Live Chat With Tom & Greg: Today, 3 PM ET

Ry's Guys

Post by Ry's Guys » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:42 am

First of all nice drafting Tom! I like the team on paper.
Give us two specific surprises from the draft. One player that went earlier than you expected and one tht dropped more than you would've thought.
Thanks, I'll hang up and listen...
Pat Sorge

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:58 am

Originally posted by Bullgod:
First of all nice drafting Tom! I like the team on paper.
Give us two specific surprises from the draft. One player that went earlier than you expected and one tht dropped more than you would've thought.
Thanks, I'll hang up and listen... I honestly don't remember the draft results. But off the top of my head I remember thinking Schaub dropped a long way so I'd say he was good value. I don't recall being blown away by anyone going too early but there definitely was a strong rush on RBs. So a few guys I thought would be available a little later were gone, like Bush and Tolbert.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Ry's Guys

Post by Ry's Guys » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:23 am

Mike Martz has gone on record saying Roy Williams will catch 80-90 balls this year...Is it time to put old Martzy in the old folks home? He seems to be babbling a lot of B.S. these days.
Pat Sorge

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:24 am

Originally posted by Bullgod:
Mike Martz has gone on record saying Roy Williams will catch 80-90 balls this year...Is it time to put old Martzy in the old folks home? He seems to be babbling a lot of B.S. these days. I'm not buying into Roy Williams too heavily. I'd probably gamble on him as a WR4 but I don't trust him to be an elite receiver - even in Martz's offense.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

kapefear

Post by kapefear » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:30 am

Tom... i got RWayne 3rd round last night.. 9th pick in draft order... started with Calvin,Jennings,Wayne,SGreene,LBlount...Lovedit... Anyways 3 guys are flying up the boards..VJax,RBush,JulioJones..thoughts? current ADP? And LETS DO IT in NYC,SIGN ME UP FOR auction & Sunday night or Monday night, whatever you need me to fill the league & my 3pack..Coronas for you & PELLIGRINO & lime for me...You guys are truely the best in the business..

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:32 am

Thanks Jeff. I'll get you all set up for the two leagues.

As far as VJax, he's moving up strong and deservedly so. I've been saying for months I think he could be a stud WR this season. I like him a lot. Bush deserves more consideration - especially in PPR leagues. I haven't given up on Daniel Thomas but Bush looks like the clear lead RB to start the year - and we know he's a major impact player in the passing game. I'd gamble on Jones as a WR4. Lot of talent there and the Falcons look like they want to open up the offense more this season.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich