Article Regarding Fanball

The Balanced Man

Post by The Balanced Man » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:44 am

Fanball Closing?

Just wanted to toss this out there and see what anyone had heard.
The Fantasy Football Oasis
Follow me on Twitter
I will break your crayons.

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:19 am

I think someone needs to make a statement on this ASAP.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:28 am

Some clarification to the future of the NFFC/NFBC is DEFINITELY needed ASAP.

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:35 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Some clarification to the future of the NFFC/NFBC is DEFINITELY needed ASAP. and the current NFBBC.

I also appreciate greg & tom work for fanball so this might not be the best day for them.

[ January 06, 2011, 11:35 AM: Message edited by: mattjb ]

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:36 am

I heard Snake has put in a tender offer on Fanball.....

He is gonna buy it out and break up like Gekko and Bluestar Airlines...

But Sir Larry KofQman will bail them out just in a nick of time
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

hammer

Post by hammer » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:39 am

wow

joetreff

Post by joetreff » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:45 am

You gotta love that they refused to compensate for FFOC last year. I had two free teams, it was on Fanball letterhead signed by Fanball. They claimed they didn't have to compensate me because they just ran the game, it was a third party who owned it.

Let's hope they pay out all their 2010 contests, I won 2 D&P leagues and 2 NFFC prizes.

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:06 am

Based on the text below I don't think greg or tom are going to be able to tell us anything even if they wanted to.

Rumors of such a possibility began to surface early Wednesday morning, and by Thursday morning FSB.com was able to confirm with Fanball employees that Liberty had informed them Wednesday of the impending action and that they were not to speak publicly about the plans

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:23 am

My thoughts are with Greg and Tom as this story unfolds.

They have given the last several years of their lives to develop and build this idea just so we can play. They have endured the buyouts along the way and have weathered the storms created by each move, working tirelessly to ensure that we had the best product possible. They did this even though they faced the "bottom line" of larger corporations which made it difficult if not impossible to take this concept to the next level.

My "guess" would be that the brand will again be sold and who knows, maybe Greg and Tom will end up with the rights to the brand along with an investment group to back them. Hopefully one that has the vision to take this idea to the next level.

To Greg and Tom, thanks for all you have done.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:41 am

Well said Rob!!!

I do hope the NFFC survives this and continues to operate in 2011! The yearly pilgrimage to Chicago is my best weekend of the year and I would hate to lose that.

Apparently Greg and Tom or not supposed to be talking about this or else they would have been on the boards already. But even if they can't discuss Fanball, I sure hope that someone comes on here and at least reassures all of the prize winners that they are going to be paid. I think that needs to be done - at a bare minimum.

The other concern is that will these boards disappear? I would hate to wake up one morning and this forum is gone. That would really be bad.

Wayne