2005 NFFC Regular Season Facts

JerseyPaul

Post by JerseyPaul » Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:23 am

It's promotionally very simple:

League Champions will win $x,000.

The NFFC competes head-to-head and by points at the same time!

Whichever way you like best, you're covered in the NFFC. If one team wins both, it's automatically the League Champion. If one team has best record, and another team has most points, there will be an exciting playoff in that League with the winner getting the 1st place prize and the loser getting the 2nd place prize.

I don't see the promotional issue. if anything it's a big plus for those that want a contest where skill is on the same footing as luck.

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:06 am

Greg, give us the reason why NOT to have a league playoff? I'm curious why you are opposed to the idea because I can't think of anything negative. I know you're impressed by someone going 12-1 but I'm not at all... I'm far more impressed by Team NEW's huge points than by someone else who got lucky enough to catch people on bye weeks or injuries, etc. What is so impressive about going 12-1 ? or 11-2 and putting up 30th place points in doing so? I don't get it... ?

Edumacate me?

Dyv
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:20 am

Dyv, which camp are you in? The mandatory playoffs, or the one that takes place only if the points and H2H leaders are two different teams?

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:25 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
Dyv, which camp are you in? The mandatory playoffs, or the one that takes place only if the points and H2H leaders are two different teams? Could go either way - each at least gives both parties a chance. I'm against someone having no chance through no fault of their own.

Dyv

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:30 am

You've won your league after 13 weeks. You have the best record and the most points in Las Vegas 4. Do you feel you should play another 3 weeks to see if those same things apply?

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:32 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
You've won your league after 13 weeks. You have the best record and the most points in Las Vegas 4. Do you feel you should play another 3 weeks to see if those same things apply? Well, at this point the answer is easily no - I want to keep the cash and be done. But going into the season or for next year I would choose 3 week playoff.

Dyv

wdelpilar

Post by wdelpilar » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:13 pm

Overall, well run and customer support top-notch though there were a couple of touchy moments with a waiver wire site issue and game day site issue. However, that's why we're human, we're not perfect and these things happen. To extend the waiver wire was great and the fact Krause and Stats Inc. did a great job with the customer support and at least for myself this goes a long way.

I do hope Wild Card entries are allowed and though I don't know if I would have made it this year, the bottom line is that I left about 100 points on my bench over the last three weeks in which I actually considered starting those players but chose not to. In the end, I have myself to blame for my failure to do better and enjoyed the league, the software and the individuals at Krause.

One aspect that I don't know if it would be better or worse is a 14-team league vs. a 12-team league. I felt I did very well in a 14-team league and didn't really notice much difference from a 12-team league (one in which I also play in that is high stakes).

Regarding drafting, it's not where as someone said but who you draft. RBs Nick Goings and Julius Jones could be difference makers for many owners in the playoffs as well as QB Jake Plummer and TE Antonio Gates. Players that were mid-rounders or not drafted at all.

My failure? Well, you have to bank on having a weakness every season if you go after certain positions and not having a consistent WR corp. as well as some bad start / bench decisions are what I will review in the offseason to improve.

Overall, great first-year and hopefully I'll be back for another run if everything goes well.

[ December 07, 2004, 06:16 PM: Message edited by: Doomsday Express ]

renman

Post by renman » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:19 pm

greg...

first of all, congrats on a well run event... i am very glad you "sold" me on this and treated me in a way that made me join the event...

i think the format is PERFECT... i like the value of the H2H, i like the rewards of highest total points... i like that the body of the season is up to week 13, and then i like the 3 week playoff combined with your average regular season score... i think there is a great flow to it... enough reward is given to the more dominant regular season teams, but also a chance is there for the lower scoring playoff teams to win the big prize with a great playoff run...

and this all gets done before the final week of the season where stronger teams in the league start benching their stars...

here are the only things i would try to adjust going forward...

due to the fact some league drafts might be "stronger" then others, certain teams can get advantages if some poor owners in their league make huge draft mistakes that ultimately reward the smarter owners in that particular draft.. and this ultimately gives advantages to some teams over other teams who drafted from stronger leagues...

this is why i think it is important to try add to prizes that can be won within each league... among the owners who are drafting against and playing against each other in a fair, equal, controlled environment... i think this will appeal to many others who might be "on the fence" about this kind of commitment...

strong league prizes are very appealing, and then there still can be a huge prize at the end of the tunnel... whether it is 100K, 150K, 200K, 250K... no matter what it is, whoever wins it would be very happy...

just my thoughts...

What's the rumpus?

Post by What's the rumpus? » Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:22 pm

Greg, keep in mind who seems to have the most problems with the current format. I don't imagine there was any scenario that GG wouldn't have complained about. Dude is only happy when he's sad. Combine that with his need to direct attention to himself, and you are fighting a losing battle. He's got more posts to his credit than you for cryin out loud.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:32 pm

Greg, keep in mind some people are only happy when they write about me. :D Combine that with their need to direct attention to themselves, and you are fighting a losing battle.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?