Best and worst draft pick by ,You?

Post by Inf4life » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:53 am

Best: Hines Ward 5.12

Worst: Ahmad Bradshaw 9.12
2007 NFFC Classic Champion

renman

Post by renman » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:01 am

If I may come to the defense of doomsday (not that he needs it) there was logic supporting the idea LJ was going to have a big bounce back season.

-He is a proven stud from the past.
-He is amazing on the goaline and gets every ball.
-He was touted all pre season as being used in the passing game more.
-Croyle was a year more experienced and they had a veteren backup in Huard that would lead you to believe the QB situation was improved.
-He was healthy
-He has a favorable rushing schedule.

While I am not saying I would have taken him at number 3, there was logic saying he could have a big bounce back season.

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:10 am

Originally posted by renman:
If I may come to the defense of doomsday (not that he needs it) there was logic supporting the idea LJ was going to have a big bounce back season.

-He is a proven stud from the past.
-He is amazing on the goaline and gets every ball.
-He was touted all pre season as being used in the passing game more.
-Croyle was a year more experienced and they had a veteren backup in Huard that would lead you to believe the QB situation was improved.
-He was healthy
-He has a favorable rushing schedule.

While I am not saying I would have taken him at number 3, there was logic saying he could have a big bounce back season. The funny thing is doomsday past on LJ at 1.11 and than got LJ at 2.2 in NBC Draft. Ken must have not wanted LJ on both teams? Than couldn't pass on him at 2.2. I give Ken correct for picking the 'Guy' he wanted, if he had picked Gore. Most would have been calling pick too high as well. But You have to live and die with your rankings, anyone can pick chalk. I as most know don't. I have been correct, and way wrong. But I do thank Ken, because I got Barber at 1.7. :D

John

[ October 24, 2008, 02:18 PM: Message edited by: Raiders ]

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:15 am

By the way in the NFFC, this is the only League(team) I did not pick McFadden. Plan was to see were McFadden went and than get him in every draft after that one. Plan worked, I got McFadden in the next three drafts, but he's my BIGGEST BUST. :mad:

John

[ October 24, 2008, 02:16 PM: Message edited by: Raiders ]

Inf4life

Post by Inf4life » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:17 am

The bad part John is that he was the most hyped rookie, right in front of Mendenbrokenshoulder.
2007 NFFC Classic Champion

renman

Post by renman » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:21 am

John,

I agree. You have to take who you want. I make my own player lists and they often do not at all follow what the industry norm is. The only reason I even keep track of the industry norm cheatsheets and ADP rankings is to have a sense when certain players will go off the board to other teams.

Last year I took Edge James in the 1st round and it raised a bunch of eyebrows. While he did not produce like I expected with the new staff and system in place, he did produce higher than his ADP and I believe was around the top 10 in RB points. So it was a solid, though not spectacular pick. Especially given how many landmines are found in the 1st round.

If you like a guy you have to take him and sometimes take him earlier than most expect.

I do it all the time. Like when I STOLE the great Reggie Williams in the 7th or 8th round...lol

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:57 am

Best: Michael Turner in the 4th.

Worst: Joe Galloway in the 6th.

Wayne

DOOMSDAY

Post by DOOMSDAY » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:01 am

I loved LJ, thought in Herm and Chan's conservative ball control offense they'd pound him 25-30 times a game regardless the score.

Only player I would have taken instead was Barber, wish I had now obviously. But despite all his problems LJ has shown he can get the job done when given the chance. He should have been given the ball 4 straight times at the goal line to end that New England gaem and take it to OT.

Actually, I was hoping AP fell to me because everybody is so high on Westbrook he could have possibly gone 2nd. Westy has always been too much of an injury concern for me so I did not want him. I did not think Addai was worthy of a first round pick, not enamored with Gore either, scared by SJAX' situation otherwise he would have been the pick, and breifly considered Portis.

I started off LJ-Peyton-Gates-T.Jones then best WR available with Mason-Burelson(ouch!)-Berrian-Mendenhall(ouch again). I still felt pretty good there even though thin at WR, but all 3 had upside. Thought I had 3 legit WR-2's, hoping one would make a big splash.

As for the NBC, I definitely wanted LJ, but in the 12 team format I knew I could get him at 2.2, so grabbed me some T.O. in round 1!

Was hoping to go see my backfield of LJ-Jones in action this weekend but alas he has let me down agian, D'OH!

richieprimo

Post by richieprimo » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:12 am

Considering that I left the draft with L.Johnson, Fast Willie and the guy from NE, and lucked out with Slaton, I thought I would be okay at RB. Guess it didn't work out the way I planned.

But in reality, my season was over at about 3:35 on Draft Day. Can't wait until next September.
Paying Top Dollar For All 12 and 10 cent Superhero Comics. Send PM...You may have money packed in your garage or attic.

MGB MARTY

Post by MGB MARTY » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:58 pm

NFFC
Best A Johnson 2-7 S Jax 1-8
Worst Most of the others but S Young in 4th actually muttered under my breath FN Shanahan before I picked him. Actually my 4th in NBC sucked as well Mafoney.

Marty