AFFL and Question to the NFFC

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:32 pm

Is it Mike or Scott, Boutrous? Both are good guys, and run a good contest over there.

With AFFL looking to be "out of the picture", I THINK that makes Fantasy Jungle the 3rd highest Grand Prize out there in high stakes fantasy football ($50,000, behind WCOFF and NFFC).

Regardless, even if there is a bigger grand prize out there, these are the only 3 that I personally trust anymore.

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:01 am

Sorry to ask this question.
Besides Turf War I know of at least one other that did not pay there winners. It starts with a (K) anyone here know there name?

Was there any others?

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:23 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Is it Mike or Scott, Boutrous? Both are good guys, and run a good contest over there.

Scott. he's a good poker player too.

LFW

Post by LFW » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:02 pm

Perhaps some good news for/from Neil at FBGuys board.
-----------------
"We have received a verbal offer for the complete sale of AFFL and its software, and will have the written letter of intent Thursday morning. There are some contingencies of the LOI that still have to be met, one of which is a third party software valuation.

At this early point in the deal, I do not have an exact date of when the prize checks will be mailed, but only that the deal guarantees that every prize will be paid.

As soon as the stipulations of the deal have been met, I am sure that the new owners will make a public statement. I am confident that they have the expertise to carry AFFL into the future, and to provide an exceptional level of service. Going forward, it has been expressed that their intention is to escrow all prize money to avoid any prize situations in the future.

I appreciate everyone's patience during this time.

As soon as I have additional information regarding the date the deal will be complete and the exact payout dates, I will update everyone again. "
The TYRUNT of CDM Fantasy Sports Football Challenge and High Roller Football Contests!

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:20 pm

Man, it seems like they're buying a 3-legged horse!

Good luck to all that are owed money!!!!!!
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:46 am

Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
Man, it seems like they're buying a 3-legged horse!

Good luck to all that are owed money!!!!!! Just thinking out loud.
First of course I hope Neil's not BSing.

Could it be a big player will make a splash?
Espn,CBS or Trump?
Come in of course lose money and than build it up as the next Big 'Poker thing'?

I can't see a smaller type business taking over AFFL. Alittle looking into will show the new owner it is not the best way to go.
Why not just startup there own High Stakes League?

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:13 am

guarantees smarantees, amirite?

slam

Post by slam » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:44 am

Any words on AFFL?
Author, Fantasy Football Guidebook: Your Comprehensive Guide to Playing Fantasy Football and Fantasy Football Tips: 201 Ways to Win through Player Rankings, Cheat Sheets and Better Drafting (Available at www.fantasyfootballguidebook.com )

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:53 pm

I haven't heard anything since the March 12th e-mail.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:41 am

Well, it looks like two long-time NFFC owners are looking to rescue the AFFL from its financial woes. Anyone want to post the letter they sent out and provide some input? I know it would be good for the industry if all AFFL.com owners were paid their winnings from 2007, but I'd rather hear what our valued members think of all this.

Feel free to post the letter as I don't have access to it.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius