I'll Chat Today At 2 PM ET

Inf4life

Post by Inf4life » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:34 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by Go Getta:
I did the same thing in our KP2 league only becaused you sniped me with the BWest pick. That's who I wanted all along. Hard not to love Westbrook in any format which gives points of some kind for receptions. The guy is a reception monster. [/QUOTE]Even if he misses the usual 2 games a year that he does, he is still a monster to be reckoned with.
2007 NFFC Classic Champion

Inf4life

Post by Inf4life » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:35 am

quote:Originally posted by Diesel:
I've been busy on my last day off for awhile. I check on here to see SIX pages of chat. WOW.

Here's my question...I hope it wasn't touched on yet.

Derek Anderson has a LOT of pesimists this year. I think his numbers last year were consistant enough to warrant him top8 potential, almost guaranteed.

Your thoughts Tom? I think Anderson is one of the few elite QBs in fantasy this year. He has great weapons to work with in the passing game and if Lewis just remains decent (he was damn good last year) that will give him balance offensively. In a year with so many bums at QB, I'd love to get Anderson if I could in any league as my QB1.
[/QUOTE]+1
2007 NFFC Classic Champion

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:37 am

Originally posted by Go Getta:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by Go Getta:
I did the same thing in our KP2 league only becaused you sniped me with the BWest pick. That's who I wanted all along. Hard not to love Westbrook in any format which gives points of some kind for receptions. The guy is a reception monster. [/QUOTE]Even if he misses the usual 2 games a year that he does, he is still a monster to be reckoned with.
[/QUOTE]I agree. Also, there isn't a RB after LT who doesn't come with some durability issues. Peterson has them. Jackson has them. Addai has them. Gore has them. So I don't think you can downgrade Westbrook due to that concern when everyone after him has the same issue to some degree.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:40 am

I'm going to turn the tables on you now. Let's see if you can give me some advice.

I have the 4th pick in my main league. It's a 12-team league with a PPR format. If Bush or Jones-Drew are on the board in the second round, that's who I'm going to take. But let's say both are gone. Which option would you guys choose:

Option A
Take a stud WR in the second and another top WR in the third.

OR

Option B
Take a stud WR in the second and a stud QB in the third.

Let's say you agree with me that the QBs this year are garbage and with Hasselbeck out of the picture that's one less quality QB you'd feel comfortable with as your starter. Would that lead you to take an elite QB early or would the idea of landing two top WRs in a PPR league be more compelling?

I want to hear what the NFFC experts think.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:41 am

Delhomme has more TD passes last year, in the first 3 games than P.Manning, Drew Brees and Matt Hasselbeck. Since he's healthy this year, and has a hoard of WR's with some notches in their belts, do you see Delhomme coming into his own?

Also, I read somewhere that Keyshon Johnson was considering a return to Carolina. I saw NO F'In way...What do you think?
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:43 am

I'm going to turn the tables on you now. Let's see if you can give me some advice.

I have the 4th pick in my main league. It's a 12-team league with a PPR format. If Bush or Jones-Drew are on the board in the second round, that's who I'm going to take. But let's say both are gone. Which option would you guys choose:

Option A

OR

Option B

Let's say you agree with me that the QBs this year are garbage and with Hasselbeck out of the picture that's one less quality QB you'd feel comfortable with as your starter. Would that lead you to take an elite QB early or would the idea of landing two top WRs in a PPR league be more compelling?

I want to hear what the NFFC experts think. I'm guessing you're taking Gore at #4...So your RB is good. If Bush and MoJO are gone, I say go with Colston or best WR available.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:47 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
Delhomme has more TD passes last year, in the first 3 games than P.Manning, Drew Brees and Matt Hasselbeck. Since he's healthy this year, and has a hoard of WR's with some notches in their belts, do you see Delhomme coming into his own?

Also, I read somewhere that Keyshon Johnson was considering a return to Carolina. I saw NO F'In way...What do you think? I think "No F'in way" sums up my feelings too. I'm a huge Delhomme fan so if he is healthy he's a guy who could easily crack the Top 10 this year. I like him a lot as a fine value pick for your QB2 with considerable upside. But there is considerable risk as well.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:48 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:

Option A

OR

Option B

I want to hear what the NFFC experts think. I'm guessing you're taking Gore at #4...So your RB is good. If Bush and MoJO are gone, I say go with Colston or best WR available.
[/QUOTE]But would you take another WR in the third or would you take an elite QB? That's my question and that's what I want the NFFC experts to lay their expertise on me.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

telestar

Post by telestar » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:58 am

If you had to pick a major position to try to mix/match middling options instead of trying to generate strength (given the NFFC/NBC scoring system), would it be QB? I am leaning towards QB because it seems like two middle tier QBS played against the matchups could yield what a Carson Palmer-type player could provide. For example, would you be better off taking a good RB or WR in round four instead of Palmer and having two out of these - Hasselbeck, McNabb, E.Manning, Cutler & Bulger instead? You'd probably be using picks in round 6 and 8 or 6 and 9 instead of round 4.

telestar

Post by telestar » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:59 am

And that would be my answer to your situation - get the WR and leave the QB for later...