Official Statement From Liberty Media

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:10 am

Originally posted by boutrous11:
can someone tell me what Oaktown means by "DC" below...

quote:Originally posted by Oaktown:
Awful news, losing DC is crushing. But what does this mean for NFBC? [/QUOTE]I believe it is referring to the "Diamond Challenge" which is a rotisserie style salary cap fantasy baseball game that CDM/Fanball have hosted for many years.

[ January 12, 2011, 02:11 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:11 am

Originally posted by boutrous11:
can someone tell me what Oaktown means by "DC" below...

quote:Originally posted by Oaktown:
Awful news, losing DC is crushing. But what does this mean for NFBC? [/QUOTE]That is Fanball's Diamond Challenge, the most popular salary cap game in the industry. It used to be called USA Today's Diamond Challenge and before that it was The Sporting News Diamond Challenge. It's a game that has 4,500+ players each year. Very good competition.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

eliasond

Post by eliasond » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:16 am

Why would Liberty Media/Fanball make an acquisition like the NFFC and Fantasy Sports Magazine, etc., and then close them all down within a year? Doesn't make sense. Or is this a case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand was doing? I'm confused...
Daren E
NFFC Charter Member
3-Time Las Vegas Auction League Champion (2004,2009,2015)
2-time Live Las Vegas Classic League Champion

KenGill

Post by KenGill » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:52 pm

Daren that is the real question in this entire debacle. The entire thing makes no sense and the only thing I can think of is that they (Liberty) took a profitable product previously run by small business (Greg) and ran it into the ground with high expenses (read: website, programming, and "executive salaries"). Corporate America strikes again!
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne