L. Tomlinson debate

Tom Kessenich

L. Tomlinson debate

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:57 am

Originally posted by GOD Loves You:

I will agree with your 80% assessment, it was 80% due to how he was used, but the reason why he was used that way is because the Chargers realized what they had or should I say, no longer had.....he was utilized the way he should've been, if the offense was dominated by LT, the AFC West would've forfeited their playoff entry!

This is it in a nutshell. The Chargers wisely realized LT had nothing left and utilized the stronger weapons they had and limited LT to the things he could do well - specifically score touchdowns from close range.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

L. Tomlinson debate

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:58 am

And James, I agree TDs are a huge part of fantasy football. But the fact remains LT was a major disappointment for his owners this season. If you draft someone in the Top 10 and he barely finishes in the Top 20 at his own position, he was a disappointment. There's no other way around that.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

renman

L. Tomlinson debate

Post by renman » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:16 pm

Tom,

LT was a disappointment..

So were...

M. Turner
M. Forte
Calvin Johnson,
S. Slaton

Are they all done?

The question never was "did LT under produce to his draft position?" or "was LT a disappointment with regard to where you took him?"

The questions were the following two that I reacted to.

1- were owners right to pound their chests in week two for getting the LT decision right on draft day?

I say no informed or reasonable fantasy football player could say they did because he had an ankle injury that ANY RB in the NFL could get at any age.

2- Is LT "done" and a RB who will produce very little or even be worthy of being cut in 2009?

I said no, I believed he would be productive during the second half of the season.

Those were the two points I made.

I did not say LT in 2009 is the same as LT in 2004.

I did not say LT was going to be a stud the remainder of the year.

GK,

I am a piece of work? lol

Care to outline what I am wrong about? Or am I a piece of work for being right?

KenGill

L. Tomlinson debate

Post by KenGill » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:28 pm

I think Renman must have been on his high school debate team or something.

Sorry James, the numbers and LT's age tell me he is done. We'll know for sure next year. I dare you to take him in the first round again.
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne

sportsbettingman

L. Tomlinson debate

Post by sportsbettingman » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:32 pm

Anyone have the balls to bet on which round he goes in next year? (14 team draft)

If it's less than round 6...you are all blowing smoke, because a 5th rounder is a very important base for your team.

Would you say a 5th rounder is "done"?

[ January 08, 2010, 11:45 PM: Message edited by: sportsbettingman ]
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

GOD Loves You

L. Tomlinson debate

Post by GOD Loves You » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:55 pm

Originally posted by Renman:

Why are you telling me in the first paragraph of your post that "LT is not the RB he used to be" when I have said the exact same thing in just about every single post involved with LT?

All I said is that he is not "DONE" for 2009 and would be a productive player for fantasy purposes.

That is all I said.

I was right.

You must not really know what you post because your tone has always seemed like LT was still a very good RB, not just for fantasy.

You actually said he would be performing very well if he switched places with Adrian Peterson, Cedric Benson and a few others I cannot remember.....newsflash, the Vikings line looks better than it is because of Peterson and Favre.

There's no way he would've come close to producing the way Benson did if he were in Cincy. Benson is still a grinder, LT isn't.

If your assessment was strictly fantasy purposes only, why did you continually bring up the Chargers' line and his injury, over and over and over and over and over and over?? This is why many have argued with you because your point hasn't always revolved ONLY around fantasy production....it seemed like you still thought he was a productive RUNNINGBACK, when in fact, he truly wasn't. The numbers do not lie and neither do my eyes and many others.

Again, heed your own advice/thought

To look at how LT produced this year blindly by stats and not see the entire story is MISSING the bigger picture.
The bigger picture is his actual play on the field.
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

GOD Loves You

L. Tomlinson debate

Post by GOD Loves You » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:56 pm

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
Anyone have the balls to bet on which round he goes in next year? (14 team draft)

If it's less than round 6...you are all blowing smoke, because a 5th rounder is a very important base for your team.

Would you say a 5th rounder is "done"? If Darren McFadden can get drafted in the 3rd round, LT could surely go in the 5th.....can anyone tell I think DMC is a fraud?
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

KenGill

L. Tomlinson debate

Post by KenGill » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:14 am

Sportsbettingman...

5th round sounds about right for LT next year, his name alone will get him that high. But a 5th round pick can ruin a fantasy season. I picked Lance Moore in the 5th, one of many bad picks i made this season. LT picked in the 5th round next year will probably yield similar results.
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne

renman

L. Tomlinson debate

Post by renman » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:17 am

Originally posted by TOXIC ASSETS:
I think Renman must have been on his high school debate team or something.

Sorry James, the numbers and LT's age tell me he is done. We'll know for sure next year. I dare you to take him in the first round again. Toxic,

If repeatedly winning a mini-debate on this issue means I was on the high school debate team, than I guess I was (I wasn't). I would say those who continue to make up viewpoints and positions I do not have about LT apparently would have been well served to be on their high school debate team. Rule number 1 about debates is not to MAKE UP something your opponent isn't saying.

If this (your post) had ANYTHING to do with the original discussion/debate it would have made great sense...

When did I say LT was worthy of a first round pick THIS YEAR let alone next year? (I will give you a hint, never).

What I said was in week 2-4 of last season people were WRONG to say he was DONE for this year. I said he would be productive during the second half of the season and I gave my opinion that a large percentage of WHY he is less productive this year had nothing to do with HIM losing a step or two.

I ended up being right.

renman

L. Tomlinson debate

Post by renman » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:24 am

God loves you,

-I do think LT is a good RB. I think he is still a serviceable, solid RB in the NFL RIGHT NOW. Due to the fact he was an epic immortal, and has lost a couple steps, typical fans have to characterize him as DONE, or dead, or a bum, or finished, or whatever. I never understood why this is.. but people need to do it. Just like Favre was DONE a couple years ago in the eyes of many.

-I believe LT would perform well if in a different situation behind a line that could block, playing for a team that used him in a different way.

-It is YOUR OPINION that LT would not have produced as well as Benson did if he were a Bengal. This is the same "Benson" that was defined as DONE, FINISHED, A BUM, A BUST countless times on this forum by the way. LT was a grinder this year. He was regularly grinding out tough yards behind a horrible line in OBVIOUS rushing situations. I believe we would have produced fine for the Bengals. To me, 75% of LT is better than 100% of Benson.

-I brought up the chargers line, LT's injury, and the ridiculous way he was used to counter debate the constant babbling about LT's stats. Some people can't see past stats. Some people can't see the bigger picture as to why a player is or is not productive.

-people argue with me because I do not blindly follow the herd, and I can argue things with pretty good logic. If I was arguing with poor logic or was totally off base, I would be tuned out and ignored.

-Numbers DO lie and they LIE all the time.

-Regarding how high TL is drafted next year... who knows? Until we know what team he is on, what is roll is, what his playing circumstance is.. we can't speculate... You know why? Because MANY THINGS factor into a football players level of production...