Adrian Peterson or Calvin Johnson?

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:53 am

Alot of good discussion on the draft possibilities. Nothing Oakland does surprises me so that could render alot of our possibilities moot on draft day.

wayne123

Post by wayne123 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:53 am

Would you rather Calvin Johnson go to a team where he would be an impact player (Oakland)? Or would you rather see him in a more questionable role (Tampa, Detroit)? I ask this from a fantasy football perspective. If he is too high profile, then maybe people will overbid. If he seems buried with a poor team or one with a lot of veteran WRs, then maybe you can get him with a later pick? Which would you rather see?
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:03 am

I would rather see the Saints move up and get him but that's my personal preference. With Colston, Horn, and Henderson, along with Brees, Deuce and Bush, I'd be looking to draft the entire Saints offense. :D That is going to be the fun scenario, will anyone pony up to move up to get the prime-time players? I can't think of one playoff team from last year that couldn't use Calvin Johnson.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

nostradamross

Post by nostradamross » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:17 am

it will be real tough for the lions to pick johnson. i think he will be a game breaker though. if he gets in martz's system with roy williams on the other side and furrey in the slot it could work out quite well for him his first season. now i have to hope detroit does the wrong thing and takes him. i would take johnson first overall. if not, joe thomas should be a good pick. i see drew stanton as detroits second pick.

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:47 pm

I love that the NFL network...(now video recording every damn drill)...will give us another tool as fantasy football players in the near future when using "combine" results/hype to calculate into our assessments (when combined with the NFL pre-season).

Imagine looking back and watching every drill Urlacher or Torry Holt performed, or Julius Peppers...not just the numbers...but every drill!

~Lance

[ February 28, 2007, 07:49 PM: Message edited by: sportsbettingman ]
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

dcc1973

Post by dcc1973 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:02 pm

I don't think it's in stone that the Raiders take JaMarcus at #1. Rumors are strong that Moss will be shipped to Green Bay (Raiders were looking for GB's #1 draft pick and they countered by offering Aaron Rodgers). If Oakland took Rodgers as part of the compensation for Moss, they'd sign a veteran in free agency and take Calvin Johnson #1. I don't think Oakland has given up on Andrew Walter yet either.

As for Cleveland at #3, if Joe Thomas is on the board, they'll pull on him over anyone else available. If Thomas is gone, they should go for Peterson.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:50 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
...man, hate to break up the teeny-bop pajama party going that SNAKE is witnessing first hand via this thread, but the gushers and droolers are certainly in abundance here regarding the over-hyped combine crew and it's making The Serpent kind of illSnake,

The difference with Calvin Johnson is the combine numbers ONLY solidified what "those in the know" knew..... this cat is THE REAL DEAL.

We aren't talking about some player who know one ever heard of who "wowed" at the combine (which I do agre with you about). This guy is 100% legit!

As for Adrian Peterson, he needs to stay healthy for an entire season before I take a shot at him.

[ March 01, 2007, 04:51 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:25 am

1) Not sure Snake, but Calvin has all the physical tools Larry had/has, and MUCH better speed.

2) As for spelling "agree" wrong, sorry, but I wrote it quickly. And as far as agreeing with you, trust me, it isn't intentional.

If agreeing with you is what YOU call perceptive, smart, etc., I would be PROUD to be recognized as an idiot in YOUR eyes! ;)

Unlike you, LOSING $$ is not part of MY gameplan each fantasy season! ;) While I'm cashing checks, you're explaining to your wife how you just threw another $2,000 in the toilet! :D

[ March 01, 2007, 09:40 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]