Gantze Machers Wins Week 3 Prize

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:19 am

Congratulations to Gantze Machers in Las Vegas League 3 for finishing first in the NFFC last week with 204.70 points. A monstrous week from LaDainian Tomlinson (49.3 points) paved the way to victory while Torry Holt (31.3), Brandon Lloyd (30.2) and Jason Witten (20.5) also delivered strong performances.

For finishing first last week, Gantze Machers wins a free retro jersey courtesy of Mitchell & Ness. To claim your prize, just go to www.mitchellandness.com and pick out your prize. Then contact me by e-mail ([email protected]) and we'll get in touch with Mitchell & Ness so you can receive your prize.

Congratulations again to Gantze Machers and good luck to everyone in the NFFC this week.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:23 am

There are few things sweeter than having the No. 1 overall pick in a fantasy football draft and watching the player you select perform even beyond those lofty expectations.

LaDainian Tomlinson did just that in Week 3. And his amazing performance was one of the key reasons why Josh Ference's Gantze Machers team in Las Vegas League 3 topped the NFFC field.

With Tomlinson powering the way with a massive 49.3 points, Gantze Machers finished first in Week with 204.70 points. Torry Holt (31.3), Brandon Lloyd (30.2) and Jason Witten (20.5) also delivered strong performances for Ferenc's team.

"I'm thrilled to break the 200-point mark in the NFFC," said Ferenc, who along with co-owner Sid Ferenc, works in the insurnace business in the San Francisco area. "(Tomlinson's) 49.3 points this weekend demonstrates that he is in a class by himself."

Ferenc is in eight fantasy football leagues this year and last year he just missed the playoffs in the NFFC as an early season injury to Deuce McAllister wreaked havoc on his team.

This year, the decision to take LT with the No. 1 pick was an easy one. After that, Ferenc said their Draft Day strategy was to find another strong RB and take the best available WR with their second- and third-round picks.

But as they say about the best-laid plans ...

"When Holt and (Marvin) Harrison were still available I was shocked and happy to change our strategy and go with the best player available theory," Ferenc said. "I really like Witten this year with (Drew) Bledsoe in Dallas and couldn't pass on him in Round 4.

"In the fifth and sixth rounds we were desperate for running backs and grabbed Thomas Jones and (Reuben) Droughns. I've been the riding the Thomas Jones train so far this season and hope he keeps up his production and the starting job."

Even better for Ferenc was he had a chance to personally watch one of his players go off for his team last week.

"I was at the 49ers' game this weekend and was delighted to see Brandon Lloyd's 89-yard TD scamper," he said. "He's turning out to be a great 10th-round pick so far."

In addition to fantasy football, Ferenc - who is married - said his other passion is bicycle racing. A big fan of the NFFC and the 14-team format, he has another goal in mind after his huge Week 3.

"I hope one day to see Sid and I holding a big check on your site for winning the NFFC," he said. "In my opinion, that puts you in the Fantasy Football Hall of Fame as an all-time great."
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:40 am

Nice job - I'm jealous ;)

jsferenc

Post by jsferenc » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:49 am

Thanks Route C.
Josh Ferenc

2005 National Fantasy Football Champion. Time for the sequel!

If it's worth doing it's worth overdoing!

jeff.price4

Post by jeff.price4 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:14 am

Congrats!

What retro jersey did you go with?

[ September 28, 2005, 02:15 PM: Message edited by: Showtune Lover ]

jsferenc

Post by jsferenc » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:24 am

I went with a 1994 Jerry Rice jersey. I'll wear it to the games.
Josh Ferenc

2005 National Fantasy Football Champion. Time for the sequel!

If it's worth doing it's worth overdoing!