you did when referencing one of the posts suggesting that Glenn should worry more about his roster. He does tend to go a bit far when he has an opinion on matters but you should lead by example, even when being pushed to the edge.

3) Glenn - make your point and give them a chance to answer to it. You do not help your cause by posting some of the stupid comments that border on personal. The "tinker bell" comment thing is what I am referring to. Make your point, let the discussion take its own course and let the operators make their decision.

If the NFFC pulls MSW from the player pool it will set a precedent. A precedent that could force them to pull similar performing players when they get dropped. I say proceed with caution.

I agree with some of the other posters that only top tier players or players who have performed at that level in the year in question should be pulled.

Example: If this were week 4 and MSW posted 15+ points a game this year, I would want him pulled as he is performing at a level worthy of first tier consideration.

I think the question at hand may be: Should there be a list published by the operators prior to the beginning of the FA periods defining the players who will be pulled from the player pool of dropped?
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

ronaldesq

Is It Twue???

Post by ronaldesq » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:24 pm

If you are a MSW owner (I am one of them) you can't really complain about Week 1, he was being blanketed by a 1st ballot HOF corner.