Thank You Rexford J. Grossman

FatPerez

Post by FatPerez » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:58 pm

In my Classic match up, I'm up by 1 pt., Washington has the ball in 2 minute-mode, I've got Hightower and Velvet Freddie Davis on the field, and then Rex F*#@man pulls that boner and gets the ball knocked out. My opponent has the Dallas D, he gets 2 pts., game over, I lose, thanks for comin'......Thank you Rexford J. Grossman.

[ September 26, 2011, 10:59 PM: Message edited by: Ponch ]
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women."- Conan the Cimmerian

KenGill

Post by KenGill » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:33 pm

That's a rough loss, no question. But to quote one of the posters on this board....

Thsi is the business we have chosen.

My first place team just lost Kenny Britt for the season. S*** happens.
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne

KenGill

Post by KenGill » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:34 pm

That's a rough loss, no question. But to quote one of the posters on this board....

This is the business we have chosen.

My first place team just lost Kenny Britt for the season. S*** happens.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:10 am

Look at the bright side of the night,COWBOYS WIN !!!!!!!!
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

renman

Post by renman » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:37 am

Ponch,

That is a tough loss... but that is a CLASSIC example of why H2H should be a part of fantasy football... that was a thrilling experience for you (even though the result was bad). Had you won... or had you been the other guy with the Dallas defense, you would be on cloud nine... instead, you struggled to sleep last night...

I understand H2H has a luck element (and I am getting killed by it this year)... but that excitement is what fantasy football is all about.

FatPerez

Post by FatPerez » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:53 am

I know that's how the cookie crumbles, and I wouldn't change a thing with the format. To me, H2H is still an exciting part of the game. That being said, watching Grossf*#k roll out holding the ball out at his side like there wasn't anyone giving chase, was absolutely stomach-churning. Cost me a 3-0 start. Add Rex to the growing list of NFL players I would delight in socking dead in the chops.
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women."- Conan the Cimmerian

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:03 pm

- YEP that win came to me my good friend..

HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!!

- yet the play before, hightower who does nothing all game, gets 2 cheap catches to put you ahead if you recall.. no complaints there..

- i knew that dallas would land a turnover there, i friggin knew it and they did..

- i should have had felix jones in there anyway, it shouldn't have been that close.. i left addai and jones on the bench..
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

FatPerez

Post by FatPerez » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:58 am

Oh my dear, sweet, Weber......let's not let hindsight get in the way of a perfectly legitimate fantasy football conversation here. If you're now saying that either an injury listed Felix Jones, or a so far non-existent Joseph Addai were better plays going into Week 3 than Ben Tate, than that's just silly. As for DeAngelo Williams.....now that's a different story. However, you drafted and started him, so you have to live with the results. As far as Tim Hightower doing nothing up until those two rec's in the 2-minute drill......c'mon man. I don't think he piled up 96 yds. rushing, 5 rec's, 39 yds. receiving, and a TD on those two catches. My only point here was that Grossman killed me.....flat-out. If he doesn't pull that boner, I'm sitting on a 1 point lead, Washington keeps driving, and I have Hightower and Velvet Freddie Davis potentially adding more points, as well as the possibility of your Dallas DEF losing points if Washington scores. But, like I said before, I wouldn't have the setup any other way. I still put a heavy emphasis on total points, however, the H2H aspect really makes the week-to-week play an exciting part of the experience.

[ September 29, 2011, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: Ponch ]

Fro

Post by Fro » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:18 pm

Why are you starting Grossman?

FatPerez

Post by FatPerez » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:35 pm

No mámes Frodo......I hope to God no one in the NFFC is stuck starting Grossman. The reason he killed me was because I had Hightower & Freddie Davis, and Weber had Witten & Dallas DEF. It was basically a draw heading into Monday Night's game, with those players left to decide our H2H match up for the week. When Grossf*#k fumbled the ball away on that last play, Mr. Weber got 2 pts. from the Dallas DEF, and drove a stake through my heart in the process. Oh well, C'est la vie.

[ September 29, 2011, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: Ponch ]