Tom Lorenzo From RotoExperts Will Chat HERE Tonight At 8 p.m. EST

CraigW

Post by CraigW » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:32 pm

Will the lack of O-Line, QB and legit consistent WR kill Vernon Davis's fantasy worth or are you still buying him?
The Artist Formerly Known as Hard Heads

CraigW

Post by CraigW » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:33 pm

Are you playing in any High Stakes Events this year? If yes, which one and why did you choose that one?

snydayre

Post by snydayre » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:36 pm

Originally posted by DoubleG:
sorry for not submitting questions before. i just got back from vacation.

1. more pts this year, gates or witten?

Tom: He's still the top TE in the game. Health concerns, yes, but he's my guy.

2. best late round rb to gamble on?

Tom: I'm liking Ryan Williams, but he's becoming more of a household name. One super late rounder to look at is DeMarco Murray. I think the kid has tons of talent, and it's not as if Felix Jones has done much over his career to cement his role. He's a last-round pick, nothing more, but someone at least worth watching.

3. best late round qb to gamble on?

Tom: I still think Stafford is the best later-round bet. If you're talking deep league, late-late round, don't forget about Matt Hasselbeck. He's a late-resort starter, but at the very least he has 18-20 TD talent. Desperate? Yes.

4. more pts this year, stafford or bradford?

Tom: Close, but I'm a Stafford guy--when healthy. I hate saying "when healthy," but I mean it. Still, I would take Stafford over Bradford. Burn us three times.. you're done!

snydayre

Post by snydayre » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:38 pm

Originally posted by CraigW:
Will the lack of O-Line, QB and legit consistent WR kill Vernon Davis's fantasy worth or are you still buying him?

Tom: I'm still buying, but you're 100% correct! I think all those issues (especially QB) keep him out of the top tier with Gates-Clark-Witten. He os, though, the 4th TE on my list. The guy is just too talented. In a better situation he might have even jumped up to the top slot.

CraigW

Post by CraigW » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:46 pm

Shonne Greene is a guy you would draft as your what # RB and in what round?
Sorry I'm bored and everyone else seems to be reading the WCFF crap.

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:07 pm

I'm late to the party but maybe my question will be answered anyways...

1. Are you staying away from Colston this year and are you downgrading Brees much if he doesn't have his #1 WR?

2. Thoughts on K Britt and D Bryant? Overrated in drafts this year or not so much?

Thanks for your time.

snydayre

Post by snydayre » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:16 am

Originally posted by CraigW:

Tom: Greene is a low-end RB2, as far as I'm concerned. I would start looking at him in the 5th round. I actually like him a lot this year, but I'm going to let him come to me and not necessarily reach. I suppose you can make the case for late-4th round, but I have my sights set on the 5th for Greene.

snydayre

Post by snydayre » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:24 am

Originally posted by rkulaski:
I'm late to the party but maybe my question will be answered anyways...

1. Are you staying away from Colston this year and are you downgrading Brees much if he doesn't have his #1 WR?

Tom: I'm not necessarily staying away from Colston, but he's dropped slightly down my draft board. He's in the mid-4th round range, as far as I'm concerned. As for Brees, no way am I dropping him. He has far too many weapons and he knows how to use them. Lance Moore, Devery Henderson, Robert Meachem, Adrian Arrington, Jimmy Graham, even Darren Sproles out of the back field. Brees will be just fine.

2. Thoughts on K Britt and D Bryant? Overrated in drafts this year or not so much?

Tom: I worry a bit about Dez Bryant, because he's going close to two rounds earlier than Britt in most cases. That alone makes him a bigger risk. I think if you can get Bryant in the 5th and Britt in the 6th, I'm comfortable with that.

Thanks for your time.

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:25 am

Originally posted by RotoLorenzo:
quote:Originally posted by CraigW:

Tom: Greene is a low-end RB2, as far as I'm concerned. I would start looking at him in the 5th round. I actually like him a lot this year, but I'm going to let him come to me and not necessarily reach. I suppose you can make the case for late-4th round, but I have my sights set on the 5th for Greene.

[/QUOTE]i'd be amazed if Greene makes it to the 5th round as we start getting closer to the season.