Did The Redskins Pay Too Much To Get RGIII?

Rog

Post by Rog » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:17 pm

actually 2 first round picks ,as they still stay in the first round they just move back 4 spots.I think this is a good move by the skins .they might be able to get a player they can lock up for the next 8-12 years

Money

Post by Money » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:29 pm

Originally posted by Who?:
actually 2 first round picks ,as they still stay in the first round they just move back 4 spots.I think this is a good move by the skins .they might be able to get a player they can lock up for the next 8-12 years 8 - 12 Years? Very few make it that long. 1 in a 100.
Joe

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:40 pm

Getting Vincent Jackson would go a long way to helping his development.

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:41 pm

Somewhere in the world Ricky Williams is firing up a fatty while texting "winning" to Ditka.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Chi_Town_FEW

Post by Chi_Town_FEW » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:00 pm

Originally posted by Money:
quote:Originally posted by Who?:
actually 2 first round picks ,as they still stay in the first round they just move back 4 spots.I think this is a good move by the skins .they might be able to get a player they can lock up for the next 8-12 years 8 - 12 Years? Very few make it that long. 1 in a 100. [/QUOTE]8 years maybe, I did a quick look and only 3 starting QBs have 10 or more years. 2 are elite and 1 is Matt Hasselbeck. Thats it. The game is to violent for longevity. 2015 -2018 is his window. I wish him and all Redskin fans good luck. I hope he is the real deal.

Ry's Guys

Post by Ry's Guys » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:38 am

That's a lot to give up for an unproven commodity! 2 1st rounders and a second rounder. From a Bears fans point of view, the Bears gave up 2 1st rounders for Cutler and although he has had some success it is hard to construct a team when you don't even get to swing and miss on a 1st rounder.

Free agency is great but to really build a solid team/franchise you need to excel in the draft, at free agency and developing all the talent.

This move puts the Redskins in a position where RGIII better be THAT good. Then you have to hit on most of your draft picks and you also can't miss in free agency.

I just don't think RGIII is that much of a sure thing to give up those draft picks.
Pat Sorge

CoMoHusker

Post by CoMoHusker » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:32 am

I think that Peyton showing no interest in the Skins really forced their hand on this. They had to act fast, as Cleveland really wanted that spot and could have offered as much as two first round picks in this year's draft in order to do so.

Time will tell but Cam was able to have success in the league early. The Redskins have taken far worse gambles than this one in years past and are hoping from the same type of success from RGIII early on.
Go Big Red!

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:49 pm

Well the skins paid WAY too much for Garcon, but at least it is someone for RG III to throw to.

CraigW

Post by CraigW » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:11 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Well the skins paid WAY too much for Garcon, but at least it is someone for RG III to throw to. Add to that Eddie Royal and Josh Morgan and I guess Moss and Gaffney are going to be free agents soon??
The Artist Formerly Known as Hard Heads